Why do people deny evolution?

cicerone imposter

Thu 29 May, 2014 05:08 pm
@spendius,
Here's a good summary about paleontology, evolution, and rock layers.
Quote:
In the late 18th and early 19th centuries, English geologists and French paleontologists discovered that the age of rocks could be determined and correlated by their contained fossils. Rocks of the same age contain the same, or very similar, fossil species, even when the rock units extend over a large area or the exposures are not continuous. They also noted that there was a distinct, observable succession of fossils from older to younger rocks that did not repeat itself. These geoscientists were the first to use fossils to correlate the time of formation of the rocks in which the fossils occur. Three concepts are important in the study and use of fossils: (1) Fossils are the remains of once living organisms; (2) The vast majority of fossils are the remains of the hardparts of extinct organisms; they belong to species no longer living anywhere on Earth; (3) The kinds of fossils found in rocks of different ages differ because life on Earth has changed through time.
edgarblythe

Thu 29 May, 2014 05:11 pm
@spendius,
In your case, I can readily see that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 29 May, 2014 05:12 pm
@spendius,
Not even Piltman?
spendius

Thu 29 May, 2014 05:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The kinds of fossils found in rocks of different ages differ because life on Earth has changed through time.

That's amazing ci. Whodathowtit?

I think that the geoscientists were the first to use fossils to extract cash from the taxpayers.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 29 May, 2014 05:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
There's plenty of evidence for evolution. The annual flu changes, because the immunization affects it in ways that makes it immune to those immunizations.
That's evolution in action from year to year.

Darwin's 14 finches also proves evolution. The same species of birds have developed different beaks in order to survive within the environment in which they settled based on the different food source. The Galapagos Islands prove that.

From Wiki.
Quote:
The term "Darwin's finches" was first applied by Percy Lowe in 1936, and popularised in 1947 by David Lack in his book Darwin's Finches.[2][3] David Lack based his analysis on the large collection of museum specimens collected by the 1905–06 Galápagos expedition of the California Academy of Sciences, to whom Lack dedicated his 1947 book. The birds vary in size from 10 to 20 cm and weigh between 8 and 38 grams. The smallest are the warbler-finches and the largest is the vegetarian finch. The most important differences between species are in the size and shape of their beaks, and the beaks are highly adapted to different food sources.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 29 May, 2014 08:04 pm
Quote:
Thread title: Why do people deny evolution?

What people? I don't know any modern Christian who denies evolution, for the simple reason they know that God himself wrote the laws of evolution..Smile
cicerone imposter

Thu 29 May, 2014 08:29 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
God wrote the laws of evolution? Where does it say that?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 29 May, 2014 08:39 pm
Quote:
Cicerone said: God wrote the laws of evolution? Where does it say that?

Here ya go mate..Smile-
"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made" (John 1:3)
"He who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it" (Isaiah 42:5)
Jesus said "My Father is always working" (John 5:17)
cicerone imposter

Thu 29 May, 2014 08:44 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Good imagination, but no cupie doll. There's nothing close to the word "evolution." How can the bible even consider it when Charles Darwin was the first one to identify evolution in the 19th century?

Have you ever studied any science? You probably lack the intelligence.
Romeo Fabulini

Thu 29 May, 2014 09:31 pm
Quote:
Cicerone said to me: Have you ever studied any science? You probably lack the intelligence.

That's the fighting spirit mate, it's your Samurai warrior ancestry speaking..Wink
Incidentally check out my Japanese aircraft thread here under my fighting name "Poor Old Spike"-

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=14431

PS- Mitsuo Fuchida who led the Pearl Harbor attack became a Christian after the war..Smile
glitterbag

Thu 29 May, 2014 09:47 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Cicerone said to me: Have you ever studied any science? You probably lack the intelligence.

That's the fighting spirit mate, it's your Samurai warrior ancestry speaking..Wink
Incidentally check out my Japanese aircraft thread here under my fighting name "Poor Old Spike"-

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=14431

PS- Mitsuo Fuchida who led the Pearl Harbor attack became a Christian after the war..Smile

Can anybody guess what I admire the most about Romeo........it's his brave forbearance when confronted with fact. I've never met anyone who can remain as cheerful while being so completely, utterly free of any sort of education. Apparently ignorance is bliss.

Also, I admit that thank God, this moron wasn't born and raised in the USA.
cicerone imposter

Thu 29 May, 2014 09:59 pm
@glitterbag,
That's his 'christian' spirit, and I admire him for it! LOL
glitterbag

Thu 29 May, 2014 10:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's his 'christian' spirit, and I admire him for it! LOL

You forgot to mention his admirable respect for women.
Wilso

Fri 30 May, 2014 01:00 am
Romeo is the ultimate proof that the hardest person to deal with is a confident, uneducated moron.

He's also a ****.
InkRune

Fri 30 May, 2014 01:02 am
Ya gotta love this thread Smile
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 30 May, 2014 02:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The kinds of fossils found in rocks of different ages differ because life on Earth has changed through time.

If that isn't a circular argument...... they differ because they differ, lol
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 30 May, 2014 04:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
How can the bible even consider it when Charles Darwin was the first one to identify evolution in the 19th century?

That shows how little you know ci.

Darwin simply recast the evolution ideas of the 18th Century along the lines of the Malthusian tendency of political economy based on a study of the English factory system which were projected on to the class of animals which were easy to see.

The application of such mechanical ideas to humans is found in Buckle's History of English Civilization.

The aptly named Professor Basil Willey's book Darwin and Butler: Two Versions of Evolution, lays out the history of the evolution idea which goes back over 2,000 years. It is in the Bible too only in parable form which I accept will be beyond your comprehension.

What can possibly drive an arrogance to spout on this important matter without having taken the slightest effort to study it?

The answer is obvious and it is to do with Christian sexual morality being inconvenient for you.

Why can't you bring yourself to attack Christian sexual morality on scientific grounds? Are you shy? There is plenty to go at in that line of work. Far more than I dare post on here.
spendius

Fri 30 May, 2014 04:25 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
You forgot to mention his admirable respect for women.

Women do not respect uxorious men gb. And with good reason. It is evolutionary nonsense. Fops would never have tamed North America.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 30 May, 2014 04:30 am
@spendius,

Quote:
The answer is obvious and it is to do with Christian sexual morality being inconvenient for you.

Would you care to decribe this "Christian sexual morality" that your sentence pertains to? And why would you conclude that this "morality" is inconvenient?
spendius

Fri 30 May, 2014 04:30 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
He's also a ****.

Your posts Wilso show no sign of you having any education to speak of.

Reason No. 19 for denying evolution. It avoids people thinking you are like Wilso.
0 Replies