Why do people deny evolution?

Romeo Fabulini

Fri 16 May, 2014 02:41 pm
Dawkins made himself a laughing stock by saying our eyes have been wired backwards!
He's been ripped apart by biologists who point out-

"For the retina to be wired the way that Professor Richard Dawkins suggested, would require the choroid to come between the photoreceptor cells and the light, for RPE cells must be kept in intimate contact with both the choroid and photoreceptor to perform their job.
Anybody who has had the misfortune of a hemorrhage in front of the retina will testify as to how well red blood cells block out the light. …
The idea that the eye is wired backward comes from a lack of knowledge of eye function and anatomy"
http://creation.com/book-review-of-dawkins-climbing-mount-improbable

The retina (below) resembles a printed circuit board carefully put together by an electronics expert, but atheists say it wired itself..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/retina1.gif
Quehoniaomath

Fri 16 May, 2014 02:43 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Dawkins is a very very disdhonest idiot! Can't think at all.
that's the only way to be promoted to professor offcourse. Wink
Romeo Fabulini

Fri 16 May, 2014 02:49 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Yeah and Dawks has been married 3 times; his poor wives must have got fed up with him talking complete shite all the time..Smile
Quehoniaomath

Fri 16 May, 2014 02:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I understand

But even 'scientifically' he is extremely dishonest and all provable.

I really think he has a psychopathic/narcissistic personality.

He is very scary indeed
spendius

Fri 16 May, 2014 03:03 pm
@farmerman,
What's your evidence a KID wrote that?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Fri 16 May, 2014 03:04 pm
A lot of scientists and atheists are highly intelligent, and it's as if Satan doesn't want them to turn their brilliant minds to unlocking the Bible's secrets, so he poisons their mind against it to put them off, he's a tricky customer..Wink

Satan in Gibson's 'The Passion'
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/satan.jpg
spendius

Fri 16 May, 2014 03:09 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
developer of human behavioral evolution theory.

Which one?
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:14 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
DAYUM ROMEO. Do you actually buy all that tripe about some "evil spirits" controlling the minds of scientists?

maybe the Christian " scientists" of the Inquisition or the Reformation , or the Baptists. Why is it that all these colleges of Fundamentalist movements cant get their science programs accredited?

I wont defend Dawkins because hes an ethologist and not an expert on anatomy (but neither are you and Quahog so if you aren't spoon fed criticism you wouldn't understand the issues at all).
Im on record here that Dawkins is a pin in the ass and has caused more trouble than hes worth. Yet , unlike Mike Behe, who is still trying to flog the dead horse of Irreducible Complexity ,Dawkins does listen to reason. Dawkins may be a douche bag but hes our douche bag.

EVOLUTION HAPPENS, that's a fact .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

A 'theory' is just a bunch of guesses and hunches, that's why they call it the Theory of Evolution' and not the Fact of Evolution..Smile

This is a perfect example of how stupid you people are being. In science, theories are based in fact. The guessing comes before that. Look up hypothesis in the dictionary, fools.
farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:16 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
He is very scary indeed
says the most toxic poster since Medved.

farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:24 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
Dawkins is a very very disdhonest(sic) idiot! Can't think at all.
that's the only way to be promoted to professor offcourse(sic)

I don't think you have any idea what it takes to cross the street, let alone be "promoted to a chair'
spendius

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:53 pm
@farmerman,
But neither Romeo or Q are suitable excuses to evade the two simple questions I asked you.

Do you pick and choose which posts to deal with like you do which facts to take into account?
spendius

Fri 16 May, 2014 05:00 pm
@farmerman,
Here's another. Do you deny that political ideologies and/or economic interests play a significant part on your side of this debate?
farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 05:04 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
But neither Romeo or Q are suitable excuses to evade the two simple questions I asked you
Didn't I tell you I had to get a haircut?

Maybe you can find someone who actually gives a **** about what you think, then you can ask that person.
farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 05:05 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Do you deny that political ideologies and/or economic interests play a significant part on your side of this debate?

SEE ABOVE.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 16 May, 2014 05:18 pm
@farmerman,
So you won't answer those 3 simple questions to add to the long list of others you have failed to answer.

As long as your fans are aware of your methods is enough for me.
edgarblythe

Fri 16 May, 2014 06:15 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

So you won't answer those 3 simple questions to add to the long list of others you have failed to answer.

As long as your fans are aware of your methods is enough for me.

You can't make this **** up.
Brandon9000

Fri 16 May, 2014 07:47 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Dawkins made himself a laughing stock by saying our eyes have been wired backwards!...

Just for laughs, state the Theory of Evolution. I'd be astounded if you can without cutting and pasting an entire definition.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 16 May, 2014 08:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
No, no you can't make this stuff up. Frankly his views on Christianity is incredibly offensive and narrow. It's insulting to atheists to call atheism a religion or to call those who believe in evolution as worshiping science as an actual religion. For some people religion is a fear vehicle, so they feel compelled to rail against anything that does not dove tail with what their current cult leader teaches.

I'm not necessarily criticizing religion, but I'm much more open to viewpoints than some. Even as a child, in a parochial school, there were times when the nuns would go overboard in their attempt to shape us into devout little angels. I'm not entirely sure about my age, but I'm thinking possibly it was 6th grade when Sister Anne Ignatius was conducting a 10 minute diversion on being polite. After a ton of normal tips on polite behaviour (still legit) she posited that if the television was on, and a television person was talking, it would be rude to speak while they were speaking. So can you imagine 35 children tilting their heads like golden retrievers trying to figure out what the hell is going on? I know they were trying their best, but come on, that's flat crazy.

I'm more comfortable with an "who really knows" path. My dads family were Irish catholic, my Moms family were Irish Protestants. I have cousins, aunts and uncles who represent every Protestant region I can think of, some are Catholics, some are Jews,, and some don't believe in any religion and I would think they would describe themselves as atheists. However, every single one will attend services in any church for our family members, be it a wedding but too often now, funerals. We know how to pay our respects, without joining that particular Church.

I don't want to be brought into a fold that is angered by atheists or people of other religions. I don't like the holier than thou attitude, and I don't think organized religions give us a guaranteed path to salvation. If there is a God, I figure he's OK with me, but when I die, if this is all there is, I won't be disappointed, just dead.
edgarblythe

Fri 16 May, 2014 09:03 pm
These guys are not typical, I think. Not everybody throws the kitchen sink at evolution without knowing what it is even. These guys are compulsives who have to have the last word, even if the word is stupid.
0 Replies