Why do people deny evolution?

OldGrumpy

Thu 9 Aug, 2018 12:33 pm
@Mak7098,
Quote:
Most of the atheists I know were brought up Christian, but none of the christians I know were brought up atheist.

Spike Psarris is an example from someone who went from atheist to christian!

Quote:
Spike Psarris has a Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Massachusetts, and has done graduate work in Physics. For a number of years, he was an engineer in the U.S. military space program. He went into the U.S. military space program as an atheist and committed evolutionist, and came out of it as a young-earth creationist and Christian.

http://creationwiki.org/Spike_Psarris

I never understand why people don't do their research. Smile
OldGrumpy

Thu 9 Aug, 2018 12:46 pm
Need I say more?:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f3/63/0e/f3630e956ec73d697bbc1099ddc3fde1.jpg
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 9 Aug, 2018 12:52 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
Furtehermore, I am bit surprised that if you have found out 'evil-lotion' is wrong, why shouldn't the other scientific fields not being wrong?

To explain that I’ll have to divulge one of my fundamental conclusions about this existence.

If you ignore the Big Bang itself, everything we see can be explained by the 4 fundamental forces of physics - except life. Therefore I separate everything into two categories:

Natural (matter, energy, etc) and
Unnatural (anything alive).

So...

The other sciences are all fundamentally different from biology. Biology is the only one studying the unnatural.

You are no stranger to bucking the trend so that shouldn’t be a problem for you ?

Quote:
We really are being lied to from all sides.

Well no argument there.
Setanta

Thu 9 Aug, 2018 02:00 pm
Ah-hahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

Because evolution is just the thin end of the wedge to achieve total mind control.

Man, this **** cracks me up.
OldGrumpy

Thu 9 Aug, 2018 02:28 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
If you ignore the Big Bang itself, everything we see can be explained by the 4 fundamental forces of physics - except life. Therefore I separate everything into two categories:

Natural (matter, energy, etc) and
Unnatural (anything alive).

Well, I can see where you are coming from, thanks for that.
But, as I see it, EVERYTHING is consciousness.

And as I have written before, there is soooo much wong with the 'sciences'
I mentioned.
OldGrumpy

Thu 9 Aug, 2018 02:51 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Ah-hahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

Because evolution is just the thin end of the wedge to achieve total mind control.

Man, this **** cracks me up.

please explain.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 9 Aug, 2018 03:29 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Spike's educational background has no bearing on his religious' beliefs. Religion is based on faith. There's no way to verify it.
OldGrumpy

Thu 9 Aug, 2018 10:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
"Spike's educational background has no bearing on his religious' beliefs. Religion is based on faith. There's no way to verify it.""

what ever you want to think
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 9 Aug, 2018 10:57 pm
This thread is becoming a petri dish of hoaxers. I can't wait for 9/11, the number Pi and climate change to come into these fools' focus.

I must say, it's quite funny to see a bunch of loonies trying very carefuly to not disagree with each other's delusions.
OldGrumpy

Thu 9 Aug, 2018 11:15 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
This thread is becoming a petri dish of hoaxers. I can't wait for 9/11, the number Pi and climate change to come into these fools' focus.

I must say, it's quite funny to see a bunch of loonies trying very carefuly to not disagree with each other's delusions.

bunch of loonies? lol, you don't even know me, hence this smells like a projection.

Not to disagree? Hmmm you don't even read the postings, do you?
I understand that. Won't only hurt your eyes but your brain as well.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 08:33 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
But, as I see it, EVERYTHING is consciousness.

Do you see consciousness as an emergent property or what?

Quote:
And as I have written before, there is soooo much wong with the 'sciences'
I mentioned.

Can you describe the fundamental thing that is wrong?

I see most of science as just reverse engineering of what exists. Whether it came about naturally or was created by some intelligence makes not a whit of difference as far as our material existence goes. The various formulas and models describing how material and energy interact do work for the purposes used for. To deny that is to deny reality. Doesn’t even matter if it’s all a simulation, it works in the simulation.

But leaving materialism aside, are you happy to exist in the simulation (if that true) or not? Do you think there is a way out or what? What do you want to change about it?

OldGrumpy

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 09:47 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Do you see consciousness as an emergent property or what?"

I don't understand what you mean here.

Quote:
"Can you describe the fundamental thing that is wrong?"

fundamental thing? No, sorry, nearly everything is wrong, like the things I wrote, but this is not the thread for it (imho), but I have another thread about that nothing really came from physics.

Quote:
The various formulas and models describing how material and energy interact do work for the purposes used for.

sooo much to say about this one, but is a whole research field by itself,
let's say for now that science and technology are used, wrongly, as the same thing. They are absolutely not.

Quote:
But leaving materialism aside, are you happy to exist in the simulation (if that true) or not? Do you think there is a way out or what? What do you want to change about it?

Happy? what a difficult question, It isn't as simple as that. We are all multidimensional beings, but we are kind of 'boxed' in in this simulation,
hence we don't experience real freedom. Yes there are ways out.

Leadfoot

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:04 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
Leadfoot Quote:
“Do you see consciousness as an emergent property or what?"

I don't understand what you mean here.

In other words, did 'everything' develop consciousness on its own or was it imparted from something else?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:07 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
I have another thread about that nothing really came from physics.

Couldn’t find it. Got a name or link?
cicerone imposter

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:10 am
@Leadfoot,
Physics gave us knowledge about our environment.
coldjoint

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:31 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

The sun rising and setting gave us the same.
coluber2001

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:47 am
Non-dualistically, there is no conflict between science and religion. I think of science as prose and religion or spirituality as poetry. You create a problem when you start trying to interpret poetry literally or prosaically. That's just killing the spirit. Myth is poetry and taking myth literally is just killing the poetry and the spirit of life.

Spirituality is the link between our inner life and the rest of nature and the universe. To deny spirituality is to embrace egocentrism. To deny evolution is also to deny spirituality and naturalism in favor of supernaturalism and spiritual materialism.

The discovery of evolution saved us from the slavery of a mind limited by the concept of a supernatural and allowed us the freedom to perceive nature and the universe as an intelligent, functioning system. We are nature and the universe witnessing itself.
cicerone imposter

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 11:00 am
@coluber2001,
I disagree. Religion is mythology with no reality of heaven or hell. There are too many contradictions, omissions, and errors in the Bible to take it seriously. Homo sapiens evolved from the primate family, and have existed for only 200,000 years while planet earth has been around for over 4.5 billion years. There are thousands of religions created by men in many different cultures and countries. Religion is an accident of birth. A child becomes ingrained in the religion of their parents generation after generation. Why are most people born in Rome catholics? Why are most people born in the Far East, Buddhist? Why are most people born in the US Christians? Religious belief is based on the cultural and parent's beliefs.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 11:01 am
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:
We are nature and the universe witnessing itself.
That quote seems familiar. Did you borrow that from someone famous?
MontereyJack

Fri 10 Aug, 2018 11:01 am
@coldjoint,
It
Quote:

The sun rising and setting gave us the same.

It clearly didn't give you knowledge if you think the asun rises and sets. rather than the earth revolves and the sun just sits there.