So today is the day...

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 10:30 am
We go to the mediator today to try and work things out civilly in the divorce process. He begs me every night to change my mind. I know it's the right choice deep down, but I literally feel sick to my stomach. I am so worried about the kids.

Worst holiday season ever....

Rockhead

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 10:39 am
@Crazielady420,
it gets better.

good luck...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 10:39 am
@Crazielady420,
Hang in there, CL. Be strong. (I know you are)
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 01:13 pm
Be strong.

Pity and/or feeling sorry for him are HOLDS he has on you. Soon it will turn to anger and revenge on his part because he's not getting his way. Don't fall for that.

Do what you must do to make yourself whole. Spend 2014 on improving yourself, without a man. Then you will be ready to start up again, this time, with a healthy outlook and mature choices.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 04:57 pm
@Crazielady420,
Quote:
We go to the mediator today to try and work things out civilly in the divorce process. He begs me every night to change my mind. I know it's the right choice deep down, but I literally feel sick to my stomach. I am so worried about the kids.

Are kids better off living in a tension-filled home, with a mother who really doesn't want to remain married?

You and your husband just have to try to make a divorce as less difficult for them as possible, and not put them in the middle, and let them express their feelings about what's happening to their lives. And I'm sure you'll do that, I hope your husband does too.

I can understand why you feel sick to your stomach, it's a major move, and it will affect other's lives, but you have to do what is the right choice for you, and help your children to adjust to, and cope with, the change. You can't guarantee your children the unchanging stability I'm sure you might prefer for them.

How did things go with the mediator today?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 05:01 pm
I hope it went well.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 06:10 pm
My prayers are for you and your kids today, CL.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 06:26 pm
@Crazielady420,
You're a good mother.

I hope you have a mediator who is able to work well with both of you.

I'm not a religious person but one of my favourite religious greetings applies here I think ... Peace be with you.

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 07:58 pm
@Crazielady420,
Good luck Christine, everything will work out for the best. Happy Holidays!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 08:28 pm
@Crazielady420,
Thinking of you and sending prayers that all will work out in the end.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 05:02 pm
@Crazielady420,
So what happened, CL? Haven't heard from you all week.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 03:11 pm
@Crazielady420,
Any news? Is everything ok?
Crazielady420

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 08:37 am
@glitterbag,
It had to be moved due to the snow storm. We've decided to individually get on our feet before proceeding with the paperwork. We both agree that it is over aside from the paper. He is currently looking for an apartment/house and we have stuck to joint custody. He continues to contribute to the bills and once we are better off financially we will file the final paperwork amicably.

He's stopped being cruel on a daily basis and we can talk without arguing a bit more each day, which is probably because we never see each other aside from when we switch with the kids.

The girls are doing better than I thought they would. They remain in their home while him and I go back and forth. My youngest doesn't seem to have caught on. While my oldest has had a few moments where she has been upset but with reassurance she does better each day.

We are just taking things one day at a time for now but I have faith that it will all get a lot easier as time goes on and everyone adapts.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:53 am
It is really tood to hear of a mature and amicable settlement of such a personal tragedy. I wish you the best, and the best for the girls, too.
0 Replies