Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 09:33 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
It's insulting to atheists to call atheism a religion or to call those who believe in evolution as worshiping science as an actual religion.

Its called "preemptive labeling". Since all the tests of Creationism or ID have resulted in it failing the "establishment clause" of the First Amendment of The US Constitution, the Creationist and ID organizations have taken to preemptively using these terms of "Its a religion" or " there's no evidence" or "real science doesn't ...blah blah blh..."
Its a well studied, funded, and strategized means of keeping people distracted and having to fight the battle on their terms (which, by design ALWAYS fails to discuss ANYTHING about the existence of any evidence about Creationism or ID). There are several hundreds of shills from these organizations that prowl the internet and engage in meaningless prattle like Quahog is doing. I don't know if you recall Medved, or several other folks who showed up, spent several weeks saying the same things and making the same accusations over science, WHILE NEVER EVER, getting to the meat of theor worldviews and any evidence to support it. The Discovery Institute has promised us research results with INDISPUTABLE PROOF, that an Intelligent designer is behind it all. So far, none of this has ever transpired. We only get these badly orchestrated accusation fests from members of a group or several self-appointed shills.
Quahog fits the MO quite well in that he
1Started off with some toxic accusations and Constantly harangues about "no evidence for almost any science and evolution included'.

2 He avoids ANY discussions of his side (other than posting clips). Anybody can do that as Id shown in the last couple pages. They don't read their own stuff. If it has an imprimatur from their society, that's good enough for them to use the ammo. EVEN THOUGH, like Quahog did on his own, they often screw up their logic by posting "Quote mined" statements that , when fully developed, actually show the opposite of the points they wish to present.

3Theres never anything new from them, theyre too busy trying to catch up with the new stuff they have to address in the real world of science.

Oh well. Its all good (and no one gets hurt).
farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 09:35 pm
@glitterbag,
Romeo is not toxic in his posts. Hes just having fun like spendi. Except, unlike spendi, I think Romeo really believes his schtick.

Wilso

Fri 16 May, 2014 10:04 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Romeo is not toxic in his posts.

There were a couple of extremely toxic ones I saw before I blocked. Even Neologist described him as a moral train wreck.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Sat 17 May, 2014 12:04 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
This is a perfect example of how stupid you people are being. In science, theories are based in fact. The guessing comes before that. Look up hypothesis in the dictionary, fools.

That's just the theory, not how it works in reality at all!

Take a gooooooooooooooooooooood look at the movie:

Expelled, no intelligence allowed"

I know, you are not going to do that!

And what's with the AH's? Making you feel superior or what? Wink
Quehoniaomath

Sat 17 May, 2014 12:06 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
says the most toxic poster since Medved.

That is your humble OPINION. nothing , nothing, nothing, more.
But I am moved very deeply, because if I was seen in a positive light by you I would be scared to death!

Ohhh the funny thing is, people into 'science' don't understand 'science' at all!

Funny indeed.
Wilso

Sat 17 May, 2014 01:26 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Maybe you could stop believing in gravitational theory, then walk off a ******* cliff.
Quehoniaomath

Sat 17 May, 2014 01:49 am
@Wilso,
I thought this thread was about evolution nonsense, so, you just proved you can't read. Wink

what else is new?
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 17 May, 2014 04:10 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
WHILE NEVER EVER, getting to the meat of thier worldviews and any evidence to support it.

I can't fm. For the same resason the defence at Dover couldn't. It's real meat and unsuitable for a general audience which has wussies like you and Wilso as spokespersons.

You don't seriously think Eliot Spitzer paid out the amount of dough he did and took the risks for what Wilso brags about. And Spitzer was only one client of the Emperors Club.

You're a fine one to talk about "preemptive labeling".

You are seemingly incapable of realising that the more evidence there is for evolution the more dangerous it is to our way of life. Which is preemptive stupidity and shows a studied innocence of sexual dynamics which is startling in a man of your maturity. No wonder you need artificial birth control procedures.

0 Replies

spendius

Sat 17 May, 2014 04:15 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
You can't make this **** up.

I agree ed. Refusing to answer 3 simple questions in a debate is a bit astounding. Especially by a peer-review fanatic.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 17 May, 2014 04:42 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
Maybe you could stop believing in gravitational theory, then walk off a ******* cliff.

Gravitation has nothing to do with sexual activity except in certain highly refined circumstances which are a closed book to you Wilso.

Evolution is about nothing else but sexual behaviour. Which is a matter you would **** your pants full over if ever you bottled up to look into it.

If that was not the case these debates would not be happening.
farmerman

Sat 17 May, 2014 04:47 am
@Quehoniaomath,
"Expelled' has been discussed and laughed at in earlier threads/ Mostly cause its primarily a lie. It takes liberties with truth right out of the news. Ben Stein has produced a pile of false claims and data. Why do you think hes shut himself up ever since he produced that loser? Has anyone really seen much of Ben Stein lately??
His biggest claim that
"Most scientists question the validity of evolution" is such bullshit that
you really have to be pretty stupid to buy it. Controversy exists but its about METHODS and DATA .

I was teaching a grad course in Economic Geology when Expelled was in the theater. I took my class and we discussed it and two students did a formal critique and submitted it to the NCSE which then developed a web page on the very mistakes and fraudulent information that Stein was trying to use to pull the wool over high school science students (and adults ignorant of science).

