Wink
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Sat 24 Nov, 2018 01:03 am
it seems farmerman can't get his head around it all. Smile
farmerman

Sat 24 Nov, 2018 01:53 am
@OldGrumpy,
What I cannot get my head around is the fact that you do such a great job of playing a complete moron, and you do it so well that I have to believe that you really are this fucked up in the head.
0 Replies

livinglava

Sat 24 Nov, 2018 12:27 pm
This thread has evolved into a bickering battle, which in itself is an interesting subject to consider in terms of survival of the fittest. In a way, you could look at these online insult competitions as competitions/fights that would be over resources if they occurred in reality.

Since they are virtual, though, the contestants can go on endlessly one-upping each others' posts without suffering actual injury, so the question becomes what impetus there is for the people conversing to evolve into a more constructive discussion mode.

Maybe they don't actually want to evolve in that direction because they just like to practice fighting, i.e. because they feel like that helps them hone their ability to fight in situations where there are actual resources to fight over.

But if that's the case, then how do humans even have the capacity to rise above petty bickering and engage in intelligent, constructive discussion?
Setanta

Sat 24 Nov, 2018 01:42 pm
@livinglava,
Intelligent, constructive discussion is something I have never seen you indulge.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Sun 25 Nov, 2018 12:50 am
@livinglava,
people can but not here, here people are cowards.
0 Replies

hingehead

Sun 25 Nov, 2018 07:52 am
@livinglava,
Maybe it's just about data. One side gets exasperated at the other because they ignore the data and rely on 'I think' and 'I believe'. Data isn't wisdom - but it's probably the first step.
OldGrumpy

Sun 25 Nov, 2018 11:09 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
Maybe it's just about data. One side gets exasperated at the other because they ignore the data and rely on 'I think' and 'I believe'. Data isn't wisdom - but it's probably the first step.

data? no mate this is about MISSING DATA!!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 26 Nov, 2018 04:41 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
no mate this is about MISSING DATA!!!
. See, he doesnt even know where to begin? He admits freely that he doesnt know what data an evidence is even out there.
He tries to make us believe that his ignorance is discernment.

0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Mon 26 Nov, 2018 05:16 am
oeps wrong thread!

ah well it is all the same anyway

LIES LIES LIES AND LIES!
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 26 Nov, 2018 05:30 am
Ive always wondered why the deniers (like Quahog above), can get behind the ability of engineers and physicists to calculate the constant energy production of nuclear reactors by measuring isotopic half-life and disintegrations/sec phenom and checking the various constants of decay, BUT will deny the validity of the same equations being used to calculate ages of radioactive samples.

Then they will scream "lies lies lies" (also like our own berserker Quahog above)??

I have no idea how their "mids" are wired, but I bet its weird.
OldGrumpy

Mon 26 Nov, 2018 06:05 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ive always wondered why the deniers (like Quahog above), can get behind the ability of engineers and physicists to calculate the constant energy production of nuclear reactors by measuring isotopic half-life and disintegrations/sec phenom and checking the various constants of decay, BUT will deny the validity of the same equations being used to calculate ages of radioactive samples.

Then they will scream "lies lies lies" (also like our own berserker Quahog above)??

I have no idea how their "mids" are wired, but I bet its weird.

so, you really don't get it then???

wow!!!
farmerman

Mon 26 Nov, 2018 06:13 am
@OldGrumpy,
is that how you avoid saying anything by merely trying to sound incredulous?? Thats easy. Too bad I cant do that, too many facts in the way.

Well ya can keep on playing with yerself .
MontereyJack

Mon 26 Nov, 2018 06:16 am
@OldGrumpy,
So you really don't get it then?
OldGrumpy

Mon 26 Nov, 2018 08:12 am
@MontereyJack,
copying is the sincerest form of...yep.

ha ha ha ha
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Mon 26 Nov, 2018 08:14 am
@farmerman,
well, you don't read selectivily OR don't read at all.
Your example is ridiculous if you have read ALL my postings.
But eh?! You are not much of a listener eh?!

poor kids!
farmerman

Mon 26 Nov, 2018 08:51 am
@OldGrumpy,
Ive read most pf your posts when you were Quahog, Ive not been impressed at all. You seem to assume you know of what you speak when you are as clueless as a budgie.

(Not to denigrate budgies).

OldGrumpy

Mon 26 Nov, 2018 11:10 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ive read most pf your posts when you were Quahog, Ive not been impressed at all. You seem to assume you know of what you speak when you are as clueless as a budgie.

(Not to denigrate budgies).

No, you haven't read all my postings at all.
The proof of this is the nonsense you wrote about nuclear plants etc,
If you really had read my posting you would be aware what my stand is on this. It certainly isn't what you wrote there!!! far far from it.
Of course, clueless as you are, you react without even a little digging.
Hence you 'arguments' aren't of any value at all.

Are you aware now that you always shoot yourself in your foot?

But it is funny to watch.
farmerman

Mon 26 Nov, 2018 11:22 am
@OldGrumpy,
You really have lots of confidence dont you?
Ever work with isotopes?

Why dont you post what you said. I dont feel like looking through all these pages of posts to find something I may or may not even agree with.
Cmon, Im giving you an opportunity to show us how smart you really are, or are not.