Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Sun 18 May, 2014 04:52 am
@spendius,
Seems that Shaw was propositioned by a beautiful actress at a party. She said"We should have a child together, for it would be blessed with my beauty and yourbrains"

"Ah" said George Bernard Shaw, "But what if it were blessed with My beauty and your brains?"

The above example of the randomizing power of sex has always played the key role in population dynamics and nothing we can do to establish a preferred "culture mix" can obviate its effect
hobbet360

Sun 18 May, 2014 04:55 am
Because they are afraid of what they will become?
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 18 May, 2014 05:18 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
The above example of the randomizing power of sex has always played the key role in population dynamics and nothing we can do to establish a preferred "culture mix" can obviate its effect

We are already doing it fm. You're not up to date. Ladies of advanced opinions see no alternative. The historical pseudomorphosis of the infrastructure is a hindrance as yet to a rigorous segregation of the sexes.

There are things we can do and you ought not to mislead your claque by pretending, hoping more like, that there isn't. It is merely a temporary logistical problem due to resistance from superstitious goat-herder types who go a bit wobbly looking at the strict severities of technological applications of advanced science.

I'm reading Michael Holroyd's very witty biography of Shaw. 2 volumes which I have read before. I consider it a must read for everyone who wishes to understand more of the application of science to human behaviour and to be brought up to speed on the absurdity of the human condition in civilised societies.

If Wilso and Setanta were capable of reading it, which is unlikely, I doubt they would have the nerve.
spendius

Sun 18 May, 2014 05:28 am
@spendius,
Just take a look at Fox News where ladies with thighs aflash are regularly to be seen discussing genocide and other similarly light-hearted matters.

And that's a conservative outfit.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Sun 18 May, 2014 05:29 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
So I take it, if you're ever diagnosed with cancer, you'll try to pray it away. Or will you go to a doctor like a pathetic, snivelling hypocrite?

well, well, well, you see only one alternative? I see much more.
And indeed, the last place I will go is to a 'modern hospital'
They make me sick to my stomach.

Never have done any research now, have you?
Quehoniaomath

Sun 18 May, 2014 05:32 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Quahog claims not to be religious. It is immaterial to me whether or not s/he is, because it is glaringly obvious that Quahog is profoundly ignorant of science, especially physics. From Q's anti-education rants, and anti-science rants, i get the picture of an immature individual who failed at university (maybe even failed in high school science) and is therefore ranting against formal education and the subjects in which s/he failed--i.e., the sciences.

Yes, that is way at looking at this so you don't see the obvious?
tell me please, what is so good about 'science'

i was a fan of that bullshit years ago until I found out is has no real foundation whatsoever,

The funny thing is, people here 'discuss' a lot, apart from some who enjoy AH's throwing around, that are the childen btw. But always about something else then 'evidence'.

People rather love to say stupid things than to look at the evidence itself.

then it becomes real easy, there is NO evidence .

so, exit evolution!

it's time to go.
spendius

Sun 18 May, 2014 05:47 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
And indeed, the last place I will go is to a 'modern hospital'
They make me sick to my stomach.

They are pretty ghastly from what I have seen of them. But I'll admit that tough choices are inevitable.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 18 May, 2014 06:10 am
@Quehoniaomath,
another batch of Quahog "nyah nyah" with no substance.

In reality the evidence for evolution builds from several independent diciplines with strong evidence that coalesces on an undeniable fact.
The main evidences of evolution are the demonstrable descent of specific fossil genera, the genetics involved and the massive amounts of "trial balloons" that had gone extinct and exist only in therocks.

