Why do people deny evolution?

spendius

Tue 20 May, 2014 06:52 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Says the duck who envisions itself an eagle. Ignorance is nothing to be proud of especially so much defiant ignorance.

But you are selective with such accusations fm. gb implied that because Falwell was a honey-tongued opportunist, or anything else, the conclusion that the denial of evolution is wrong follows. That is ignorance.

And details of her schooling and married life are nothing to do with the topic as well.

Assuming that anyone who tries to explain why people deny evolution is himself denying evolution is defiant ignorance. One might call it willful and determined ignorance perpetrated by people prostituting themselves for money.

A psychologist attempting to explain a mental condition is not in the least concerned with approving the condition. Why you can't "get" that needs to be explained.

You have no science. Just disconnected and narrowly-based jargon which gets you off. A person with science is always with science. And that is a mental condition you definitely don't approve of. And, I must admit, neither do most people. That's one large majority you are a member of.

All your posts are grounded in farmerman and have nothing to do with science. You're like a kid practicing with a mitt fantasising about being a pro baseball player.
farmerman

Tue 20 May, 2014 08:18 am
@spendius,
you've been listening to your rice Krispies again spendi?
When youre hung over don't try abstract thinking, it comes out a mélange of run-on.
izzythepush

Tue 20 May, 2014 08:27 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
if it sounds like a duck.. Wink

It's Johnny Fartpants.
http://tonyvalderama.com/acatalog/johnny.jpg
0 Replies

parados

Tue 20 May, 2014 08:53 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Not all those that quack are ducks. Sometimes as in your case, the one quacking is a quack themselves.

So, we have seen your claim that you have studied this is complete hogwash since you can't answer the simplest questions about what is in the sources you present.

Now, let me ask you Q, do you think no one has ever won the lottery?
spendius

Tue 20 May, 2014 09:05 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
you've been listening to your rice Krispies again spendi?
When youre hung over don't try abstract thinking, it comes out a mélange of run-on.

That sort of childish petulance purporting to be a response to my post is the sort of thing that will lead any intelligent person to conclude that there is indeed a hoax being perped.

If any of your brain-addled fans think you said anything regarding the topic they have obviously been hoaxed clean out of their wits.

It would never enter my head to think that a monkey's jabbering meant nothing but your jabbering definitely means **** all and has the added bonus of making you look like a fool into the bargain along with the not so teeming multitude your wanking represents.
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 20 May, 2014 09:10 am
@parados,
Quote:
you can't answer the simplest questions

But you didn't answer the simple question I asked you about the error that you claimed was of the order of a factor of 500.

I looked the guy up on Wiki and he didn't seem the sort of chap who made errors of that magnitude.

So, again, now that you are pontificating about answering questions, what was the error?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Tue 20 May, 2014 09:15 am
@parados,
Quote:
Not all those that quack are ducks. Sometimes as in your case, the one quacking is a quack themselves.

So, we have seen your claim that you have studied this is complete hogwash since you can't answer the simplest questions about what is in the sources you present.

Now, let me ask you Q, do you think no one has ever won the lottery?

Strange reaction indeed.
The more I read here, the more I see here, people aren't able to think logically, or think for themselves. It is a rare thing. Most people here don't think at all.

But, let's face it, you can't think if one is deeply indoctrinated by a very destructive schoolssystem. now can you?
parados

Tue 20 May, 2014 09:28 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Are you incapable of answering my question? Do you think no one has ever won the lottery?
Quehoniaomath

Tue 20 May, 2014 09:33 am
@parados,
Quote:
Are you incapable of answering my question? Do you think no one has ever won the lottery?

Maybe I do, maybe I don't , does it matter?
parados

Tue 20 May, 2014 11:14 am
@Quehoniaomath,
It matters if you believe the math put out there by the sources you keep claiming use the math you think is correct.

Do you believe anyone has ever won the lottery?
Quehoniaomath

Tue 20 May, 2014 11:24 am
@parados,
Quote:
It matters if you believe the math put out there by the sources you keep claiming use the math you think is correct.

