Why do people deny evolution?

Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:10 pm
@parados,
oh well,
offcourse one formula is not difficult to put here, I understand that,
But again you don't get it.
If it was only about putting one formula out the book wouldn't have that many pages, now, would it?

So, we are not talking about 'one mathematical formula' offcourse.
It is about much much more.

I see that you are trying to dismiss something that can't be dismissed and you want to start iirelevant discussions.

So start reading the book.

farmerman

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:13 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
I think this is your motto in life Quahog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Good answer. You do not know. I don't either...and I suspect most of us don't. Some might...but...but...

However, to go from there to "evolution is a hoax" is a step way too far. Don't you see how illogical it is to make that leap?

My god! Good answer??????????? where are you coming from????
You accusing me of a leap I didn't make at all! So there is nothing illogical here but you accusations. I am not saying 'evolution is a hoax" because there should be a God.

Don't you people read at all????????????????????/

It really is all in your mind.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:20 pm
@farmerman,
don't you think the same applies to you?

I am ready to believe in evolution when I see evidence!

Quote:
Question asked to Atheist which they could not answer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epVDSl8-KT4
parados

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:21 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
The book isn't restricted to only one formula. It covers several different topics that have nothing to do with the math.

You then told me to find the math online which I did a long time ago. It's bogus. It fails as I stated it does. Since you have no refutation of my comments, I can only assume you haven't researched anything. You only have silly posts that claim others don't know as much as you know but you can't tell us what you know.
parados

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:23 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

I am ready to believe in evolution when I see evidence!

And I am ready to believe you have done some research when you can actually post a formula that you think proves evolution can't occur. Until such time there is zero evidence that you have really looked at anything.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:23 pm
@parados,
well, think whatever you want. I can tell you the same but the other way around.
I am really convinced you haven't researched it at all. no way!
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:24 pm
@parados,
lol

you are still being very funny

I told you, you won't read the book.

Might be too convincing for you that evolution really is a hoax.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:26 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
There you go Q. It is actually only some scientists. The ones chosen by Apisa to be persuasive in his estimation. His posts are riddled with the same fatuous circularities. Although you might notice how equivocal that cut is. Missing out "some", "so far" and "very".

The circle cannot be broken out of if the social consequences of not denying evolution are not being considered when, at an intellectual and visceral level, it is the social consequences of not denying evolution which causes the denial of it. If social consequences are considered sophistries are no longer applicable and the discussion can proceed in an adult manner.

Roundabouts are for children's play areas.

I think you are right, up to a point.
I think here it is also important to look at the 'first domino' effect, and maybe even some others, like cognitive dissonance.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:27 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:
Good answer. You do not know. I don't either...and I suspect most of us don't. Some might...but...but...

However, to go from there to "evolution is a hoax" is a step way too far. Don't you see how illogical it is to make that leap?

My god! Good answer??????????? where are you coming from????
You accusing me of a leap I didn't make at all! So there is nothing illogical here but you accusations. I am not saying 'evolution is a hoax" because there should be a God.

No...you said evolution is a hoax because there is no evidence.

One...there is evidence...lots of it. You may not like it...you may disagree with it...but to suggest there is none is an absurdity.

Two...even if there were NONE...that would not substantiate that it is a hoax. That is an illogical leap...whether you can see it is or not.

Quote:
Don't you people read at all????????????????????/

Yeah, I do. I notice you like the question mark.

Quote:

It really is all in your mind.

That might be...but that is not what is being discussed.

spendius

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:29 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
The evidence is useable in many different venues and techy applications.

Like the Mistress Kane's School for Recalcitrant Males franchise.

Like you choose your sciences and your scientists you choose your venues.

Quote:
If you are an evolution denier, you've just got a personality quirk that languishes in "fringe" beliefs and mythology.

One need not be an evolution denier in order to seek to restrict the influence of evolutionary thought. Personality quarks and languishing in fringe beliefs (85%) and mythology are not at all necessary to deny the influence of evolution. To say they are is merely patting yourself on the back. Again!! In fact the more one knows about evolution the more it becomes obvious that its influence should be restricted if society is to remain as we expect it to and have planned for at enormous expense.

Quote:
If its merely attention you want, Id suggest that you get a pet.

I seem to remember you telling me that. It is meaningless as well as begging the question of what you are doing here. You have now arrived in a most undignified position. You are deciding who it is who wants attention. Which is what you have your ugly dog for. To wag its tail when it sees you because you can't get anybody else to.
0 Replies

parados

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:29 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
So I am free to believe you haven't researched because I have seen no evidence and you are free to believe evolution doesn't exist because you have seen no evidence.

Both points prove you to be an idiot. Isn't that fun?
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
No...you said evolution is a hoax because there is no evidence.

One...there is evidence...lots of it. You may not like it...you may disagree with it...but to suggest there is none is an absurdity.

Two...even if there were NONE...that would not substantiate that it is a hoax. That is an illogical leap...whether you can see it is or not.

Frank, I really don't get were you are coming from

But you wrote this:

Quote:
even if there were NONE...that would not substantiate that it is a hoax

Really????? what would you call it then? I would call it a hoax, a joke, a lie, take your pick.
This is very srange what you are doing and seems more to do with semantics I am afraid.

or do you really accept a theory without any evidence now??? so it seems.

oh btw show me the evidence, there is none! And to be clear I am talking macro evolution hoax now.

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:32 pm
@parados,
ahhh You were in need of an AH.

what problems do you have?
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:36 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
If you are an evolution denier, you've just got a personality quirk that languishes in "fringe" beliefs and mythology.Theyve got meetings for that

really??

Quote:
Biologist Exposes Lie of "Overwhelming Evidence for Evolution" - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LTaPIK7maY

0 Replies

parados

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:37 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Since you have done the research, maybe you can clear up some of the criticisms of Spetner's work that he was unable to do.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/fitness/spetner.html

Surely with all your research you should be able to take care of the pesky details that Max has pointed out that show Spetner hasn't been rigorous in his work. Even Spetner agreed with Max on that point.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:39 pm
@parados,
still not buying the books and want to play games?

Tell me please, why do you still believe in th evolution hoax?

o btw seen the videos I posted recently?

Yes, I know, I know..
parados

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:49 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Playing games? Who claimed they did the research but then can't talk about anything half way technical or mathematical?
neologist

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:52 pm
@parados,
Methinks English is not Qmath's native language. If he keeps posting, I may start to buy the evolutionary hypothesis myself.
edgarblythe

Thu 1 May, 2014 04:41 pm
@neologist,
You can't. You and spendi and frank are all in the same camp.