Why do people deny evolution?

MontereyJack

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 05:57 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
Ever seen a certainn fish changed into another sort of fish? Just saying, just saying.

Oveer the course of a million generations, yes. Just saying
OldGrumpy

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 06:48 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Over the course of a million generations, yes. Just saying

Do you even understand what you just wrote?
YOU have seen a fish change into another sort of fish over a million generation!!??

Right.

Man you must be very very very old!!!!
Leadfoot

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 09:51 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Either you speak of an intelligent designer -- and then one would expect to see some fair amount of brand new design for it -- or you're talking of lazy, not-so-smart recycler, and then one would expect a lot of recycling...

I don’t know how I could have made it clearer. New species and new body plans are new designs. Your argument that the re-use of a previous part make the designer 'not so smart' is so patently ignorant that it requires no counter argument. If your eyes are open at this moment, you are looking at countless re-use of designs by intelligent designers.

Just for clarification, it is random chance evolution that one would expect a wide variety of different solutions. For example, why is the heart the same basic 'design' in many unrelated species? One would expect all sorts of random configurations if random chance was the driver. But an intelligent designer would of course use his current best design for the application over again unless he knew of something better.

Your whole line of argument here is the wrong one. It supports intelligent design, not evolution.

coluber2001

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 12:26 pm
I don't see any possible conflict between religion or spirituality and science. After all they both emanate from and are expressions of the same mind. We don't reject prose in favor of poetry or vice versa.

I love reading about science and natural history and biology and how things work. It's pretty incredible the knowledge that has been gained about our world. But sometimes I have to step back and say, "wow it's like a miracle that anything exists at all. That's the mystery, and there's no solution in that sense. The mystery must remain a mystery.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 02:14 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Appsrently you have never heard of fossils.
OldGrumpy

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 02:23 pm
@MontereyJack,
you mean the ones they are 'missing'? lol

Olivier5

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 02:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
Have a look at these pics:

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1jAL3bmr85uJjSZPiq6zOBFXaB/Paramount1929-metal-swivel-plate-dial-old-telephone-rotating-antique-phone.jpg_640x640.jpg

https://www.telecomsupplier.fr/media/catalog/product/cache/c9e0b0ef589f3508e5ba515cde53c5ff/c/i/cisco_cp-7841-k9_1.jpg

https://s7.s-sfr.fr/mobile/uc/device/it13zws0/iphone6s_spgry_pf_fr-fr-screen-540x400.png?ts=1473748827163

Where is the vestigial dial in the iphone? Nowhere. A brand new design looks like this. It's not about recycling old ideas.
MontereyJack

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 05:03 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Don:t know much about fossils, do you?
Leadfoot

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 07:44 pm
@Olivier5,
Yep, stupid designer. Used the same old copper conductors, same speaker design in all of them, you’d think they could do better.
OldGrumpy

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 10:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Don:t know much about fossils, do you?

You mean that there ain't many?
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Mon 13 Aug, 2018 11:37 pm
@MontereyJack,
Let's see. Isn't the geological age of a fossil determined by the geological age of the rocks where these fossils were found?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 01:03 am
@Leadfoot,
Ha ha ha.. . You could only find two (2) similarities, while a human being and a dog share what? some 99.999% of their basic structure and biochemistry.
OldGrumpy

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 01:14 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Ha ha ha.. . You could only find two (2) similarities, while a human being and a dog share what? some 99.999% of their basic structure and biochemistry.

You would expect that if there is a gradual Darwinian progression that the dna also goes from simple to more complex. There are indeed cases where this is not the case, hence dna-analysis defies evil-lotion.
0 Replies

Aetherian

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 05:35 am
@rosborne979,
I believe in evolution but not as derived through apes. The missing link will stay missing because there never was one.
We are very ancient beings and not native to this planet. Thousands of years ago there was a community of planets in Ursa Minor. They were driven out by a predatory race of reptilians settling in different parts of the galactic sector. You may not like this as there is no scientific evidence, but there are records from other races which make fascinating reading.
Truth is very strange and as long we are kept in ignorance it will not be generally accepted, but even science has come to accept that the moon is artificial but will not admit it.

Setanta

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 05:41 am
@Aetherian,
Woo-hoo! Now that's entertainment!
OldGrumpy

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 06:01 am
@Aetherian,
Quote:
I believe in evolution but not as derived through apes. The missing link will stay missing because there never was one.
We are very ancient beings and not native to this planet. Thousands of years ago there was a community of planets in Ursa Minor. They were driven out by a predatory race of reptilians settling in different parts of the galactic sector. You may not like this as there is no scientific evidence, but there are records from other races which make fascinating reading.
Truth is very strange and as long we are kept in ignorance it will not be generally accepted, but even science has come to accept that the moon is artificial but will not admit it.

Welcome!

I agree, truth is very strange indeed. the more we are surrounded by lies from the cradle to the grave.

It is very difficult for people to wrap their brains around this.
Because they have been spoon-fed bullshit & bollocks their entire live.

But, slowly but surely people are waking up to the madness all around us.

And I agree wholeheartedly that the moon is artificial!
MontereyJack

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 07:50 am
@OldGrumpy,
he's even more wacko than I had thought.
OldGrumpy

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 08:18 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
he's even more wacko than I had thought.

You ain't seen nothing yet! Wink
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 08:49 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Ha ha ha.. . You could only find two (2) similarities, while a human being and a dog share what? some 99.999% of their basic structure and biochemistry

Yes, A damn fine design wouldn’t you say? Just goes to show how much better life's designer is compared to the phone's.

What makes you think the designer has not already arrived at the optimum design when working in organic matter? Can you (or anyone) suggest a better design for any of our organs? They are energy efficient, run on renewable resources, are self reproducing, self organizing and self repairing for the most part.

Compared to this design that you inhabit, nothing in this universe even comes close to it.

I have to ask, have you ever designed anything?
Olivier5

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 08:58 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Can you (or anyone) suggest a better design for any of our organs? 

By now you must know the curious case of the giraffe's laryngeal nerve. Look it up if you don't.