Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 04:41 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Apparently youveonly "read" what your puppetmasters have approved you to read. You really haven't "Studied evolution", because if you did, the evidence, process, and facts behind it would be easily appreciated as something that was well developed and fully evidence driven.
Its falsifiable as are all the scientific diciplines that underpin it. (try saying that for ANYTHING that Creationism tries to confuse us with).
My old bait has always been, "Please come up with a scientific advance that was developed based upon Creationist thinking " (and please don't try to sneak back into history and claim that all science was creationist before Darwin opened biology's eyes.

Youre a science denier based upon your religious beliefs. Go in peace, no one (including the US Supreme Court) agrees that what you peddle is
"Actually Science"
Setanta

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 04:49 am
He claims not to be religious. He has less reason for his idiocy than the creationists, in that case.
farmerman

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 05:16 am
@Setanta,
maybe hes a panspermiast.

Douche bags can wear many suits
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 06:02 am
Of course, he cold just be a liar.

I tend to go with a later assessment that he's a failed university student who is blaming it all on the system.
parados

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 06:22 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

so you never done it, right? Wink

I'm pointing out you have never done it. But if you would care to post your math here, I will be happy to point out your errors.
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 07:22 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You really haven't "Studied evolution", because if you did, the evidence, process, and facts behind it would be easily appreciated as something that was well developed and fully evidence driven.

Hey fm--that's a bit more stylish than usual. But it still constitutes a self-serving assertion and, I strongly suspect, a non sequitur. A meaningless blurt.

Someone could say the same thing about you regarding your fast-forward evolution of the fish.

One might study evolution during a commercial break sufficiently to get the gist of it. And be well aware that the evidence, process, and facts behind it would be easily appreciated as something that was well developed and fully evidence driven, and still weigh in against its influence.

You tautological insistence that evidence, process, and facts, and them all being well developed and fully evidence driven, are all there is to human life is basically marking your own homework.

Anybody who thinks that the influence of evolution is bad is not going to bother about evidence, process and facts. The more of those the worse it is. Except the fact that you have not explained what "process" is and signified by doing so that you are on that side of the evolution debate which has a touching faith in progress. It being a bullet-point through the connotations these nice words call to mind in the dozing reader.

Quote:
Its falsifiable as are all the scientific diciplines that underpin it.

That's a bit of a tangle fm. It would never enter my head that a scientific discipline might be falsifiable. I imagine that might be like walking on air.
Nice Freudian slip old boy. "Diciplines"!! How can one not laugh?

Quote:
"Please come up with a scientific advance that was developed based upon Creationist thinking "

Wine counters in shopping malls. Jobs for those who have no expectation of physical labour. Utility services. FEMA. Charmin toilet paper. Up and over garage doors. Lingerie. NFL. Trips to see the whales.

Do you want any more? See Yellow Pages.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 09:25 am
@farmerman,
As I have written before, I have no religious bone in my body,
It's ok you try to defend your religion, but alas, evolution is really a hoax.
and, contrary to what you write, I have studied both sides.
I see now that the believers in the evolution are actually inside a cult, the evolution cult and they have blinders on, and can't look very good.
Another way at looking at it, is that the BELIEF in the evolution , is deeply ingrained becauzse of the indoctrination when being educated oeps sorry indoctrinated with this **** at schools etc.
Offcourse you have to blame me, with everything you (think you) have, I am dumb, to little schooling, to much schooling, the wrong books, to many books.
Anthing goes as long as it doesn't touch the very idiotic evolutiontheory.

Ah well, it takes time man, it's about progress and unlearning,
Quehoniaomath

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 09:26 am
@Setanta,
that's a way of trying to protect the religion. Wink
It doesn't matter, it now is really crumbling under our feet.
Setanta

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 09:32 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Ah-hahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

You can't beat this play for free entertainment.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 10:00 am
I don't think any modern Christian denies evolution for the simple reason God wrote the 'Evolution/Creation Program' himself, then hit the 'Run' key..Smile
Senator John McCain summed it up nicely- "I believe in evolution, but when i hike the Grand Canyon at sunset, I see the hand of God there also"

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/bigbang.gif~original
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 10:15 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

I don't think any modern Christian denies evolution for the simple reason God wrote the 'Evolution/Creation Program' himself, then hit the 'Run' key..Smile
Senator John McCain summed it up nicely- "I believe in evolution, but when i hike the Grand Canyon at sunset, I see the hand of God there also"

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/bigbang.gif~original

I continue to be amazed that both sides of this issue have so many adherents who do not see that both "creation" and "evolution" can exist.

Perhaps there is a creator GOD I do not know if there is or isn't...and I choose not to guess either way.

Why is it so difficult to assume that the creator GOD wouldn't handle the creation the way science is discovering it has happened...via the mechanics of evolution?

