My car is a Liberal. How 'bout yours?

suzy

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:22 pm
Got any bumper stickers? If so, what do they say?
I'll tell you mine if you'll tell me yours!
But I'm going to bed, so I'll tell ya in the morning!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,496 • Replies: 42
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:28 pm
Mine says "Boycott Bumper Stickers" which is conveniently availible in the A2K shop. Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:28 pm
No bumper stickers on my 1995 white Lexus ES300 with less than 50,000 miiles on the odometer. I have a Santa Clara County "A" parking tag on my back window that expires on June 30; it allows for preferential parking as a grand jury member.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:44 pm
I just magic markered "Boycott Bumper Stickers" onto my bumper. Now I'm starting to think I missed the joke.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 12:56 am
The usual 'my kids is an honor student..' one. But I want to get another one that says 'my other kid beat up my honor student...'
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 04:35 am
All I have on my bumper is an AAA sticker, and a scratch which I received courtesy of a thughtless individual who let his shopping cart scratch my car in a store parking lot!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 05:39 am
I have a front license plate holder that contains a sign "My border collie is smarter than your honor student"

You are operating unders a misconception that Bumper stickers (BS's) are the sole affliction of liberals .
I beg to differ

KEEP BUSH IN 04
MY CAR PROTECTED BY SMITH AND WESSON
CHOOSE LIFE

My favorite BS is

NO MONKEYS IN MY FAMILY TREE -technically correct, we are actually referring to living relatives.

there are a host of others that cearly identify the occupants politics as more conservative (or at least adoping conservative "code words")
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 05:55 am
Would you believe that you can get "choose life" license plate in Florida!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 06:00 am
I used to have a bumber sticker that read "Pipers do it with Amazing Grace", but it deteriorated and faded over a number of years.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 06:15 am
Phoenix-not surprised.When, may I ask, did thhat plate become available?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 06:17 am
Looks like 1999.

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/specialtytags/ChooseLife.html

Apparently, the surcharge for the specialty plate goes to a pro-life organization. I wouldn't even think of writing my opinion of this on a public forum. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 07:32 am
Oh, Suzy! I thought this was going to be about your Beamer, or perhaps the Volvo.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 07:38 am
I have a bumper sticker that reads...

My other tractor is a piece of **** too.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 08:15 am
Hahaha! Laughing
My car is liberal because of my liberal bumper stickers, is what I meant, farmerman! Smile
A year or so ago I decided my car is a piece of **** too, and I don't have to worry about "resale" price, so I decided to decorate it.
On my rear window, I have a poster which says:
"Anyone but Bush/Cheney". Their faces are in a circle with a slash through it.
On the other side is one which says: "$15 billion (or some such figure) cuts in veterans benefits. Is this how Mr. Bush supports our troops?"
And another that says
"Bush for ex-president in 2004"
On my bumper is a sticker from my agency,
one from my son's former band's website (suckapunch.org) and one that simply asks
"Got Democracy?"
On my side window is one which says
"THINK! It's patriotic"
and on the other side
"One nation under DEMOCRACY, Goddamn it!"
Pretty obnoxious, I know!
Today I'm going to replace my window ones with two that I made on a website. They both look like Bush campaign signs, so it's tricky. One has "Fire the Liars" and the other says "Tested and Failed" .
I do have a small one that says "Osama loves your SUV" but decided against putting it on my car for safety reasons! I may give it to the guy around here who drives a Hummer to the supermarket.
I should add the "Boycott Bumperstickers" one!
Roger, as much as I would love a Volvo, and always dreamed of owning a Rolls, I find it hard to pay more for a car than my parents paid for a new home! I try to keep it under $20K on principle! Smile
Thank you all!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 08:22 am
"Our son is an honor student" "What happened to to our second son?"
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 09:06 am
Don't get a Rolls. I hear they're made by Volkswagen now. How'd you like a nice shiney VW on the front of that half million dollar ride.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 09:26 am
Smile As if it's really an option!
If I could afford a Rolls, I'd have paid off my student loans instead!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 10:25 am
Currently... Mass Audabon, and a torn sticker for Flexifoil kites.

Previously, my favorite was a bumper sticker that said BUMPER STICKER and had a bar code.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 10:29 am
But what I meant to say is...

If your car is a liberal, you should get your alignment checked. Pulling to the left (or right) will wear your tires and cost you in gas milage.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 10:30 am
Hunters & Anglers - Environmentalism Without Fanatacism

Ted Nugent United Sportsmen of America

I also have a window sticker that gives me access to the East Bay Regional Parks.
0 Replies