Why do people deny evolution?

parados

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:28 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
As I have written before, I have no religious bone in my body,
It's ok you try to defend your religion, but alas, evolution is really a hoax.
and, contrary to what you write, I have studied both sides.

So where is your math then?
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
Because youll just waste several pages in the belief that youre on to something. Im just trying to save you two the breath.
Easter Bunnies Frank, go argue Easter Bunnies.
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:36 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo said: evolution may have happened not according to a human timescale but to God's timescale where he may have fast-forwarded millions of years to speed up and compress time into just 7 of "our" days-
"By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing" (Genesis 2:2)

Frank Apisa replied: What you wrote IMPLIES that it may not have also....something that ought be kept in mind.

Yes, that's why I said it "may have happened", I never claimed it as a fact..Smile
As open-minded individuals we're quite free to fearlessly speculate on anything we want in order to try to push the envelope of human understanding, although there might be a "speculation sound barrier" that we'll always have difficulty penetrating-
Jesus said- "You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things,so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)

But earlier you said: "I don't think any modern Christian denies evolution for the simple reason God wrote the 'Evolution/Creation Program' himself, then hit the 'Run' key."

That was the comment to which I referred.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:38 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Because youll just waste several pages in the belief that youre on to something. Im just trying to save you two the breath.
Easter Bunnies Frank, go argue Easter Bunnies.

I suspect it is just that you cannot grow up, FM.

You are the one dealing with Easter Bunnies...not I.

And I seriously doubt that you are trying to save me any trouble. But I appreciate the opening you've given me.

Thanx.
farmerman

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
Soon, I predict, you shall be writing in pink or lavender along with boldening.
Romeo is of your speed, Im not interested in such twaddle .
Romeo Fabulini

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:54 am
Quote:
Romeo said: I don't think any modern Christian denies evolution for the simple reason God wrote the 'Evolution/Creation Program' himself, then hit the 'Run' key..Smile
Frank Apisa said: That was the comment to which I referred.

What about it?
neologist

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 12:52 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Quote:
Romeo said: I don't think any modern Christian denies evolution for the simple reason God wrote the 'Evolution/Creation Program' himself, then hit the 'Run' key..Smile

What about it?
I sure wish you would learn to use the quote function.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 01:11 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Soon, I predict, you shall be writing in pink or lavender along with boldening.
Romeo is of your speed, Im not interested in such twaddle .

Really!

Seems like you search twaddle out; heap scorn on it; and try to use it to make yourself feel superior.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 01:12 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:

What about it?

If you cannot see the difference between asserting a thing IS...and a comment indicating that it MAY BE...I doubt I could explain it to you.

Try thinking about it for a while!
spendius

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 03:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
There is one thing we can be sure of. Apisa will use bolding forever because he has taken a position on it. I wrote my post about the merits of bolding precisely to fix it to him because after that there was no way to back off without admitting it was a silly idea from the start.

Unless he has me on Ignore which he wouldn't admit anyway. He's up a gum tree.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 04:02 pm
About a year ago, Green Witch (I think) stated something that "Ive yet to find any anti-evolution person who even understands what evolution is"
This thread and its participants sure makes her the winner.
edgarblythe

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 04:09 pm
@farmerman,
They have no desire to know anything.
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 04:18 pm
"Evolution" is whatever actually happened that lead us to where we are now.

We may know most of the process...or we may be kidding ourselves and know just the tip of this particular iceberg.

But whether the process (and existence itself) had a start with a single creating entity or not...is still in question.

The theists who insist there has to be a GOD...are absurd in such an illogical assertion.

The atheists who regularly mock them and insist that the very notion of a GOD is ridiculous and impossible...are every bit as absurd in such an illogical assertion.

But it is fun watching the two sides of that particular coin as it is being flipped.
spendius

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 05:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Apisa seems to have got the idea that he has a monopoly on having fun and that having fun is a mark of superiority. The Joker was having fun. So was Dracula.

I know they are fictional but I don't wish to draw attention to real characters of a similar nature.

One might wonder at the gigantic efforts to assume the burdens of office if they were not fun.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 07:31 pm
Quote:
Edgar Blythe said: They have no desire to know anything.

Who, Christians?
You're the one who admitted you once tore up a Bible..Smile
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 30 Apr, 2014 04:26 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
About a year ago, Green Witch (I think) stated something that "Ive yet to find any anti-evolution person who even understands what evolution is"

That's pretty lowbrow fm. In a number of ways. Is your hobby crass-stitch?

0 Replies

spendius

Wed 30 Apr, 2014 04:28 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
They have no desire to know anything.

But "anything", ed, only comprises that which you have allowed yourself to know and nothing of that which you have taken pains to avoid knowing.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Wed 30 Apr, 2014 04:36 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

That was a thread I started. It's still out there, and it has yet to be demonstrated to be wrong.
spendius

Wed 30 Apr, 2014 05:32 am
@rosborne979,
Link it ros. The anti-evolution brigade might contain a few who GW hasn't met yet. And the pro-evolution brigade don't understand evolution either.

The human curiosity is not satisfied with the what, where and when. Description is not explanation. Perhaps you should engineer it being so in one of those re-training centres fm envisaged.

As it is the why, how and whence is going to continue exercising the curiosity.

How are complex social organisations to be managed on evolutionary principles alone?

farmerman

Wed 30 Apr, 2014 05:40 am
@spendius,
another spendi post with self esteem aplenty but nothing substantive.
0 Replies