Please explain in a better and more inteligent and detailed way, why you want me to answer that question.
You are really not very clear on that.

And, let me guess, do you believe in the evolution hoax? Wink
glitterbag

Tue 20 May, 2014 11:45 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:
Reading comments from the anti-science cabal, I think that the reasons they are denying facts are: they are extremely stupid, but also extremely frightened that God will punish them for denying the historical accuracy of the Old Testament.

Funny again!
And you don't read my postings!
I am not religious at all!!!

again, again, and again

I reject (macro)evolution, because there is NO evidence AND because it is a hoax from the start, read what I wrote about the Lunar Society!

Yo'r projecting, you'r the one that is afraid, because the evolutionshit is going down, just like the rest of that religion called science.

so be it.

Amen Wink

Maybe you missed my point, 1. I never read anything you write because you tend to be incoherent, and 2. I don't care even a wit what other folks think and 3. I've never felt the need to embrace others opinions in order to avoid criticism.

That's just me, maybe you care? I don't.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 20 May, 2014 11:50 am
@parados,
I believe that Quahog has never been accused of anything even approaching "intelligence". He appears to be missing any short term memory skills.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 20 May, 2014 12:04 pm
Apparently Q is just here to taunt, rather than share information.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 20 May, 2014 12:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Thank you, you put a finer point on it than I did. However, I think that even though Henry VIII, continued to use all of the traditions, rosaries for instance, the citizens had to renounce the Holy See and those who refused were considered heretics. I think this had more to do with the reform minded advisors than King Henry. However the Monestaries and convents were looted and nuns and monks were killed.

However, I'm not that arrogant that I would argue with an Englishman on England's history. The point I was trying to make (but got lazy because I was tired) was that there have been many atrocities committed by people who they have a hammerlock on what God wants. I'm the last person on earth who would try to say the Vatican during that time was anything more than a corrupt entity. It's a long discussion to outline the evil things people did convinced they were keeping faithful. The Anti-Baptists (sp) were persecuted by the Catholics and the Lutherans. I don't think there is a Church standing that doesn't have something shameful hidden in the dark recesses.

This really doesn't make ant sense at all, but I still think of myself Catholic even though I haven't been practicing since I was 18. I did go to a lovely service in Virginia many years ago, it was a wedding in an Anglican Church. That has nothing to do with anything, but it still pisses me off when people stupidly label evolution as a religion. It makes them look like morons.

parados

Tue 20 May, 2014 12:19 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Is the question a difficult one?

The odds of a single ticket winning are 1 in 175 million. Does that mean no one has ever won the lottery?
0 Replies

parados

Tue 20 May, 2014 12:22 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

And, let me guess, do you believe in the evolution hoax? Wink

I believe the math you claim proves evolution can't occur is wrong. I am merely trying to ascertain if you really believe the math is correct. The only way to do this is to use the math in a common every day setting and see if you still accept the math or not.

That leads me to the question you have refused to answer. Do you believe no one has ever won the lottery?
glitterbag

Tue 20 May, 2014 12:31 pm
@parados,
You made me chuckle!
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Tue 20 May, 2014 01:04 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I believe the math you claim proves evolution can't occur is wrong. I am merely trying to ascertain if you really believe the math is correct. The only way to do this is to use the math in a common every day setting and see if you still accept the math or not.

That leads me to the question you have refused to answer. Do you believe no one has ever won the lottery?

Is seems you do not know about math at all, or statistics for that matter.

Not only that book, but a whole lot of other books show clearly that
according to statistisc evolution can't exist.

Didn't you read my postings about the convention and what have you?

You are trying to get out of this hole, but you can't.

You desperately want to cling to the idea that the relgion of evolution is true.

It is not. it really is a hoax.

we are talking here about the first domino effect.
parados

Tue 20 May, 2014 01:06 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

Is seems you do not know about math at all, or statitocs for that matter.

Not only that book, but a whole lot of other books show clearly that
according to statistisc evolution can't exist.

So then you should be able to answer my question. Do you believe no one has ever won the lottery?