Why do people deny evolution?

spendius

Tue 20 May, 2014 01:08 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
but it still pisses me off when people stupidly label evolution as a religion.

It is not evolution that some people say is a religion. It is how evolution is talked about or thought of. Just as the sun or the moon are not religions but an attitude towards them can be.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Tue 20 May, 2014 01:11 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So then you should be able to answer my question. Do you believe no one has ever won the lottery?

You still failed to be clear what is the reason for this question.
If I think where it is for, you really don't know math at all.

why are you so afraid that evolution is a hoax from the beginning?
Quehoniaomath

Tue 20 May, 2014 01:15 pm
Quote:
but it still pisses me off when people stupidly label evolution as a religion.

Well, it is a religion, disguised as 'science'. but it has nothing to do with 'science'at all and to do anything with religion. It is closed and there is a small priesthood, like the liar Dawkins, and there are more.
They even have Big Big Textbooks, all lies, just like a bible!
See, I am not religious at all! I despise the bilble, it is more of a horror book.

sp, be pissed off, I don't care, but it really is a religion. whole of science is, really.
0 Replies

parados

Tue 20 May, 2014 01:32 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
If you think where it is for? Then let's discuss the actual math instead of a proxy. Is it more likely for one out of a billion organisms to become another species than it is for a single organism to become another species?
Quehoniaomath

Tue 20 May, 2014 01:36 pm
@parados,
Quote:
If you think where it is for? Then let's discuss the actual math instead of a proxy. Is it more likely for one out of a billion organisms to become another species than it is for a single organism to become another species?

You are really only showing me that you even haven't looked at the math yet.
Start doing s, and take your time, it is a process.
You really have been brainwashed by the evolutioncult.
parados

Tue 20 May, 2014 01:39 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
So answer the simple question then. Has anyone ever won the lottery?
Quehoniaomath

Tue 20 May, 2014 01:42 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So answer the simple question then. Has anyone ever won the lottery?

Why should I? I don't see the relevance.

Just start reseraching math, statistics and evolution.
You haven't done that yet.
Take your time, it is a process.
You will be surpised, I guarantee that.

do you keep stalking me? Wink
parados

Tue 20 May, 2014 02:02 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
I am talking statistics here. Has anyone ever won the lottery?
spendius

Tue 20 May, 2014 02:06 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
I assume, Q, that the matter at hand is the statistically remote chance of life starting up and changing its forms in order to colonise every niche where a living can be made under the general preservation of energy law.

A sheep farmer, for example. Or a scientist. Or a bed bug in their snuggling burrow.

The trouble is that the odds need to be anthropomorphic. They can't be a figure which the average human mind can't comprehend and the actual odds are much greater than an itsy-bitsy number like that even if it is large enough to make 175million to 1 look like small change.

Imagine the number of locations in the universe where life had begun if there are as many as there would be lottery winners if the silly game had been played for 13.798±0.037 billion years.

Quehoniaomath

Tue 20 May, 2014 02:07 pm
@parados,
Quote:

No, you are not, because you seem not to be able to be clear on the relation between your question and the evolutionreligion.

Just start resarching soem math and stats, you'll be surprised.

But I know for sure you won't, because you are very close minded and try to insist that the mat/stats is wrong, but you even haven't taken a close look at that.

But you won't. I know that for sure.
Quehoniaomath

Tue 20 May, 2014 02:10 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I assume, Q, that the matter at hand is the statistically remote chance of life starting up and changing its forms in order to colonise every niche where a living can be made under the general preservation of energy law.

it is much more then that, It is all flawed.
Some peopla are too blind to se.

I am not into religion, I am not into creationism or ID.
People want to believe that so that they can dismiss this information.
I 'believed' in the evolutionhoax for years, very simply because I grew up with that nonsense. evolution is made 'fact, only by repetition,. repetition and repetition. nothing, nothing more.
The math is against it, there is no evidence and so on and so forth.

It is going down.
Frank Apisa

Tue 20 May, 2014 02:35 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

No, you are not, because you seem not to be able to be clear on the relation between your question and the evolutionreligion.

Just start resarching soem math and stats, you'll be surprised.

But I know for sure you won't, because you are very close minded and try to insist that the mat/stats is wrong, but you even haven't taken a close look at that.

But you won't. I know that for sure.

Why not just answer his question...and let the implications of the answer sink in, Q?
glitterbag

Tue 20 May, 2014 02:53 pm
Sonofagun, I think I will be placing Q on ignore, but this will be the first time I ever did this simply because I fall asleep trying to read his 'stuff'.

Dull as mud!!
parados

Tue 20 May, 2014 02:58 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
The problem you don't seem to understand is I have read your sources and I do understand math and stats. You are the one that is confused.

The simple fact of the matter is that your sources use statistics to prove that a single organism couldn't evolve into another species. That is similar to arguing that no one has won the lottery because the odds of a single person winning are nearly impossible.

So let me ask you again. Do you believe that no one has ever won the lottery?

Using the same math as your sources I can prove that no one has won the lottery because the odds of one person winning are just too big. And yet in the real world, we all know that people win the lottery all the time. Your sources are using sleight of hand in their odds making. They ignore the sheer number of organisms in the biosphere and use the odds of a single organism's offspring becoming another species as proof that none of the rest of them can.
spendius

Tue 20 May, 2014 03:30 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
It is going down.

It won't go down due to any maths Q. It will go down for a mundane reason. It is that it won't work as a human utility.

I'm into religion. Any of those in which there are orgiastic priestesses running the show. I do realise though that I might be flattering myself that I would be chosen to be a senior adept with responsibilities to assist in the ceremonies rather that being outside howling at the moon. And I'll also admit that none of those religions were of any use in the long run. I would be an adept in the period before the balloon went up. (A bit like bankers were in 2007).

I have heard that some of those types of religion are making a comeback in refined intellectual circles. I assume the Burning Man cult is one of them.
farmerman

Tue 20 May, 2014 03:36 pm
@spendius,
maybe you two can meet in Manchester an bore each other to death by posting your patented idiots delight questions and Quahog refusing to accede to anything . Sounds like a mahvelous afternoon
spendius

Tue 20 May, 2014 04:51 pm
@farmerman,
Sounds like you're a bit scared of orgiastic priestess religions fm. Which is, of course, the correct Christian position and you should be applauded for worming your way into it.
spendius

Tue 20 May, 2014 05:00 pm
@parados,
para dear--work out what 175 million to 1 on a weekly basis is for 13.798±0.037 billion times 52 weeks.

0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 20 May, 2014 07:54 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
orgiastic priestess religions
perhaps I would if I knew of what you were talking.
Wilso

Tue 20 May, 2014 08:32 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
orgiastic priestess religions
perhaps I would if I knew of what you were talking.

You can guarantee it's a sexual reference of some sort.