Why do people deny evolution?

Setanta

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 03:51 am
As everyone knows, 87% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
farmerman

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 03:54 am
@Setanta,
quahog is "going gunga" on us.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 04:24 am
He's also trying the Neologist dodge. Parados whipped his ass repeatedly on this statistically impossible BS earlier in the thread. He's just trying out the claim on a new set of victims. Like Neo, he'll probably peddle it until the day he dies.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 04:51 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
has no real basis

That's a strange phrase fm. It allows for an unreal basis such as a referee in a fight. Why not simply "no basis"? There is equivocation in "no real basis".

Do you think evolution science needs a referee in regard to human activity?

It seems a fallacy to me to suggest that because the Nazis banned writings on "primitive Darwinism" the way is clear to introduce the subject into civilised discourse and the schools.

Is the way clear to approve all the other books in Die Bücherei because the Nazis made the choices?

I think both your cut and paste jobs are absurd over-simplifications designed to mislead simpletons.

One thing did come before 1859. Darwin's contacts with "inferior" races. And after 1859 all sorts of eugenics movements appeared.

I feel confident in asserting that Stalin and the Nazis had long lists of banned things. Are you recommending that we embrace them all enthusiastically because of that?

Don't you believe, with Lysenko, that life appeared spontaneously? Which, using your own methods, makes you a Commie.

spendius

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 05:26 am
@spendius,
Wiki has this in its entry on John Maynard Smith--

Quote:
In 1991 he was awarded the Balzan Prize for Genetics and Evolution "For his powerful analysis of evolutionary theory and of the role of sexual reproduction as a critical factor in evolution and in the survival of species;

"Critical" eh? Perhaps Wilso thinks he was short of a blow job. Wilso uses that sort of meaningless jibe to discourage discussions relating to sex. Perhaps he finds this "critical factor" distasteful for personal reasons.

Smith and Haldane were both Commies. And ex Eton.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 05:34 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
As everyone knows, 87% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Nice way of trying to escape the reality that evolution really is hogwash.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 05:35 am
@farmerman,
I think you have the very very very wrong sourecs (mainstream garbage I presume?)
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 05:40 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Only idiots like you assert such bullshit. Any asshole can "make up" fallacious statistics to support their dumass beliefs.
Why not post some of your "math" and lets analyze it dipshit.

Wow! What a lots of Ad Hominims today.

For the fun of it, let's count them

1 idiots
2 Any Asshole
3 dumass beliefs
4 dipshit.

Hmmmm It really seems something is bothering you! Wink

Btw why don't YOU use math to show your strange belief (evolution) is right?
Why not?

I know, It can't be done, because it is wrong from top to bottom and from bottom to top.

But what's with tha AH's It seems I don't use them on you , even if I disgree totally?

Must be really something in your character now, doesn't it?

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 05:41 am
@spendius,
Quote:
One thing did come before 1859. Darwin's contacts with "inferior" races. And after 1859 all sorts of eugenics movements appeared.

Exactly!!! Thank you!
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 06:13 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
Wow! What a lots of Ad Hominims today
They aren't ad hominems, Ad hominems appeal to pejudices or feelings not intellect. I am strait out calling you a dumass dipshit. Its a direct insult which you so richly deserve genius.

You are the one who stated that math nd statistics can "prove" its case against evolution, yet, by all demonstrations from you , you have no idea of what you speak.

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 06:19 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
They aren't ad hominems, Ad hominems appeal to pejudices or feelings not intellect. I am strait out calling you a dumass dipshit. Its a direct insult which you so richly deserve genius.

You are the one who stated that math nd statistics can "prove" its case against evolution, yet, by all demonstrations from you , you have no idea of what you speak.

Yor trying to get very funny again, right?
First you make a lot of Ad Homimens. than say that they are not Ad Hominems, because they are really Ad Hominems'.

where's your logic mate?!

Or for that matterm where is the math that 'proves' the evolutionary nonsense?

I had to study a lot about evolution at school and they talked a lot about 'change' , but NOT ONCE it was calculated. It was just assumed!!!

You really have to, because the math really shows there can't be evolution at all!

It seems to me you have trouble "grocking" that, right? Wink
farmerman

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 06:36 am
@Quehoniaomath,
The role of Creationist scholarship is merely bsed upon fraudulent claims that assert that the teaching of Darwin or Haeckel were embraced by Hitler. (This just helps their case because they certainly cannot muster any real scientific evidence). As D Richards wrote about this :

Quote:

The perceived materialism of Darwinian biology and Haeckelian monism deterred those who cultivated the mystical ideal of a transcendence of will. Pseudoscientific justifications for racism would be ubiquitous in the early twentieth century, and Hitler’s own mad anti-Semitism hardly needed support from evolutionary theorists of the previous century.

