Why do people deny evolution?

Helloandgoodbye

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 12:43 am
@Amoh5,
‘I don't care about the old testament’
Wow, I’ve never heard such a statement!
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

I mean, all of the Old Testament Points towards Jesus, the Lamb of God, this is why all the prophets, and all the lamb sacrifices. First Adam, Second Adam....or even details like genesis3:18 ‘thorns and thistles’ and The crown of thorns Christ ended up wearing.

Thoughts?
Helloandgoodbye

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 01:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
‘You don't need 10,000 words to live a ethical life. There's a very simple rule. Treat all living things with respect and dignity.’

Sure, your own philosophy About how you should treat people may work for you. But ultimately God dictates what is right and wrong, not every single individual/human being.

And, Because you and I both know you have not lived this out 100%, you have fallen short, and broken the law of how to live.
Therefore, one day when you stand judgment, you will be sentenced to eternal jail according to the law.
The only way out of jail, is to except the bail....God paid that price!

Romans 3:23
‘For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.’
0 Replies

Amoh5

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 02:55 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
I'm a Christian, follower of Christ Jesus, hence the word Christian. I follow his words only, not Abraham, Moses, Pauline or anyone else. As our Lord Jesus said "No one comes to the Father except through me".
So what part of except through me don't you understand?
Helloandgoodbye

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 03:19 am
@Amoh5,
Hoping u r a Christian. Many ppl claim to be....

The old and New Testament make up the Word of God....so the Old Testament are Christ’s words. So why u reject the Old Testament?
OldGrumpy

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 03:44 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
Thoughts?

Yes, are you aware there were more then sixteen 'saviors' years years years before 'jesus'?
All born around 25 dec, born out of a virgin, crucified, raised from the death, 3 days bla bla bla?
It is ONLY a symbol. No real people at all
Amoh5

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 03:55 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Lord Jesus is the only absolute authority so you should follow his spoken words in his gospels only. Not Adam, Abraham, Isaiha or anyone else, his words and commandments only.
You should apologise to Cicerone you hippocrite, you're not perfect, only Lord Jesus is perfect, people like you make a mockery of Lord Jesus and his humanitarian compassion for all people, you should be ashamed of yourself. Thats why there's so many so-called Christian nutcases around, they don't follow only the words of Lord Jesus, I'm shocked when I notice fundamental nutcases like you, theres so many them around, where do you people come from? Yous are like aliens to me.
I give allegiance only to Lord Jesus(God) and nothing else in this universe
Helloandgoodbye

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 03:57 am
@OldGrumpy,
Yes, I am aware there are such strange claims, by the ‘mythicists’ movement but no concrete evidence of such.
The evidence still tells us Jesus was a historical person.
Helloandgoodbye

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 04:04 am
@Amoh5,
I am not perfect, absolutely!
you are rejecting most of Gods( Christ’s) words by rejecting the Old Testament.

Atheists say the same thing about ‘fundamentiists’...🤔this suggests you an atheist, or just a misinformed Christian, but have your heart in the right place...
I am just a person seeking and embracing truth. ‘Fundamentalism is a sorta foreign term to myself ya know?
Setanta

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 04:13 am
Self-delusion knows no bounds. The disgusting part is the conceit that it's noble to shove that crap down someone else's throat.
Amoh5

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 04:47 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
I know why yous like following people of the old testament and the non-gospel scriptures, so yous can do filthy things like control innocent people and demean females you dirty animals. You don't like focusing only on the gospels of Lord Jesus because you know you have to behave yourself no dirty tactics allowed or demeaning females for your perverted minds. Lord Jesus doesn't like materialism, dishonesty or sexual immorality, hes pretty tough isn't he, too tough for yous.
I'm glad atheists are as tough as they are towards fundamental nutcases like you, you can't make them bend with your filthy hidden agendas, they can see right through yous, because I know they just tell you to F*** off don't they
Helloandgoodbye

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 04:52 am
@Amoh5,
???
0 Replies

rosborne979

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 04:57 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Woo-hoo! Now that's entertainment!

Yeh, I like the part where science has agreed that the moon is artificial... but they won’t admit it. “How convenient” as Church Lady would say. Always nice to mix a little conspiracy theory with your delusional fantasy. Wink
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 05:06 am
@Amoh5,
You see, Jesus embraced the Old Testament, by quoting and quoting and quoting the scriptures.
And, if he embraced them, so should christians. This is a big part of the reason your position is contradictory and confusing.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/loveisanorientation/2010/11/here-are-the-old-testament-scripture-references-that-jesus-quoted-more-than-anything-else/
OldGrumpy

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 05:54 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
Yes, I am aware there are such strange claims, by the ‘mythicists’ movement but no concrete evidence of such.
The evidence still tells us Jesus was a historical person.

I think it is the other way around. No concrete evidence for an historical jesus.

But eh?! I think everyone has to choose his or her own belief, including evil-lotion. Wink
0 Replies

Amoh5

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 06:12 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
You address and talk about Lord Jesus as if hes your equal, thats like addressing your parents by their first names, you really are strange. Just because Lord Jesus talks about the ten commandments or scriptures of the old testament doesn't mean hes telling you to follow people in the old testament otherwise he'd be contradicting himself when he says to follow only him and his words only. Why don't you just admit that you like all the immoral activities that people did in the old testament, controlling innocent people and demeaning females with peverted hidden agendas, thats why you don't want to follow only Lord Jesus because he doesn't like ugly immoral intentions towards any human being male or female, I think you're trying to fool and lie to yourself
rosborne979

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 06:25 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Self-delusion knows no bounds. The disgusting part is the conceit that it's noble to shove that crap down someone else's throat.
It's also pretty twisted that "Faith" is considered a noble aspect of human behavior.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 06:44 am
I think this lot may be falling out among themselves. During the civil wars in England in the 17th century, a royalist officer who was captured said to his gloating (and religiously fundamentalist) captors that they should beware "lest you be falling out among yourselves."
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 06:53 am
@Amoh5,
I agree, don’t follow any immoral being in the old testament. (Or whenever)
I disagree with you, that we should reject Gods written word, the Old Testament.
Helloandgoodbye

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 06:57 am
@OldGrumpy,
You said: ‘Yes, are you aware there were more then sixteen 'saviors' years years years before 'jesus'? All born around 25 dec’

Here is a good example of Mythicists ‘empty’ arguments.
Nowhere in biblical Scripture Is the date given for the birth of Christ.
Mythicists are much like conspiracy theorists.

OldGrumpy

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 07:32 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
You said: ‘Yes, are you aware there were more then sixteen 'saviors' years years years before 'jesus'? All born around 25 dec’

Here is a good example of Mythicists ‘empty’ arguments.
Nowhere in biblical Scripture Is the date given for the birth of Christ.
Mythicists are much like conspiracy theorists.

Yes, and most of the time ''"conspiracy theorists" are right!
(except for the flat earth, but that is a whole story by itself.)
btw you do now what I mean right? Born of a virgin and all the other non-sense. At least 16 avatars many many years before jesus.
and btw most in the bible can be found in earlier pagan religions!
There is nothing 'special' about the so called jesus.
Just a symbol and nothing more. an a very old (older then jesus) symbol at that.