A science discipline DOES NOT have to rely upon lying as a basic core of its existence. Whenever science shows up some fraud, it is relatively shortly worked out and dealt with (Like the phony Liao Ning "bird fossils" that were as put together by a collector who wanted to make a money score. The fossil was recognized as a fake in a short time and was actually put on display at the Museum of NAt History as a "famous fake"

Yet the Creationists and IDers are TILL insisting that there is fossil evidence footprints of humans walking with dinosaurs, or that science still accepts Haeckelian embryological conclusions, or that "Neo Darwinism" is accepted.
Science studies and spits stuff out as better explanations occur, IDers dont.

PS I wonder when we are going to b shown all this data that ID is a scientific "theory" worthy of consideration.

spendius

Sat 17 May, 2014 05:41 am
@farmerman,
Don't you just love Creationists and IDers old chap?

Take on the libertines and get with the real mission. You're pussy-footing around with the bourgeois delicacies.

You're lying all the time by your refusal to face up to the libertines. Every adaptive or non-adaptive change, or mutation, derives from a sexual event.

Do humans have a rutting season? Your Christian decency is in the way of your science.
farmerman

Sat 17 May, 2014 07:59 am
@spendius,
Maybe I can join you in the pub some year and we can get happily sotted together and talk about such gibberish using your run-on ADD glossolalian speech patterns. Just not today. Why not go outside an enjoy the gardens nd the sunlight. The weather in the UK is supposd to be nice this weekend. Why must you keep yourself cooped up like a fungus?
Quehoniaomath

Sat 17 May, 2014 08:15 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Maybe I can join you in the pub some year and we can get happily sotted together and talk about such gibberish using your run-on ADD glossolalian speech patterns. Just not today. Why not go outside an enjoy the gardens nd the sunlight. The weather in the UK is supposd to be nice this weekend. Why must you keep yourself cooped up like a fungus?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddd............................................. YES!
another AH from farmerman.

Is it his hang up? Wink

offcourse it is.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Sat 17 May, 2014 08:16 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
"Expelled' has been discussed and laughed at in earlier threads/ Mostly cause its primarily a lie. It takes liberties with truth right out of the news. Ben Stein has produced a pile of false claims and data. Why do you think hes shut himself up ever since he produced that loser? Has anyone really seen much of Ben Stein lately??
His biggest claim that
"Most scientists question the validity of evolution" is such bullshit that
you really have to be pretty stupid to buy it. Controversy exists but its about METHODS and DATA .

I was teaching a grad course in Economic Geology when Expelled was in the theater. I took my class and we discussed it and two students did a formal critique and submitted it to the NCSE which then developed a web page on the very mistakes and fraudulent information that Stein was trying to use to pull the wool over high school science students (and adults ignorant of science).

A science discipline DOES NOT have to rely upon lying as a basic core of its existence. Whenever science shows up some fraud, it is relatively shortly worked out and dealt with (Like the phony Liao Ning "bird fossils" that were as put together by a collector who wanted to make a money score. The fossil was recognized as a fake in a short time and was actually put on display at the Museum of NAt History as a "famous fake"

Yet the Creationists and IDers are TILL insisting that there is fossil evidence footprints of humans walking with dinosaurs, or that science still accepts Haeckelian embryological conclusions, or that "Neo Darwinism" is accepted.
Science studies and spits stuff out as better explanations occur, IDers dont.

PS I wonder when we are going to b shown all this data that ID is a scientific "theory" worthy of consideration.

Ok, so you haven't seen it yourself.

Why don't you say so?

I know, I know , defending your religion, I know.
spendius

Sat 17 May, 2014 08:39 am
@spendius,
The giant leap Darwin made over Lamarck was to abolish human will from history just as Marx had done. Automatic history came into vogue amongst advanced thinkers. Obviously free will couldn't exist if will didn't exist. Not only do our vices disappear but also our virtues.

An evolutionist can afford to dispense with will in the other organisms. Whether he can justify it or not. To see them as automata and thus predictable and a fit subject for scientific study of a particular type.

But when he transfers his findings to humans he becomes enmeshed in the political process which explains why these debates take place rather than debates about gravitation. Where are we if there is no will in the political process?

Wilso's babyish attempt to link evolution and gravitation logically means that he thinks humans are automata. He believes in fate and not fortune.

The big lie of the evolutionists is keeping the mugs in the dark about such considerations. And the silly sods are indignant at the public for knowing all about the omission.

edgarblythe

Sat 17 May, 2014 08:46 am
@spendius,
You are the only person I know of to make the charge, re human free will. It is bullshit, of course.
farmerman

Sat 17 May, 2014 08:51 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

I know, I know , defending your religion, I know.
See what I mean about "preemptive labelling"?
He hasn't even read my post yet he clips it as if he did and then tries to insult me with preemptive titles.

What a maroon
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 17 May, 2014 08:54 am
@Quehoniaomath,
PS, what part of ("I took my class )as in "to the movie" didn't you understand?

I think your biggy problem is lack of comprehension skills. That may be treatable.
Quehoniaomath

Sat 17 May, 2014 09:24 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
PS, what part of ("I took my class )as in "to the movie" didn't you understand?

I think your biggy problem is lack of comprehension skills. That may be treatable.

it keeps on going.

I hope you don't treat you boyfrind this way?! Wink