A major defeat of ID is that we can utilize sequences of evolutionary linneages to assist in defining where and how extensive are various deposits of fossil fuels, locations of reduzate salts, radionuclides,O16/O18, He3, and even placer deposits and building quality materials like cement rock.
So far ID or Creationism hasn't been able to be utilized for a single bit of applied engineering , and neither have they been able to provide any counter evidenceto explain the haphazard opportunistic nature of life "Ascending" all the while at the mercy of geologic forces and extraterrestrial interventions that unknowingly have threatened alllife through history.
We can pretty much give good evidence of why living things responded as they did (why the decline of C3 plants over time?) Why placentals and not multituberculates? as the most successful? , why all the "design defects" in primate linneages as they attempt to walk upright?

were an Intelligent force at work, it would be an intelligence of supreme incompetence who never looked out the window to see the prevailing climate and who, as a lazy intelligence, "played dice" gambling on ultimately successful genera by "designing" so many multiples of their inclusive species most ppf which just go extinct. And why do the genomes of all life have a majority of "make dos" by tracing one structure as it turned 180 into something else as the environment and the organism changed.

Quahog has(up till now) had no decent arguments from his puppeteers except to shout insult and voice his patented style of" nyah nyah" debate. In fact , hes been guilty of posting at least two pieces of "ID evidence" that he had not apparently read too well before posting. In that hes like gunga who often just snaps up some Creationist crap clip and tries to shove it down others throats

farmerman

Sun 18 May, 2014 06:11 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
i was a fan of that bullshit years ago until I found out is has no real foundation whatsoever,
so what did you flunk, physics or biology?
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 18 May, 2014 06:26 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
So far ID or Creationism hasn't been able to be utilized for a single bit of applied engineering

What about social engineering fm? You not considering that as scientific is a flouncing affectation. You seem to think that millions of suburban breeding hutches came about by magic.
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 18 May, 2014 06:34 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Quahog has(up till now) had no decent arguments from his puppeteers except to shout insult and voice his patented style of" nyah nyah" debate.

Why do you single out Q for that criticism? Are you scared of alienating the others who use it? Some to the exclusion of all else.

In fact you do it yourself often enough. What is the source of the sperm your ewes are squirted with?

What's the gender ratio of sheep in the US above one year old? And why?
farmerman

Sun 18 May, 2014 06:39 am
@spendius,
Quote:
What is the source of the sperm your ewes are squirted with?

What's the gender ratio of sheep in the US above one year old? And why?
If youre interested I can probably get you hooked up with a nice goyem ewe.
spendius

Sun 18 May, 2014 06:48 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
If youre interested I can probably get you hooked up with a nice goyem ewe.

Scared of another simple question are you?

I'll answer it. The population of entire male sheep is very much smaller than the population of females.

A farmer I knew had two prize bulls which were milked as often as maybe and the sperm was divided into "straws" which were shipped by the thousand to Argentina every week.

Your answer there is an example of what you just accused Q of.
spendius

Sun 18 May, 2014 06:51 am
@spendius,
Any objective person reading here might easily deny evolution for no other reason than not doing deprives people of their wits and their nerve.
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 18 May, 2014 06:56 am
@farmerman,
I think fm that you and your whole claque of diddies should depart from the debate and leave the defence of evolution to those who know how to conduct it.
Ragman

Sun 18 May, 2014 07:02 am
@farmerman,
ahahah!
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Sun 18 May, 2014 07:42 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
In reality the evidence for evolution builds from several independent diciplines with strong evidence that coalesces on an undeniable fact.
The main evidences of evolution are the demonstrable descent of specific fossil genera, the genetics involved and the massive amounts of "trial balloons" that had gone extinct and exist only in therocks.

show me! Pleasseeeeeeeeeee!

Wink
farmerman

Sun 18 May, 2014 08:10 am
@Quehoniaomath,
wanna start at the "fishopods"? maybe Angiosperm plants?
farmerman

Sun 18 May, 2014 08:14 am
@spendius,
Quote:
leave the defence of evolution to those who know how to conduct it.
and would that include you?

You are Marking your own papers again spendi.
Quehoniaomath

Sun 18 May, 2014 08:33 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
wanna start at the "fishopods"? maybe Angiosperm plants?

you may, but nothing to gain.
0 Replies