Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Fri 23 May, 2014 05:25 pm
@spendius,
It was actually a war of ACID enzymes.
Romeo Fabulini

Fri 23 May, 2014 05:25 pm
@farmerman,
But aren't all the millions of sperm exactly the same? So it doesn't matter if sperms ABC miss the target because sperms DEFGHIJK etc will always be following up to make the home run..Smile
farmerman

Fri 23 May, 2014 05:36 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
no. (edit I fucked up).
Eah sperm delivers a pir of the 23 chromosomes and the genic compliment would be like 2^23 or about the population of NEW YORK pr sperm shot. (Excluding and combination variants or other mutations which would jack that up even higher)
0 Replies

Wilso

Fri 23 May, 2014 07:16 pm
a guru wrote:

if you ever seen a monkey or ape there's no denying that we are some how connected to etc... they have human features and humans have monkey features

The obviousness is sadly lost on some. Which ironically gives the argument more credence, because the intelligence of some obviously hasn't evolved beyond ape like.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 23 May, 2014 09:30 pm
Many years ago, a new mall opened up in Columbia, Maryland. Everyone eventually traveled over to see what all the hub bub was about. Everything was very slick, polished and state of the art. The Mall was always crowded but the first time I stopped to check it out, I shuffled along behind the crowd and our little group would head in to every open door for a chance to see what they offered. Eventually we wandered into a pet store, almost immediately to my left there was a small chimp looking straight into my eyes. I remember (not sure if its true) his/her eyes were blue. The chimp was just locking eyes with each person who passed his cage. I'm not sure I have the vocabulary adequate to describe the shame I felt when I locked eyes with a living creature with obvious intelligence and compatibility contained and for sale. Even recalling it now, makes me uncomfortable. I don't know why humans think that only they have value. Why would a God create all the other life forms but we are so arrogant we assume we are the only creations that a God would value. Was God just playing around? It defies reason, if we and the earth, sky, wind and water were created by the grace of God, why is it only humans who are allowed to rape God's creations? All the money in the world won't buy additional time on earth.

Quehoniaomath

Sat 24 May, 2014 01:06 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Many years ago, a new mall opened up in Columbia, Maryland. Everyone eventually traveled over to see what all the hub bub was about. Everything was very slick, polished and state of the art. The Mall was always crowded but the first time I stopped to check it out, I shuffled along behind the crowd and our little group would head in to every open door for a chance to see what they offered. Eventually we wandered into a pet store, almost immediately to my left there was a small chimp looking straight into my eyes. I remember (not sure if its true) his/her eyes were blue. The chimp was just locking eyes with each person who passed his cage. I'm not sure I have the vocabulary adequate to describe the shame I felt when I locked eyes with a living creature with obvious intelligence and compatibility contained and for sale. Even recalling it now, makes me uncomfortable. I don't know why humans think that only they have value. Why would a God create all the other life forms but we are so arrogant we assume we are the only creations that a God would value. Was God just playing around? It defies reason, if we and the earth, sky, wind and water were created by the grace of God, why is it only humans who are allowed to rape God's creations? All the money in the world won't buy additional time on earth.

Personally I think most animals are way smarter and more wiser then we people are. Take Dolphins, way way way wiser then we are as are whales.
izzythepush

Sat 24 May, 2014 03:44 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

But aren't all the millions of sperm exactly the same?

You need to judge them on something other than taste.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 24 May, 2014 04:14 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
This stuff does appear to roil you up.

Well George--it is aggressive.

My long experience in pubs, and other places, of social conversation led me to avoid people who continually engage in some rigmarole or other designed to remind the company of their personal excellence.

After a while it dawns that the rigmarole is merely the setting for such things as "one of my deputies". The story of the muck-shifting operation has no bearing on the topic here and it is much too much of a caricature of the whole story which is uninteresting anyway. As an example of a waste of resources it is small change in comparison to the industry engaged in the beautification of ladies and even of some men.

I was simply trying to make you a better conversationalist on behalf of your friends at the Yacht Club.

Quehoniaomath

Sat 24 May, 2014 04:16 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Well George--it is aggressive.

My long experience in pubs, and other places, of social conversation led me to avoid people who continually engage in some rigmarole or other designed to remind the company of their personal excellence.

After a while it dawns that the rigmarole is merely the setting for such things as "one of my deputies". The story of the muck-shifting operation has no bearing on the topic here and it is much too much of a caricature of the whole story which is uninteresting anyway. As an example of a waste of resources it is small change in comparison to the industry engaged in the beautification of ladies and even of some men.

I was simply trying to make you a better conversationalist on behalf of your friends at the Yacht Club.

LOL

Well, please admit, he IS funny!
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 24 May, 2014 04:32 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
It was actually a war of ACID enzymes.

From my reading and personal experience it is impossible to achieve a conception in a fully expressive human female unless certain pre-arranged conditions are operative. And artificial birth control is not one of them.

"Lie back and think of England" is not as daft as it sounds. And a lady said that to her daughter on the latter's wedding day. Germaine Greer made some cutting remarks about doughnuts and a chap called Harry Stubbs.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 24 May, 2014 04:42 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
Personally I think most animals are way smarter and more wiser then we people are. Take Dolphins, way way way wiser then we are as are whales.
They are much evolved feom their land living ancestors
Quehoniaomath

Sat 24 May, 2014 04:56 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
They are much evolved feom their land living ancestors

No, they are not. because there is no (macro evolution).

