Why do people deny evolution?

Quehoniaomath

Thu 29 May, 2014 12:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Ad hominems only proves you can't answer the question.
I'm otta here; it's a waste of time! You're now on Ignore.

I KNOW you are still reading this.
It really wasn't an Ad Hominem, I really ment it.
Bit if you read an AH in it, that means you are easily offended,

Now put me back on ignore. Wink
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 29 May, 2014 01:12 pm
@parados,
Quote:
and Spendi can be the 4,2o7

What does that mean para?
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 29 May, 2014 01:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Says one of the A2K princes of ad hominem.
0 Replies

parados

Thu 29 May, 2014 01:29 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:
Please show us how math can prove evolution is 'all nonsense?'

About the only nonsense here are your opinions.

Lot of good books about that! Read them, it is too much for here.
I showed you one, there are more.

And then you refused to discuss the math in them. This is just another example of your simply having math mean whatever you want it to mean.
parados

Thu 29 May, 2014 01:30 pm
@spendius,
Somebody has to put Q back together again.
0 Replies

WW2016

Thu 29 May, 2014 01:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There are many questions u can't answer.

What was first, the male or the female?
spendius

Thu 29 May, 2014 01:45 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
sorry, Spendius, not some, there are really very many. Sorry for that, but it is really true,

There's no need to be sorry Q. I don't give a **** about that ****. You have been watching too many lurid TV shows. And I didn't say it didn't happen in some places and I didn't say it isn't still happening.

All I said was that it is not confined to the Church.

Quote:
The pope before this one, has even declared a law that is was forbidden to point out these padeophile priests. or something along those lines.

Whatever line it was was not the one you assert.

Quote:
Nearly all the stories in the bible can be found in much older pagan religions.

Yeah- like diddling kids could be. In fact it was institutionalised at the highest level. Tiberius had a menagerie. So did a lot of Roman nobles. And Greek ones. Ever heard of a catamite or Ganymede.

Quote:
The English common law had traditionally set the age of consent within the range of 10 to 12, but in 1875 the age was raised to 13.

You want to be careful, Q, about getting steamed on the basis of current law. Everybody in my pub knew what a holiday in Thailand was all about.

People who single out the Church for a beating on this matter have other agendas. They are either too stupid to attack the Church any other way or, as I think, they like talking about it and bringing it up every time a suitable opportunity arises.

It looks to me that you have had the most astounding book ever written stolen off you by the very mind benders you railed about. It's very common.

Try reading it with an open mind.
0 Replies

WW2016

Thu 29 May, 2014 01:49 pm
"Further important evidence from the fossil record is the absence of transitional forms between species. Darwin was concerned that the thousands of intermediate stages between creatures needed to prove his theory were not in evidence, but he expected they would eventually be found. Yet those thousands of missing transitional forms are still missing!"

My biggest point why the evolution theory is BS. The lack of evidence. Above mentioned evidence should be found in abundance, and there is NONE!!!

This alone proves the evolution theory to be BS. Case closed.

spendius

Thu 29 May, 2014 02:08 pm
@parados,
"Math", para, assuming you mean mathematics, is the ability to think in numbers. As either counters or symbols.

Kids can do both. Five sheep say. And knowing that 85 degrees F. means it's too hot which is usually shown in weather forecasts in red. Minus 10 meaning the pond will be frozen over and coloured blue. The 85 in that case being a symbol.

As is 40 mph if you take Quantum theory seriously because the car is moving in fits and starts. It goes from one point to another with leaps that take zero time. Thus 40 mph represents a generally agreed consensus that the average of a lot of stops and zero time leaps (infinite velocity) has been set at 40 mph for convenience.

Of course the idea of "hour" is also of importance but I can't go into that because I'm laughing so much.

I'll try to consider the implications of symbols of direction in the bath.

What is this math you and Q keep banging on about. You and him should get in the ring and settle it the manly way. Which is how it is done in evolution.

Reason No. 18 (is it?) ---people deny evolution in order to avoid fisticuffs. Not that they always do so.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 29 May, 2014 02:09 pm
@WW2016,
Horseshit. There are so many intermediate fossils already dug up. What Darwin cited as a lack in his time is no longer the case.
izzythepush

Thu 29 May, 2014 03:02 pm
@WW2016,
Female, obviously, as evidenced by the stronger X chromosome. XX and XY but not YY.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 29 May, 2014 03:04 pm
@WW2016,
There's all kinds of evidence for evolution. Too bad you're blind and dumb to the overwhelming facts that's available to everybody.

Here's a list prepared by UC Berkeley.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/search/topicbrowse2.php?to

Here's on example from the list.
Quote:
Darwin's "extreme" imperfection? Advanced
Darwin used the words "extreme imperfection" to describe the gappy nature of the fossil record - but is this really such a problem? This article delves into the topic of transitional fossils and explores what we have learned about them since Darwin's time.
This article appears at SpringerLink.

spendius

Thu 29 May, 2014 03:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
There are so many intermediate fossils already dug up.

Every fossil on earth, dug up or not, represents an intermediate form unless it is of an organism which did not reproduce.

How could it be otherwise? How could Darwin not have known such a simple and obvious fact.
edgarblythe

Thu 29 May, 2014 03:14 pm
@spendius,
He did not manipulate words to alter meanings, as you do.
cicerone imposter

Thu 29 May, 2014 03:15 pm
@spendius,
You,
Quote:
How could it be otherwise? How could Darwin not have known such a simple and obvious fact.

How come you don't understand the why's Darwin didn't know? Hindsight is 20/20 - dummy!
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 29 May, 2014 03:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
There's all kinds of evidence for evolution. Too bad you're blind and dumb to the overwhelming facts that's available to everybody.

Here's a list prepared by UC Berkeley.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/search/topicbrowse2.php?to

How many times do you need telling, ci., that the topic has **** all to do with evolution and everything to do with a snide, backdoor, in stockinged feet, assault on the citadel populated by gluttonous, power mad control freaks who insist, for obvious reasons, that we should not have as good a time as nature endowed us to do in its infinite wisdom?

Why do you think Darwin was so nervous about publication? He knew what some would use his masterpiece for. Some experts say his nervousness on the matter caused his almost permanent vomiting, diarrhea and hypochondria. He knew very well that from a purely scientific point of view his essay would be of interest only to a few.

If you think that all the pseudo-scientific jargon we get, although you can't be accused of it, is going to distract anybody but the dimmest from being fully aware that an assault on the Church is what the topic is, you are very much mistaken.

But they couldn't talk about that at Dover. Which makes Dover a hoax perped to chisel 2 million bucks out of hard-pressed Dover taxpayers. With the plaintiffs' cut being backstage.

Which I told you at the time. Making money out of sex is a very attractive proposition. It's like a fiery steed that needs a stern horseman.
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 29 May, 2014 03:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
He did not manipulate words to alter meanings, as you do.

Which words ed? Put up or shut up.
edgarblythe

Thu 29 May, 2014 04:05 pm
@spendius,
He meant he could not produce transitional fossils, say, between human and human ancestor. That they themselves are transitional, he said in more ways than one. As you likely already know.
spendius

Thu 29 May, 2014 04:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
I do already know. There are no transitional fossils. They are all what they were.

The assumption of a direction in evolution towards the perfection of Mr Charles Darwin Esq. is a gross error in terms of evolutionary principles.

We seem, if the pseudo-scientifics on here are to be believed, that we are evolving to exist with our heads up our arses.
spendius

Thu 29 May, 2014 05:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
btw-- ed---as far as I know no human fossil has been found that isn't just like us. Any differences can be explained by diets and topographic conditions and are not significant anyway.