Why do people deny evolution?

OldGrumpy

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 06:38 am
@Olivier5,
No what?

Olivier5

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 06:52 am
@OldGrumpy,
No, you don't adapt, therefore you will die here, as an a2k poster I mean.
OldGrumpy

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 06:56 am
@Olivier5,
oh wow! look!

just one short question and just look at the extreme bizar reactions.

must be something I wrote!

come on mate just answer the question, come on you can do it.
Leadfoot

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 09:16 am
@bunnyhabit ,
Quote:
all religious believers equate evolution with atheism. hence reject as anti religious.

You wouldn’t be over generalizing would you?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 09:26 am
@OldGrumpy,
I see once again the Neo Evolutionists asked for the reasons why one might deny evolution and when someone offers to go into it step by step, the cowardly bastards respond with nothing but jeers and insults. Kind of reaffirms my opinion of this bullshit society we live in.
OldGrumpy

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 09:34 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
I see once again the Neo Evolutionists asked for the reasons why one might deny evolution and when someone offers to go into it step by step, the cowardly bastards respond with nothing but jeers and insults. Kind of reaffirms my opinion of this bullshit society we live in.

Yep, well, as one said once,

http://www.quotesvalley.com/images/31/in-a-time-of-deceit-telling-the-truth-is-a-revolutionary-act.jpg

But ah well, I give them another change:
Quote:

Do you agree that

0 < P(M1) <1 &

0< P(M2) <1 ?

follow so far?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 10:11 am
@Leadfoot,
Old Fart is a troll. He's got nothing to say. You're just a fool. We can see the difference.
Leadfoot

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 10:24 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Old Fart is a troll. He's got nothing to say. You're just a fool. We can see the difference.

Thank you for proving my point. Again.
Olivier5

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 10:31 am
@Leadfoot,
Oh you had a point, other than ad hominems?
Leadfoot

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 10:38 am
@Olivier5,
The point is you are one of those cowardly bastards who demand evidence and then refuse to engage with it when presented.
Olivier5

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 10:54 am
@Leadfoot,
Old Fart is just asking a question that has already been answered. He's waiting for our permission to proceed with his 'argument', so he's a coward alright. As for you, you keep dodging farmer's and my points, so you're a coward too.
Olivier5

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 11:02 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
I found your idea that some god would....

Holy **** man, I’ve been talking about the hypothesis that the universe and life were intelligently designed. If you want to talk about god/God/religion/etc., we can go there if you want, but I was just getting into this.

See? That's the dodge of a coward. "God" is just another word for "intelligent designer of the universe".
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 11:33 am
@Leadfoot,
What evidence? He's gone from writing barely coherent English to posting equations. MJ who knows a bit about maths has called him out on it, to whit he has no argument at all.

You're a bit monomaniacal about this, Oliver, FM and I all post on other threads about other topics but, as you've admitted, you're only really interested in this.

Fair enough, but you need to realise most people aren't that bothered, and if you had real proof you'd have published a scientific peer reviewed paper and it would be on the news.

The problem is that so many people who question evolution are rather unsavoury characters who believe a load of other really nasty stuff. You took a very long time to condemn Srebrenica, and only after I said that you didn't have to take my word that Gunga was a denier.

Similarly with Grumpy, he's clearly off his bloody nut, and has started a thread supporting Nazi scum Alex Jones, but you go along with what he says because you're on the same side of the fence re evolution. Do you think having such odious bedfellows is brave and principled or might it be just a teensy bit cowardly because you don't want to feel isolated?
OldGrumpy

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 11:37 am
Do you agree that

0 < P(M1) <1 &

0< P(M2) <1 ?

follow so far?
Leadfoot

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 11:51 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
Do you agree that

0 < P(M1) <1 &

0< P(M2) <1 ?

follow so far?

The math and facts are correct so far.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 12:05 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
As for you, you keep dodging farmer's and my points, so you're a coward too.

That is patently false. I accepted farmer's challenge long ago (on various threads, mainly the ID one) and when it comes to a point where it doesn't look good for his argument he immediately launches into the same **** you and others have shown here - Jeers of 'Oh that's just Creationist crap' or words to that effect.

THAT is why I refuse to engage that particular coward again because he violated the agreement to keep it to non religious arguments.

OG is presenting the very beginning of a statistical analysis that is applicable to both abiogenesis or evolution. That is essentially the same argument I was presenting to farmerman long ago. If farmer wants to engage with it now, let him. So far, no one has had the guts to do anything with it but name calling without justification.
OldGrumpy

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 12:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Similarly with Grumpy, he's clearly off his bloody nut, and has started a thread supporting Nazi scum Alex Jones,

Well, you just showed yo u really, really, really don't understand a word I wrote,
because I didn't defend 'Nazi scum Alex Jones" at all!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 12:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
What evidence? He's gone from writing barely coherent English to posting equations. MJ who knows a bit about maths has called him out on it, to whit he has no argument at all.

Wait a ******* minute. OG first presented his contention that macro evolution was wrong. He uses colloquialisms but so what? That has no impact on his math argument. I haven't seen MJ's (or anyone elses) counter argument here.

Quote:
You're a bit monomaniacal about this, Oliver, FM and I all post on other threads about other topics but, as you've admitted, you're only really interested in this.

Fair enough, but you need to realise most people aren't that bothered, and if you had real proof you'd have published a scientific peer reviewed paper and it would be on the news.

I have cited and quoted many peer reviewed papers to support my arguments. Farmer just blows them off with **** like 'well, those particular scientists are out at the fringe' or similar crap.

Quote:
The problem is that so many people who question evolution are rather unsavoury characters who believe a load of other really nasty stuff. You took a very long time to condemn Srebrenica, and only after I said that you didn't have to take my word that Gunga was a denier.

That is of no significance to this argument. MANY well respected scientists have views not in their field which are pure crazy. Tesla for example. I'm sure Dr. Mengele was a competent doctor, but he was ******* crazy. I'm only talking about what people say in this argument. I can't be expected to research what everyone says in other threads and times. I never heard of OG before other than on this thread.

Quote:
Similarly with Grumpy, he's clearly off his bloody nut, and has started a thread supporting Nazi scum Alex Jones, but you go along with what he says because you're on the same side of the fence re evolution. Do you think having such odious bedfellows is brave and principled or might it be just a teensy bit cowardly because you don't want to feel isolated?

Again, I know nothing about OG other than what he has written on this thread. He writes like he talks, I tend to do that as well. Why should that be a factor in this argument?

MontereyJack

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 12:48 pm
@Leadfoot,
Ii probably. Know.more stats than him. His argumentstarted like a reststement of debunked haldanes dililemmaehich it always is. No bulllshit baby stteps..make some actual points grump ot sohutp up.
OldGrumpy

Wed 8 Aug, 2018 12:51 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Ii probably. Know.more stats than him.

Nope, because if you really did you would have found out very easily
that evolution is statistical impossible.

AND if you are soooo damned good at it, well, answer my question.

Won't hurt.