There are no species evolved from other species.nowhere.
farmerman

Sat 24 May, 2014 05:03 am
@spendius,
Spendi's take on anyone who's led a life that was not as empty and useless as his own is to level insults and try to depreciate those lives. Georgeob presence reminds us "LOKES" of those people who have gone into harms way on our behalf> Im proud to have guys here likeGEorge and all those whove spent time in our nations service.

Some dipshit like spendi'll never know the efforts and discipline it demands to fly a jet powered missile from the bobbing deck of a tiny runway on the ocean. GEorge , no matter what his politics and whether we agree on the laws of gravity or not, deserves waay more in respect than spendis alcohol induced attempts at derision.

Spendis entire discussions focus around his lifes pursuit of being the perfect supercilious asshole. Yet his every attempt at insult merely shows his jealousy of those whove accomplished things with their lives.
Sorry George I just get po'd when spendi uses this forum to "come to" each morning.

farmerman

Sat 24 May, 2014 05:05 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
No, they are not. because there is no (macro evolution).
WrIte a book about it Quahog. Just saying it over and over and over doesn't constitute intelligent speech Better yet, go on youtube as some new stand up comedian
Quehoniaomath

Sat 24 May, 2014 05:15 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
WrIte a book about it Quahog. Just saying it over and over and over doesn't constitute intelligent speech Better yet, go on youtube as some new stand up comedian

Well funny again eh?! But the thing you can do is deliver some evidence

I bet you can't.
spendius

Sat 24 May, 2014 05:56 am
@farmerman,
You've been watching Bill O'Reilly too much fm.

We are all ridiculous fm. Absurd. Dipshits. Evolution doesn't make it possible for me to be more ridiculous and absurd than anybody else. Only social conditioning can do that and it is circular. Bringing social conditioning to bear on an evolution thread is off topic. Trolling really. You are actually offering an explanation of why people deny evolution. The one that says that social conditioning is set aside by evolution and most people do not have the steely nerve for that.

Didn't George make it clear how absurd and ridiculous all those involved in shifting 2 million cubic yards into the desert. And they, I presume, are our brightest and best. And a large enough number for statistical purposes.

I try to cure people who are in denial of their chthonic ridiculousness and absurdity. I think it is good for them. It sure is for their fellow creatures.

I can do the Book of Etiquette stuff but this is not a thread where it makes any sense.

Our Green Party leader was electioneering on telly the other day explaining why fracking is a pestilence. Not only not in "the nation's service" (go address some imprisoned schoolkids) but contrary to them. She was quoting scientists. And Estate Agents. And indignant home owners were interviewed in settings which betrayed a larger than average carbon footprint. Compared to the people of Chad the footprints were off the scale. She was absurd too. And she won some seats in the election.

I wish George would provide a few reasons why some people deny evolution. I'm fed up of being on my own with it. He knows that people do deny evolution, and some of them personally, so an intelligent bloke like he is should be able to provide possible explanations for this idiotic condition.

It had better be an idiotic condition because if it isn't your whole house of cards crashes down in confusion.

farmerman

Sat 24 May, 2014 07:43 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Evidence abounds , youre just too stupid to understand. Ive given you tons . Now tell me your evidence that macroevolution does NOT occur when fossils , genes, biogeography, nd embryology all prove otherwise.
Are you 13 ? you are easily taken in by religious puppetmasters who have you brainwashed.
Quehoniaomath

Sat 24 May, 2014 08:12 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Evidence abounds , youre just too stupid to understand. Ive given you tons . Now tell me your evidence that macroevolution does NOT occur when fossils , genes, biogeography, nd embryology all prove otherwise.
Are you 13 ? you are easily taken in by religious puppetmasters who have you brainwashed.

LOL
You are trying to be funny again, right?
First , you don't read my postings at all, I am not religious as I have written numerous times. Still you inist I do. Isn't that idiotic enough, yes it is.
Evidence abound???????????????????????????????????????????????
Do you mean all those extremely stupid hoaxes like Piltman, stupid peppered moths and what have you?

Why don't you see there is NO EVIDENCE?

You see most 'evidence' fundamentel evolutionsist like you see is because of their deeply religious upbringing and it is called 'wishfull thinking'.
So, people like you, see 'evidence' because they want to see 'evidence'.
even if there is none. It is really 'a trick of the mind'. Wink

Just confess it is your religion, then you'll be helaed! Wink

Frank Apisa

Sat 24 May, 2014 08:14 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

LOL
You are trying to be funny again, right?
First , you don't read my postings at all, I am not religious as i have written umerous times. Still you inist I do. Isn't that idiotic enough, yes it is.
Evidence abound???????????????????????????????????????????????
Do you mean all those extremely stupid hoaxes like Piltman, stupid ppered moths and what have you?

Why don't you see there is NO EVIDENCE?

I realy don't get that, please explain how you can see there is evidence where there is none. Sound exttremely deeply religious to me. Wink

Don't let Farmerman get the best of you, Que.

The only things he has going for him are above average intelligence...and the facts.
Quehoniaomath

Sat 24 May, 2014 08:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Don't let Farmerman get the best of you, Que.

lol, he won't, neither will you Wink

Quote:
The only things he has going for him are above average intelligence

I sincerely doubt that, how do you know? Wink

Quote:
...and the facts.

which ones???? I ask all the time, but alas.....