What has modern physics brought us actually?

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 01:51 am
Well, I think modrn physics has brought us nothing and never will bring us anything.

There is in reality nothing that came out of modern physics.

What's your thought on this?

roger

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 02:02 am
@OldGrumpy,
I just kind of assume physics has something to do with the computers and internet we are both using. If it's more of a supernatural phenomenon, please let us know.
OldGrumpy

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 02:08 am
@roger,
"I just kind of assume physics has something to do with the computers and internet we are both using. If it's more of a supernatural phenomenon, please let us know."

I am not saying it is something supernatural. I am saying it is NOT because of physics or science. It was invented way before 'modern science'. And later it was hijacked by modern science as if it was because of modern science. In reality it never was. And scientists couldn't have figured it out anyway, because they are not very intelligent, nor very creative, hence 'modern physics' HAD to hijack these things as if they came from modern science.
roger

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 02:16 am
@OldGrumpy,
Let me just say I'm 100% sure of your meaning.
OldGrumpy

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 02:28 am
@roger,
what do you mean?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 05:21 am

0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 05:44 am
I don't know what OldGrump is getting at either. But any modern electronic device uses semiconductors. Semiconductors were designed with as understanding of quantum mechanics.

If your computer (or cell phone) operates with a small black chip, rather than with vacuum tubes, then you are using modern physics.
OldGrumpy

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 06:20 am
@maxdancona,
"I don't know what OldGrump is getting at either. But any modern electronic device uses semiconductors. Semiconductors were designed with as understanding of quantum mechanics."

Nope, thats's my point. Semiconductors like transistors were invented before the coming of quantum mechanics. People want us to think that it is because of quantum mechanics, but that is, obviously, a lie. (It also couldn't because quantum mechanics is a bunch of hogwash.)
maxdancona

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 08:00 am
@OldGrumpy,
I will play with you (out of a mixture of curiosity and boredom).

When were transistors invented?
When was Quantum Mechanics formulated?
OldGrumpy

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 09:08 am
@maxdancona,
play with me?! ha!!! even the stupidty of saying that is beyound you.

"When were transistors invented?"

before quantum mechanics.

Riddle solved lol

Trying to save quantum, bollocks now,eh?!

won't work. you can't save that ****.
maxdancona

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 09:23 am
@OldGrumpy,
I am not sure if you understand what the word "before" means. That is why I am asking for you to give me the years.
OldGrumpy

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 09:28 am
@maxdancona,
oh still trying to save face,eh?!

Here it is:

the transistor was INVENTED BEFORE the quantum bollocks came along.

Hence, QM has NOTHING to do with the transistor.

How can it be? QM is bullocks! How can you make a transistor out of Bullocks?!

Right, you can't!

And the transistor was absolutely NOT invented at Bell's Labaratory.
maxdancona

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 10:45 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
the transistor was INVENTED BEFORE the quantum bollocks came along.

Hence, QM has NOTHING to do with the transistor.

Again, what year do you think the transistor was invented? If you are using the word 'BEFORE' it is a fair question.

Incidently, most people are simply discarding you as a crackpot and moving on. I am trying to have a conversation with you. If you start to annoy me, or lose my interest, I will go away too. I am asking a completely reasonable question, you keep yelling at me without answering my question.

So, please.... give me the year that you think the transistor was invented, and the year when QM started, or at least say something interesting.
thack45

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 11:17 am
Contrarianism for its own sake, and the harebrained ideas that it elicits, have long been a favorite of the arrogant stupid person. Maybe that's because it's so much more accessible and digestible than the more complicated and nuanced nature of things like science... or reality... There's just nothing quite like that woke feeling of superiority you get when "knowing" what all of the "sheeple" will never understand. And of course since the very beginning of the internet, this phenomenon has been steadily rising.

Incidentally, I think this is partly how our president became the kind of person that he is today. Constantly being surrounded by more intelligent people can be intimidating, and truly weak people tend not to take it well.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 12:15 pm
@maxdancona,
"Again, what year do you think the transistor was invented? If you are using the word 'BEFORE' it is a fair question."

Yes it is a fair question. But it was before any qm.

"Incidently, most people are simply discarding you as a crackpot and moving on."

So what? Why should I care what oher people think about me? Don't you see that's the prison most people live in? Being afraid of what other people think and so they don't mention these things. I really don't give a **** what other people think of me.

"If you start to annoy me, or lose my interest, I will go away too."

Do what you want to do. You try to give the illusion that I have any control over this. I haven't. You sound a bit narcisstic with this.

" I am asking a completely reasonable question, you keep yelling at me without answering my question."

Yelling? man no, I repeat myself, that's all.

"So, please.... give me the year that you think the transistor was invented, and the year when QM started, or at least say something interesting."

What the problem here? The transistor was inventd before QM. Why is that sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo difficult for you too accept?
You probably think QM is real. Well it is not.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 12:16 pm
"Contrarianism for its own sake, and the harebrained ideas that it elicits, have long been a favorite of the arrogant stupid person. Maybe that's because it's so much more accessible and digestible than the more complicated and nuanced nature of things like science... or reality... There's just nothing quite like that woke feeling of superiority you get when "knowing" what all of the "sheeple" will never understand. And of course since the very beginning of the internet, this phenomenon has been steadily rising.

Incidentally, I think this is partly how our president became the kind of person that he is today. Constantly being surrounded by more intelligent people can be intimidating, and truly weak people tend not to take it well."

You seem really to have not a clue what is going on. that probably makes you making ad hominems?
0 Replies

fresco

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 01:46 pm
@OldGrumpy,
You may or may not be correct in the role played by qm in the development of transistors. But here is a link which does give practical applications of qm.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/five-practical-uses-spooky-quantum-mechanics-180953494/
However, 'qm' is not the whole of 'modern physics' nor can the phrase 'brought us ' be limited to 'technology'. Yet since you seem have an extremely simplistic axe to grind involving your lay understanding of 'reality' it would be futile to engage you further.
OldGrumpy

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 02:44 pm
@fresco,
then don't if you can't stand it.
0 Replies

George

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 06:44 am
Hi Queequeg! How ya been?
fresco

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 08:36 am
@George,
Hey... you could be right ! Laughing