The attempt to support Nazi racism with some scientific basis is merely a heap trick, and one which has been frequently debunked by those more intelligent than Quahog .
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 06:37 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Read your OED and learn something new.
The proof using "mathematics " is yours doofus. You've made the claim of mathematical certainty for Creationism.
Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 06:57 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Read your OED and learn something new.
The proof using "mathematics " is yours doofus. You've made the claim of mathematical certainty for Creationism.

You really, really, really, really don't read my postings at all!
I am NOT into CREATIONISM. Get it now?

I told you a thousand times! Allow me politely one Ad Hominem now: MORON!

That being said, I can give the math, but you can't to give the math that evolution works, now, can you?

Where the hell did this specie came from?
farmerman

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 07:00 am
@spendius,
Quote:
after 1859 all sorts of eugenics movements appeared.
At least shoot for accuracy. Vague temporal references aren't allowed, especially when you start out parsing one of my sentences in your prissy fashion. Correct your run-ons before you complement my writing style.

Quote:

Don't you believe, with Lysenko, that life appeared spontaneously?
Where do you even derive this from anything that I have said. Because Lysenko's thinking , that of a Lamarkian, was adopted by Stalin as a basis for
Soviet biology, where does that historical fact connect to ANYTHING Ive said?

I think you need to clear the cobwebs old girl.

Quote:

Do you think evolution science needs a referee in regard to human activity?
no more than it needs a false biographer.

Darwin had nill to do with his 5th cousin's "invention" of the term EUGENICS. (a name that was not first presented in any literature until two years after Darwins death).
In the entire Desmond and Moore text, we see the mention of Galton in Darwins presence in references to the abolitionist movement or his messing about with spiritualism(something that Darwin said was silliness). Nowhere in the book is the word eugenics used in Galtons presence with Darwin.
(It actually appears to me that Galton's obsession came as an outgrowth of his dalliances with spiritualism than with anything he derived from Natural selection. Galton merely needed a firmer footing with something in sciences rather than séances). He claimed a "mentorship" relation with Darwin but Darwin was apparently not too pleased with Wallaces or Galton's sinking into ghosts and spirit worlds.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 07:03 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
I am NOT into CREATIONISM. Get it now?
When you walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and are impressed with what other ducks have to say, Id call you Creationist.

You are what your works show you to be
Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 07:04 am
Btw some quotes from Stephen J. Gould

Quote:
"The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology. The evolutionary trees that adorn our textbooks have data only at the tips and nodes of their branches; the rest is inference, however reasonable, not the evidence of fossils."

And another one:

Quote:
"Paleontologists have paid an exorbitant price for Darwin’s argument. We fancy ourselves as the only true students of life’s history, yet to preserve our favored account of evolution by natural selection we view our data as so bad that we never see the very process we profess to study."

Last but not least:

Quote:
"But our ways of learning about the world are strongly influenced by the social preconceptions and biased modes of thinking that each scientist must apply to any problem. The stereotype of a fully rational and objective ‘scientific method,’ with individual scientists as logical (and interchangeable) robots, is self-serving mythology."

Well, there you have itm from the mouth of the babe so to speak!

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 07:07 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
When you walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and are impressed with what other ducks have to say, Id call you Creationist.

You are what your works show you to be

O MAN , HOW THICK ARE YOU!?!

EVEN IF I SAY I AM NOT A CREATIONST YOU INSIST I AM!

THAT I AM AGAINST A DANGEROUS AND IDIOTIC RELIGION CALLED

EVOLUTION DOESN'T MEAN I AM A CREATIONST

BUT, SO IT SEEMS. YOU CAN'T THINK LOGICALLY AND RATIONALLY

AND SEEM TO BE ABLE TO THINK ONLY IN BLACK AND WHITE.

You really must have studied hard to become so imbecile!
and I mean this!

Do people take you serious at your work?????

0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 07:11 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Please dipshit, at least learn what an ad hominem is (Im glad you've at least corrected your spelling of it). Viz
Quote:
Allow me politely one Ad Hominem now: MORON!

that was merely an insult, not an ad hominem. English isn't your .
home language .

When I call you a dipshit or a cretin, it reflects my recognition of all the years of work you've put into your present status of being so endowed.

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 07:13 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
When I call you a dipshit or a cretin, it reflects my recognition of all the years of work you've put into your present status of being so endowed.

lol,. your flattering me now, don't you?!
(I don't think you get this one now)

lol,

well, when do YOU stop hanging on to that ridicules religion called evolution?
OR explain why you still believe in this religion!

you can''t!!!!

where does this specie come from?