Why do people deny evolution?

Leadfoot

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 09:12 am
@Aetherian,
Quote:
We are very ancient beings and not native to this planet. Thousands of years ago there was a community of planets in Ursa Minor. They were driven out by a predatory race of reptilians settling in different parts of the galactic sector.

I know! The reptilians also have bases on the back side of the moon from which they transmit rays toward earth to control us. Chem-trails the evil cabal sprays into the atmosphere make us susceptible to them. And the smart meters on our houses are relay stations for controlling messages they send to us. That’s how they controlled George Bush and got him to stage 9/11.

This is all pretty depressing but we don’t have to worry because soon our Galactic Family will return and we will be freed from our enslavement to the Dark Ones and we will all be given replicators and all will have everything we need. A Golden Age is about to begin!

Oh thank heavens there is at least someone else out there that knows the truth!.

See you in the 5th dimension Arthurian.

Note to Olivier: This is sarcasm.
Leadfoot

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 09:28 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
By now you must know the curious case of the giraffe's laryngeal nerve. Look it up if you don't.

I know all about the giraffe's laryngeal nerve and the silly idea that it disproves design. Do you know there is not one but two nerve pathways from brain to larynx? One is direct and the other via the indirect long path near the heart. Why The redundancy? IDK, maybe same as why airplane piston engines have two ignition systems? Why do we have two kidneys?

There is no reason to think there is not a good reason for both paths. Like The infamous 'junk DNA' that Neo evolutionists used to use as 'proof' of evolution. Turns out it is there for a reason and it started a whole new field of genetics (Epigenetics). Got a bit of egg on their faces on that on din't they.
OldGrumpy

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 09:50 am
Quote:
I know! The reptilians also have bases on the back side of the moon from which they transmit rays toward earth to control us. Chem-trails the evil cabal sprays into the atmosphere make us susceptible to them. And the smart meters on our houses are relay stations for controlling messages they send to us. That’s how they controlled George Bush and got him to stage 9/11.

This is all pretty depressing but we don’t have to worry because soon our Galactic Family will return and we will be freed from our enslavement to the Dark Ones and we will all be given replicators and all will have everything we need. A Golden Age is about to begin!

Oh thank heavens there is at least someone else out there that knows the truth!.

See you in the 5th dimension Arthurian.

Note to Olivier: This is sarcasm.

I agree with most of it, but NOT with the idea that we will be saved.

I think this is the era in which we have to take our own power back instead of giving it to others , yet again.

Buckle Up! It will be a hell of a ride!

Leadfoot

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:09 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
I agree with most of it, but NOT with the idea that we will be saved.

Buckle Up! It will be a hell of a ride!

I was sitting here thinking about how far to stretch a metaphor. It’s hard to tell how far to do it before it breaks. I think Aertherian & the New Age crowd has exceeded the limits of elasticity.

No savior eh? Bummer. But yes, gonna be a hell of a ride. Already has been for that matter. I do take pleasure in knowing most of it's behind me.
OldGrumpy

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:26 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
No savior eh? Bummer. But yes, gonna be a hell of a ride. Already has been for that matter. I do take pleasure in knowing most of it's behind me.

Well, I really think most still have to come! What worries me most at the moment is the AI. And how easy people go along with that very dangerous crap.
(The AI I mention is not from earth at all!)

But I digress.

Leadfoot

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 11:01 am
Saw this in an article by Michael Egnor while net surfing. I thought the insight by Dawkins was brilliant. Probably not the way he meant it though.

Quote:
I despise Darwinism. It is, in my view, an utterly worthless scientific concept promulgated by a third-rate barnacle collector and hypochondriac to justify functional, if not explicit, atheism. Richard Dawkins got it right: Darwin made it possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist.

It does explain the emotional attachment atheists have to Darwin. If he goes, the whole system collapses in on itself.

That must be why they keep bringing up religion. For them it's not a scientific discussion, it's literally a religious battle.
Helloandgoodbye

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 11:17 am
@Leadfoot,
This does serve as another example That when God goes, anything goes....doesn’t it?! (Judges 21:25)
Whether it be the very idea of mankind evolving from bacteria, the idea of Life on earth from a distant planet, or meteor full of bacteria which seeded our planet which Farmerman endorses (panspermia).
Hey, I too was once lost! The sinful mind of mankind knows no limits.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 11:28 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
What worries me most at the moment is the AI.

Artificial intelligence is way low on my list. I worry more about the normal intelligence out there. I’m not sure AI is all its cracked up to be. It still reflects the goals (and fuckups) of its creator.

It will be a real **** storm when some CIC decides its time to unleash their AI enabled weapons they spent so much on. I think the impatience to use their toys is a bigger factor than the credit it gets. We the people hanker for some fireworks too. Wow! How’d you like that video of the drone taking out that bunch of jihad joes!
OldGrumpy

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 11:50 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Artificial intelligence is way low on my list. I worry more about the normal intelligence out there. I’m not sure AI is all its cracked up to be. It still reflects the goals (and fuckups) of its creator.

