Why do people deny evolution?

OldGrumpy

Wed 1 Aug, 2018 11:52 pm
@Olivier5,
They still are! They 'believe' on the gospel fo 'scientific materialism"

Olivier5

Wed 1 Aug, 2018 11:53 pm
@OldGrumpy,
No, they just believe in some god or another...
OldGrumpy

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 12:01 am
@Olivier5,
I am talking about nowadays 'scientist'.

'science'' is really nothing more then a thinly disguised religion.

But I love reading their 'versus' in their 'scientific journals',

alway a delight if one is in need of some good humor.

Olivier5

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 01:00 am
@OldGrumpy,
Nowadays scientists are not essentially different. And what is it to you if a few of them consider themselves non-believers? Any skin off your nose?

What about the religious feelings of milkmen or acupuncturists? Do they matter to you that much?

0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 01:12 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

and yes, 'science' reject gods and such thing from the beginning.

Very clear to see.

Only to those with a substandard education. From the beginning scientists assumed they would be confirming religious 'truths.' They didn't want to contradict the teachings of the church which was incredibly powerful. Facts said otherwise, and they decided to go with the truth. Galileo was tried by the inquisition and forced to recant the fact that the Earth went round the Sun.

It's blinding obvious to all but the extremely ignorant
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 01:19 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

I am talking about nowadays 'scientist'.

OldGrumpy wrote:

and yes, 'science' reject gods and such thing from the beginning.

Very clear to see.

You really do struggle with basic English don't you. No wonder all this stuff shoots over your head.

0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 02:05 am
@OldGrumpy,
Once "Divine Foot" is in the door, then all research basically stops. When something has no way of being disproved, it aint science , its mythology and Faith dependent. When did any "Creation SCientists" actually come up with anything???
Name just 1.

"Common Sense" is where a path of evidence leads to a possible answer and nothing refutes that answer. (Thats sorta what science does that religious beliefs cannot)
I notice that you too claim that youve got real evidence on your plate that supports your belief system. Like all the others, you need to present it rather than jut claiming that youve got it. DOnt try to make a point with just ppointless cleverness.You need some science facts on your side.(Science Facts are that which can be viewed by others , can be tested,repeated, and are falsifiable in themselves)
OldGrumpy

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 02:29 am
So, people here clearly don't want to see that the whole of evolution shite is

biased from the beginning! ?

But do they care? of course not, just call a thing 'science' and they have an orgasm, even when it isn't science, only called 'science'.

Ah well, 'science' (like evo-lotion! (I know, I know )is getting obsolete by the day. As it should

0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 02:39 am
@farmerman,
PS, when you engage Llewontin' critique of Carl Sagan' hortatory style to prove that "Science has delivered the goods", I get a kick out of it coming from a Creationist "no belief except my belief is valid"

Lewontin is, on th other hand exhorting against the "know it all" attitude of Sgan while still rcognizing that the only way e can moe foroward is by teps that hav us going backward several steps at various times. Noone in cience should discount that fact. Weve had a jolly discussion herein (o maybe anothr board) about Gould's and Lwontins
"Spandrels of San Marco" . Where He and Gould use this wholly impressive analogy to make a point about associated phenotypic changes that evolv along with essential ones. (basically some phenotypic evolved changes have a purpose and others, usually "riding along" while offering no reproductive advantage).
The funny thing was that THEN in the early 1990's, we had little idea about these "spandrels" .Today, with what weve been doing in uncovering other genetic facts, we have a much better idea. ( News lines are admonished to no longer announce that weve got a CURE for some kind of cancer, but we do say that something " THIS May be promising" based on prelim testing).

Spandrels hav come and gone as a breakthrough so, like most anything you Creationist dudes present, it appears that your possibly at least 25 years out of date(usually more) .

You guys still have a hard-on against natural selection eh?
OldGrumpy

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 02:46 am
@farmerman,
The stupid thing you do is assuming from the start I am a creationist. I am not.
this is your black and white thinking interfering.

So, you have a HUGE bias here, please fix that first before spouting your gobbledygook here.
farmerman

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 03:00 am
@OldGrumpy,
You are an IDiot/Creationist who are typically science deniers . Either that or youre a poor stand up comedian whose trying out his act (hint: keep your job dishwashing at Red Lobster).

What do you call yourself when you base your beliefs on Creationist "science" and insert snippets of scripture??

OldGrumpy

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 03:08 am
@farmerman,
wow, you sound like a very angry old man, now, are you?

Let's see now, I am an idiot , creationist, science denier, poor stand up comedian, dishwasher,,

wow, something must make you really pissed here. I am neither of the above I just point to the enormous faults and bias in 'science'. Seems to be forbidden by you. Now I wonder why is that?

And where, in gods'name (lol), did I put snippets of scripture in?

Now this might be too tough for you but may I ask you to stay on topic?

You seem to digress a lot.
izzythepush

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 03:21 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

Let's see now, I am an idiot ,

I am neither of the above

Your poorly written and in some places confused, garbled and contradictory posts indicate that you are.

I'm not surprised FM is pissed off, he spends an enormous amount of time setting out evidence and explaining things only for some idiot to come along and demand he does it all over again.
OldGrumpy

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 03:27 am
@izzythepush,
well no, he doesn't have too, nobody asks him to do these idiot things.
And is he really that much in victim mode? I hope not. Wink

and yes, of course I am confused, that whole thing called ; evolotion', doesn't make any sense at all.

Oh btw why all the ad hominems or just venting your agression? lol

izzythepush

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 03:58 am
@OldGrumpy,
I can see that atavism is more your thing.

You're talking to me on a computer, so why don't you explain how your computer works, how it can turn code into moving images?

If you can do that you might be able to understand QM.
izzythepush

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 04:00 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

Oh btw why all the ad hominems or just venting your agression? lol

I don't like stupid people who demand that people take their stupidity seriously.

Pointing out your appalling English is not an ad hom. It's symptomatic of your inability to understand things.

Is English your second language?
OldGrumpy

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 04:02 am
@izzythepush,
you are shifting towards QM, I won't fall for that, if you are really interested open a new thread.

OldGrumpy

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 04:03 am
@izzythepush,
any excuse you take for not answering my question.

0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 04:04 am
atavism?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 2 Aug, 2018 04:05 am
@OldGrumpy,
I'm done here. When you can construct a basic sentence I might talk to you, but until then I've got much better things to do with my time than waste it on someone with your limited language skills.