ONE: "Evolution" does not impact on whether or not there is a GOD. It does impact on the guesses offered by superstitious; relatively unknowledgeable; relatively unsophisticated ancient Hebrews who seem to have dreamed up (and borrowed) a fanciful mythology to explain what was happening.

TWO: "The possible existence of a creator GOD" does not impact on the notion of evolution. Tying one's self to the creation mythologies is absurd in the fact of what science is discovering about what went on during the last several billion years.
neologist

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 10:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . Why is it so difficult to assume that the creator GOD wouldn't handle the creation the way science is discovering it has happened...via the mechanics of evolution?
Why the mechanics of evolution? Why not his own mechanics?
spendius

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 10:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I continue to be amazed that both sides of this issue have so many adherents who do not see that both "creation" and "evolution" can exist.

How can they not? It is the creationists and the evolutionists who can't co-exist without a polite discretion being exercised.

Creation mythologies are only absurd for those who need them to be.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 10:50 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . Why is it so difficult to assume that the creator GOD wouldn't handle the creation the way science is discovering it has happened...via the mechanics of evolution?
Why the mechanics of evolution? Why not his own mechanics?

Read my sentence again, Neo.

If you want to assume there is a GOD...and that the GOD is a "he"...fine. Then the "mechanics of evolution" would be the "mechanics of he."

Jeez!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 10:57 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Tying one's self to the creation mythologies is absurd in the fact of what science is discovering about what went on during the last several billion years.

Science has proved that time is stretchy and elastic, but the Bible said it first-
"With God a thousand years are as one day" (2 Pet 3:8 )

Furthermore time has even been re-wound-
God said "Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down" (Isaiah 38:8 )

And even stopped-
"Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel: “Sun, stand still over Gibeon, and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped,
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. There has never been a day like it before or since!" -(Joshua 10:12-14)

My point is that evolution may have happened not according to a human timescale but to God's timescale where he may have fast-forwarded millions of years to speed up and compress time into just 7 of "our" days-
"By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing" (Genesis 2:2)

"God hangs the earth on nothing" (Job 26:7)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/earth-B.gif~original
farmerman

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:09 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
and, contrary to what you write, I have studied both sides
Then why speak in fact-free bumper stickers?

What did you replace science and evidence with? This oughta be interesting.

You've yet to make any cohesive arguments in any of your past posts. If youre unable to mount a debate, don't hide behind simple insults.
Im willing to debate facts apparently your not.

that's the religious approach, "don't try to persuade me, "
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:11 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Tying one's self to the creation mythologies is absurd in the fact of what science is discovering about what went on during the last several billion years.

Science has proved that time is stretchy and elastic, but the Bible said it first-
"With God a thousand years are as one day" (2 Pet 3:8 )

Furthermore time has even been re-wound-
God said "Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down" (Isaiah 38:8 )

And even stopped-
"Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel: “Sun, stand still over Gibeon, and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped,
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. There has never been a day like it before or since!" -(Joshua 10:12-14)

My point is that evolution may have happened not according to a human timescale but to God's timescale where he may have fast-forwarded millions of years to speed up and compress time into just 7 of "our" days-

The enlarged few words are probably the most reasonable you have ever written in this forum, Romeo.

What you wrote IMPLIES that it may not have also....something that ought be kept in mind.

There is a huge difference between you suggesting that some god programmed something and then hit the key...and suggesting that a god may have programmed something and then hit the key.

You regularly forget that important distinction.
farmerman

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
why don't you and Fabulini go and argue" Cosmological Contracts LAw" somewhere where it fits.
Biosystems Functions and methodology are totally removed from that argument. I know ABUNDANTLY what you believe. Its just that you don't argue efficiently about that which can be evidenced.
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:23 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

why don't you and Fabulini go and argue" Cosmological Contracts LAw" somewhere where it fits.
Biosystems Functions and methodology are totally removed from that argument.

Why don't you grow up enough to accept that some people want to address aspects of a conversation that you may not find interesting...and allow yourself to tolerate their doing so?

What I addressed is as much on point as most of the stuff you have been posting, FM.

Or...buy more roomy underwear. The stuff you are currently wearing seems to bind you a bit.

Quote:
I know ABUNDANTLY what you believe.

You should. I have made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that I do not do believing.

Quote:
Its just that you don't argue efficiently about that which can be evidenced.

Example, if you can?
Romeo Fabulini

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:26 am
Quote:
Romeo said: evolution may have happened not according to a human timescale but to God's timescale where he may have fast-forwarded millions of years to speed up and compress time into just 7 of "our" days-

Frank Apisa replied: What you wrote IMPLIES that it may not have also....something that ought be kept in mind.

Yes, that's why I said it "may have happened", I never claimed it as a fact..Smile
As open-minded individuals we're quite free to fearlessly speculate on anything we want in order to try to push the envelope of human understanding, although there might be a "speculation sound barrier" that we'll always have difficulty penetrating-
Jesus said- "You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things,so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)