It will be a real **** storm when some CIC decides its time to unleash their AI enabled weapons they spent so much on. I think the impatience to use their toys is a bigger factor than the credit it gets. We the people hanker for some fireworks too. Wow! How’d you like that video of the drone taking out that bunch of jihad joes!

I don't think you get it (alien) AI is here to take us over in the end.
Which was the goal from the beginning,
Hence all the addictions to smartphones and what have you. The IoT
The roll out of 5G. transhumanism etc I feel it is all very very dangerous,

https://admin62b4b.davidicke.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/get-attachment-2073.jpg

But, it is too long for here and rather off topic.
Olivier5

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 01:00 pm
@Leadfoot,
Dawkins was an imbecile and his phrase you quoted is meaningless.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 01:04 pm
@Leadfoot,
How's the idea 'silly'?
0 Replies

Amoh5

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 06:17 pm
I'm a Christian of Lord Jesus(God) and I believe in evolution in the context that life evolves into existence rather than unrealistically materializing out of thin air.
I don't care about the old testament because I only read the gospels of Lord Jesus's teachings on morality in the new testament. I became a Christian because of the morality of Lord Jesus not because of the unrealistic magical details about him in the new testament bible, I think these unrealistic details are actually interpolations made by early corrupt church leaders.
However, I think the problem here is people trying to compare metaphysical allegories and evolution science/physics.
Every ethnic culture in the ancient world had their own metaphysical allegorical account of the Genesis, not just the Jews.
Some of these allegorical accounts may have some relevant truth in them but they are mostly only summarised allegorical views, not real-life documented specific details and processes. It doesn't make sense to compare allegory with real life science/physics methods.
Allegorical accounts are obviously not real-life in the sense that they are mystical allegories used to interpret real life, and even when there are actual real life details behind them.
But I do agree that the science/physics method should always be questioned for solid evidence, just like anything else in life, because even science/physics can get corrupted by corrupted individuals motivated by immorality and money.
Even though I love science/physics, I know the corruption of this topic has helped pollute and threaten our planet with dangerous technologies, but at the same time it has also helped to save lives.
I think the allegorical views on creation by our ancestors shouldn't be compared or demeaned by today's scientific or religious communities, just respected with decency, because if it wasn't for them and their struggle for survival we wouldn't be here.
cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 07:04 pm
@Amoh5,
You don't need 10,000 words to live a ethical life. There's a very simple rule. Treat all living things with respect and dignity. Eight words does it all! Most people learn what is right and what is wrong from their parents, teachers and peers. Many kids turn bad because of their environment in which they live and grow up. Most of their influence comes from friends. Living in the wrong neighborhood can be very harmful.
Amoh5

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 07:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yup I agree Cicerone, but we are only human and we make mistakes no one is perfect, thats why I need to give my allegiance to something, like Lord Jesus to remind me how I should be behaving when I'm under pressure from life's ups and downs.
We are all soldiers in our own rights, seeking our own fortunes, fending for ourselves, and having to face death one day when it eventually comes. Thats why I think all soldiers of life should know who or what their allegiance belongs to, otherwise the negative influences around us can infiltrate our minds making us do things that we wouldn't normally do, but all the best of wellness and prosperity to you Cicerone
cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 08:25 pm
@Amoh5,
Yes, we all make mistakes, but the difference is whether we learn from them or not. Often times it costs more money to buy the right thing, but many do not have the resources to do so. Those kind of limits are imposed on most people, so it's up to us to buy smart. I remember a research done some years ago on how consumers spend more time deciding which candy to buy over what appliance to buy. I'm sure most of us regretted buying something that cost a lot of money.
As for death, I'm ready for it, because I've traveled the world to my heart's content having traveled to all 7 continents and over 80 countries making friends in many, and I'm a pretty health 83 years old considering my ckd. We live in Sunnyvale, CA, considered one of the safest cities in the country. It's been an interesting life for a kid who grew up poor on the wrong side of the tracks in Sacramento, CA, at the tail end of the Great Depression.
Amoh5

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 09:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
wow! 83! you're only a young buck!
nah just joking, i'm 51 in October, you sound very healthy and sharp in your memory for a man your age. I hope you outlive us all on A2k hahaha!
The only Japanese Americans I know is George Takei from Star Trek TOS, I'm an old fan from way back, and that song sukiyaki, beautiful piece of music and Japanese language, I like the Sumarai martial art aikido very lethal stuff, especially when Steven Segal made it famous in Hollywood, its good to be able to defend one's self if need be
Leadfoot

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:11 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
But, it is too long for here and rather off topic.

Once you’ve mentioned the name David Icke, you’ve said enough.
cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:14 pm
@Amoh5,
I've been a fan of Sab Shimono because we both grew up in Sacramento, CA. He was in Midway and lot of tv shows. Lost touch with him some years ago.
Amoh5

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 11:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes I see Sab Shimono has had a long acting career, he's been in Mash and the X-files, not to mention his tv acting from 1962 up to now, before I was borned anyway
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 11:35 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Once you’ve mentioned the name David Icke, you’ve said enough.

Because?

0 Replies