What do I do?

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 03:19 am
So I met this guy online and after a few messages we realized we had a lot in common so he asked me to coffee. A few hours before we planned to meet up he says that something with work came up and he wouldn't be able to make it. He said that he wanted to try it again sometime though. We talked a little in the days after that and told him my schedule but I waited for him to come up with a day since he was busy. Thursday morning he asked if I could do dinner that night. We went to dinner and then drinks and hung out for about four hours. Afterwards we hugged because I am not usually one to kiss on the first date. I had a great time and I thought the conversation was lively and fun. He shared details about his personal life. He said he wanted to talk and get together again. The next morning I texted him saying I had a good time. It has been two days and I have not heard from him. He said he was busy with work and is going out of town tomorrow. Is he really busy or is he not as interested as I thought he was? What should I do?

contrex

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 03:37 am
(Bear in mind we don't actually know you or the guy, and even if we did, we aren't mind readers)

Two possibilities:

1. He is interested, he is just very busy and will probably meet you sometime soon.

2. He is not interested, is making up the stuff about about being busy, and will not meet you sometime soon.

In either case, you can either wait and see, or drop the whole thing now.
0 Replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 09:58 am
@hello678,

First he cancelled because he was busy; then he put off a date, because he was busy; then 'coffee' became a dinner, and everything went very well; and he said he wants to meet again.
All you told us is you met a guy online who seems to be always busy, but finally comes through.
I'd be moderately optomistic, but don't expect a text now, because he's probably busy. (Did he leave an impression that he is a busy guy?)
In the meantime, keep busy yourself, and if/when you get to talk again, go with your gut.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 02:39 pm
Wait until he comes back, give him a day, then call him to ask him about that coffee. If he is too busy for that, then you know what to do.

0 Replies