Why do people deny evolution?

hingehead

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 04:49 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
Known not to be trusted.

By denialists.

You should look into the history of that particular rag.
OldGrumpy

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 05:39 am
@hingehead,
No, it's rather simple. It is not to be trusted because it spreads lies on a daily , or monthly, basis.
Olivier5

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 05:51 am
@OldGrumpy,
I don't believe that for a second. More likely, you failed in your studies, which led you to reject science as a 'scam'. Sour grapes and all that.
hingehead

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 06:03 am
@OldGrumpy,
You are the king of generalisation, aren't you narcissus?
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 06:08 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I don't believe that for a second. More likely, you failed in your studies, which led you to reject science as a 'scam'. Sour grapes and all that.

You are sooo damned right in writing :"I don'believe that", bacause that is what
we are talking about, belief systems! The whole of 'science' is nothing more then an idiotic brainwashing machine that indoctrinates people into a very strange belief system. So, you are right there! Thanks mate!

I really don't care what you think or feel. I am just saying how it is, that's all.
Do some good research into alternative fields, and you will find the same.
Guaranteed!
Leadfoot

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 08:00 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Leadfoot Quote:
”The many people including a number of scientists who question evolution display none of the characteristics typical of the delusional or deniers”

Of course they do. They share a disdain for mainstream science and opinion, a reluctance to take any clear positive stance, a fear and avoidance of facts, etc. You included.

The irony, logical errors and contradictions in your reply are appalling. The only thing you bring to the table are empty personal attacks and not one substantive rebuttal to the argument. You are a waste of internet bandwidth.

Hope you are happy now that I have taken a positive stance. It includes me not responding to any more of your empty statements until you are able to form a meaningful position on the OP question.
Helloandgoodbye

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 09:53 am
@farmerman,
Quot ‘Im not enying the information contained as arranged chemicals in a genome. The argument I deny is that I see no evidence that these are "designed".

They are designed. Period. No one can deny that.
The thing people deny like yourself is your maker!

You (and others) embrace and promote a false God, and unintelligent God/creator/force/designer!

A person like Richard Dawkins titled one of his books ‘ The blind watchmaker.’
Even the title implies that the universe and life within it is like a watch, designed.

Olivier5

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 10:44 am
@Leadfoot,
What is your positive stance, then, genius?

You could for instance be a bit clearer about what does an ID look like, what does it do, and how do we spot it when it does whatever it does...

Or you could just insult me, thus proving my point.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 10:51 am
@OldGrumpy,
Your rejection of science is also a belief system. It's just a failed belief system, that's all, while in contrast science is premised on an effective and useful set of beliefs.

I did research magic quite a lot when a kid. Divination, pendulums, mind reading, tarots, spells and the likes... I came to the conclusion that it was all bogus.
OldGrumpy

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 02:00 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I did research magic quite a lot when a kid. Divination, pendulums, mind reading, tarots, spells and the likes... I came to the conclusion that it was all bogus.

duh? please tell me where I mentioned these things????????????????????
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 02:27 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Your rejection of science is also a belief system.

You wish! It is after more then 16 years of research.
But please go ahead, do your own research,
"mainstream science' got it ALL wrong and it seems you can't handle that, eh?!
farmerman

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 02:49 pm
@OldGrumpy,
16 years of research and youve got nothing. If you realize, all youve been doing here is re quoting just childish nyah nyahs and fact-free denials about most science. If anyone was that sure of your POV they would be presenting facts not a page of Ha Ha Ha Ha (etc). It Makes ya kinda stupid sounding, ya know?

0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 02:57 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
take a look at a repeat cycle of amino acids head to tail and you can easily see how simply they bind . Maybe a little more education in organic biochem and you wouldnt be as surprised at the result. Do you think that rusting iron or formation of fatty acids polymers from plant material or animal tissues in high pressure and temperature zones requires a designer? or clay from calcium sodium silicates in water?
farmerman

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 02:59 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
You (and others) embrace and promote a false God,
And Ive made a really good living at it. Amazing aint it? False gods really pay well.
Christian Gods are like Donald Trump, they want unconditional loyalty or else.
camlok

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 03:43 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
And Ive made a really good living at it. Amazing aint it? False gods really pay well.

False scientists shouldn't make a good living, they should be jailed for their lies and malfeasance.
camlok

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 03:47 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
you failed in your studies, which led you to reject science as a 'scam'.

A fella as dishonest as you, Olivier, ought not to be castigating others. You lie about science regularly, and you refuse to discuss issues of science.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 10:58 pm
@camlok,
True, but the system is so stuctured that people who supprt the system by their jobs get indeed, well paid.

But being well paid doesn't say a damn thing at all

after all , Pablo was very well paid as well by selling drugs (for the government btw!!)
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 05:08 am
@farmerman,
Quote:’Do you think that rusting iron or formation of fatty acids polymers from plant material or animal tissues in high pressure and temperature zones requires a designer?’

Nope. Those things do not require a designer.
And neither does a penis shaped cloud.
In other words, the randomness can only do so much.

Design requires a designer, just as music requires a musician, art requires an artist etc.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 05:16 am
@farmerman,
Quote:’False gods really pay well.
Christian Gods are like Donald Trump, they want unconditional loyalty or else.’

I agree. There sure are many false teachers in the world who do get paid well!
Leaders/teachers of Mormonism, Islam, jehovah witnesses, evolutionism etc.

And of course, your interpretation of the Christian God needing unconditional loyalty or Else is Wrong, much the same as your interpretation of the scientific facts we are discussing.

The ‘Christian God’ has revealed He desires for us to love him and his righteousness.....Not to deny him and love lawlessness. For those who practice lawlessness will not be welcome in a peaceful heavenly society, that is the ‘or else.’

https://biblehub.com/matthew/7-23.htm
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 06:01 am
Oh my Dog . . . what naked, breathtaking and hateful bigotry. When it comes to hatred, nobody can beat the christians.