Why do people deny evolution?

coldjoint

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 11:04 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
It clearly didn't give you knowledge if you think the asun rises and sets. rather than the earth revolves and the sun just sits there.

That has little to do with what was seen by a primitive man. It became something he knew. It has to start somewhere. You can start anytime I'll wait.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 11:04 am
@MontereyJack,
https://study.com/academy/lesson/using-physics-to-study-the-earths-environment.html
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 11:51 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Couldn’t find it. Got a name or link?

https://able2know.org/topic/471344-1
0 Replies

coluber2001

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 12:59 pm
@rosborne979,
[quotecoluber2001 wrote:
We are nature and the universe witnessing itself.
That quote seems familiar. Did you borrow that from someone famous?[/quote]

I don't know if I borrowed it. Maybe I'm a plagiarist with a bad memory. But my statement is the way I feel.
Leadfoot

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 03:20 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
We are nature and the universe witnessing itself.

Sounds hip, groovey and neo-scientific.

Or as the New Age crowd puts it - 'We are God'.
izzythepush

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 04:40 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Or as the New Age crowd puts it - 'We are God'.

Nothing New Age about it, it's the basis of Gnosticism.
Amoh5

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 07:12 pm
@Leadfoot,
But gods don't make mistakes like human beings, I just hope they don't kick themselves too hard when they do make mistakes
OldGrumpy

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 03:14 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
But gods don't make mistakes like human beings, I just hope they don't kick themselves too hard when they do make mistakes

You know god???
Amoh5

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 03:53 am
@OldGrumpy,
Do you always have to ask perfect silly questions? or maybe you're just having perfect doubts about yourself?
OldGrumpy

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 03:58 am
@Amoh5,
me think so. Wink
Amoh5

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 04:32 am
@OldGrumpy,
Yes I am a Christian, but I don't think I'm perfect, I make mistakes every now and then.
I was only being sarcastic to how atheists might interpret the word god. As a Christian I actually have a different interpretation for God with a capital G from Lord Jesus, a more family orientated interpretation that is, its in the gospels of the new testament, keywords being "spirit", and "of the father."
OldGrumpy

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 04:41 am
@Amoh5,
That's ok with me. Personally I think the Bible and jesus and these things were never real but symbolic of something else.

But everybody may believe what he or she wants, I really don't give a ****.
Amoh5

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 04:58 am
@OldGrumpy,
I really don't give a **** what atheists like you think either, its just self worshipping bullshit to me
OldGrumpy

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 05:42 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
I really don't give a **** what atheists like you think either, its just self worshipping bullshit to me

That's ok with me too, how did you figure I am an 'atheist'? I am not.
Amoh5

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 05:56 am
@OldGrumpy,
You said that Lord Jesus is not real, the implication is obvious isn't it? How am I wrong?
OldGrumpy

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 06:09 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
You said that Lord Jesus is not real

Yes, at least for me. So?

Quote:
the implication is obvious isn't it

Well, not to me. Enlighten me!

Quote:
How am I wrong?

Wrong? I don't know. I am ok with whatever you want to think or believe.

I really don't care.
Amoh5

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 06:33 am
@OldGrumpy,
I must say, the feeling is mutual
OldGrumpy

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 06:37 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
I must say, the feeling is mutual

But you can't enlighten me?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 07:18 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
How am I wrong?
. Let me add my .02c worth of opinion. The history of Jesus is only 2000 years old while Homo sapiens have been around for 200,000 years. Planet earth has been around for over 4.5 billion years, not the 7,000 years claimed in the Bible. Do you see the illogic of a god appearing so late in human history? Also, this god appeared in Jerusalem based on mythology, born of a virgin. There is no proof of any existence of any god(s). They are created in the minds of men who wish to control the masses. Also, why are there so many gods created by the different cultures in other lands? It's because there's a need in humans to wish there was a higher power that created this universe. Finally, study the findings of scientists on the evolution of Homo sapiens. Like many life forms on this planet, we evolved from the primates. Evolution is a fact that many refuse to accept. If you still have doubts, visit the Charles Darwin Research Center in the Galapagos Islands where they study evolution, and provide proof.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 11 Aug, 2018 08:35 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Leadfoot wrote:
“Or as the New Age crowd puts it - 'We are God'.”

Izzy replied:
Nothing New Age about it, it's the basis of Gnosticism.

Just another brand of horse ****. There are as many variations of Gnosticism as there are of ice cream, but all of them define 'God' in such a nebulous way as to make the term meaningless. Of course that would match your own POV I’m guessing.

Regardless of that, there is one fact that is universally known by every rational human: They are not God. To think otherwise is the real “God Delusion”.

To which group do you belong?