Why do people deny evolution?

spendius

Sat 17 May, 2014 04:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Please don't address me any further, I find you unclean and a sick puppy.

I don't make up rubbish about you gb.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 17 May, 2014 05:07 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Spendius has followed me on other threads,

I follow a few people on Trivia threads. It is the nature of word games that one follows the last poster. At a guess I would say I follow gb much less than I do other word game players because she doesn't post there as often.

It is of no consequence to me who I follow on word games. They post to be followed or to stop the particular game.

When I use a certain word I might use it as emphasis as fm and Wilso do, or, on a thread like this, to remind critical thinkers that evolution does not proceed by organisms sleeping with each other.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 17 May, 2014 05:18 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I need to get off this crazy train for awhile,

In the old days ladies would withdraw from the dining room when the brandy and cigars were going round precisely in order that such frustrations were avoided.
0 Replies

parados

Sat 17 May, 2014 05:19 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
with regards to Spetner, what are you aiming at?
Just start calculating and the whole house of cards of evolution falls down.
that's all

Actually it doesn't if you just start calculating. You have to make some assumptions first before you can do any calculations and if you make bad assumptions then the math doesn't work.

That is what I stated earlier but you have refused to discuss the actual math Spetner is using. So. let me ask you again, what happens to a calculation if you are off by a factor of 500? Is it still a valid calculation or not?
spendius

Sat 17 May, 2014 05:23 pm
@parados,
What is the calculation that is off by a factor of 500?
parados

Sat 17 May, 2014 05:29 pm
@spendius,
I'm sure Q would tell you to read the book. Wink
Brandon9000

Sat 17 May, 2014 06:19 pm
@glitterbag,
Any time.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 17 May, 2014 07:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I suppose it's 'cause there's not a lot to do Mid-Atlantic.
Plenty to do at a stock farm. I just cut a 20 acre field of orchard grass. and sprayed it with a butyric drying agent.(Its like a butter alcohol drying agent that's perfectly natural nd is used where we need to have hay dry when its gonna be cool weather.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Sat 17 May, 2014 10:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

A better question would be,
Quote:
Why is a smart bloke like FM wasting his time arguing with a thick **** like you?

I suppose it's 'cause there's not a lot to do Mid-Atlantic.

Is seems you are not able to answer my question too.

interesting.

But I try it one more time, why do you believe so much in the evolutionhoax?
Wilso

Sun 18 May, 2014 12:36 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Why do you believe so much in the god/creationism myth?
0 Replies

Wilso

Sun 18 May, 2014 12:58 am
Actually, I don't even need to ask the question. There's generally 4 groups of believers. Those who derive power from belief, such as church hierarchies. Those who indoctrination was too deep, and their minds are too weak to escape. Those who need an afterlife to assuage the fear of death. Then there's the type of mouth foaming freaks that tend to turn up on these threads. Their belief in an afterlife is derived from their own massive narcissism. Arrogant fuckwits who just can't imagine a world without themselves in it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 18 May, 2014 12:58 am
@Quehoniaomath,
I'm not going to waste my time arguing with thick cunts. It's pointless, they're too stupid to understand when they lose the argument. You lost it a long time ago.
Wilso

Sun 18 May, 2014 12:59 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with thick cunts. It's pointless, they're too stupid to understand when they lose the argument. You lost it a long time ago.

There's no one more difficult to deal with than a confident and uneducated moron.
Quehoniaomath

Sun 18 May, 2014 01:43 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
There's no one more difficult to deal with than a confident and uneducated moron.

lol, THAT is a definition of a 'scientist'

Like it, thank you!
Wilso

Sun 18 May, 2014 02:02 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

lol, THAT is a definition of a 'scientist'

Like it, thank you!

So I take it, if you're ever diagnosed with cancer, you'll try to pray it away. Or will you go to a doctor like a pathetic, snivelling hypocrite?
Setanta

Sun 18 May, 2014 02:23 am
Quahog claims not to be religious. It is immaterial to me whether or not s/he is, because it is glaringly obvious that Quahog is profoundly ignorant of science, especially physics. From Q's anti-education rants, and anti-science rants, i get the picture of an immature individual who failed at university (maybe even failed in high school science) and is therefore ranting against formal education and the subjects in which s/he failed--i.e., the sciences.
spendius

Sun 18 May, 2014 03:41 am
@parados,
Quote:
I'm sure Q would tell you to read the book.

I asked you para.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 18 May, 2014 04:05 am
@Setanta,
He is of the "new" breed of IDers who insist that they be viewed s a real "science discipline" Yet they are unble to go beyond a default belief that someone kick started life and has been directing its development.

His arguments have been pretty much of the "Nyah Nyah" style. I do find it fascinating how someone can deny a whole mess of science evidence without evincing his own pwrsonal explanation of the way things are.
I was initially convinced that he was a biologist or geologist who was just having fun by denying everything. However, most of those guys are pretty capable at focusing an argument. Quahog is , so far, been pretty adolescent in his own arguments
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 18 May, 2014 04:29 am
Setanta and Wilso seem intent on letting us all know how fiendishly intelligent they are with repeat versions of well rehearsed and highly original presentations.

I have offered at least half a dozen reasons why people deny evolution but neither of these gentlemen have thought fit to respond to any of them.

One thing is sure though. It is that the personal characteristics of carefully chosen individuals is not an intelligent argument against the denial of evolution. Even if they are invented by persons in the throes of creative stress.

The huge discrepancy between the amount of reproductive material provided by men and women and the efficiency of mechanical methods of work and war cannot logically lead anywhere other than to stud farm reproductive procedures for humans.

In horseracing every runner has a mother but a large number have the same father. It bodes ill for men now that sex selection is possible.

How many rams does fm use to produce his lambs? What is his method of inducing conception in his sheep?
spendius

Sun 18 May, 2014 04:42 am
@spendius,
I assume that Setanta and Wilso, and others, consider that under the scientific exigencies I mentioned above their own reproductive material will be in huge demand.