Why do people deny evolution?

Quehoniaomath

Mon 19 Oct, 2015 11:24 pm
@Briancrc,
Quote:
Have you addressed the 29 "evidences" for macroevolution yet?

They are wrong, that is, as evidence for macro evolution

Have you crtically looked at it yourself?

Now, about that evidence....
Quehoniaomath

Mon 19 Oct, 2015 11:25 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So you continue to argue that no one can count to 1,000,000 because you only have evidence they can count to 10.

How many micro evolution steps does it take to get to macro evolution? 10? 100? 1,000? 10,000? 1,000,000?

wrong analogy

and btw how about the evidence?
martinies

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 05:00 am
@Quehoniaomath,
The main jumps in evolution took place near the starting piont of life and they reduce by the square of time elapsed. Its like radiation its reduced by the square of time and space. Everything in exitance has dimensionale aspect for the tenth.
0 Replies

Briancrc

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 05:44 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
They are wrong,

Wow! and it only took a week to come up with that response!
Quehoniaomath

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 07:27 am
@Briancrc,
I read carefully! Wink

lol
0 Replies

parados

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 07:31 am
@Joe Sixpack,
Joe Sixpack wrote:

parados wrote:
So there is evidence of evolution then. That means you are simply arguing that evolution can't occur often enough to cause new species
Big difference.
Real big.

I suppose a billion years is big.
Quehoniaomath

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 08:15 am
@parados,
Quote:
I suppose a billion years is big.

No. IMPOSSIBLE!
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 11:34 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
. . . . I suppose a billion years is big.
Why yes.
The problem arises with the additional years added whenever the inadequacy of evidence for speciation becomes an embarrassment.
neologist

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 12:20 pm
@InfraBlue,
Folks would actually have to think about it.
0 Replies

FBM

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 05:58 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

parados wrote:
. . . . I suppose a billion years is big.
Why yes.
The problem arises with the additional years added whenever the inadequacy of evidence for speciation becomes an embarrassment.

I hadn't picked you for one that would fall for the g0d-of-the-gaps approach. Specifically where do you see a lack of evidence for speciation? There's a ****-ton of empirical evidence for it, especially when compared to the purely speculative arguments presented for a divine creator.
neologist

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 11:57 pm
@FBM,
For starters:

Try to explain the evolution of the blowhole without drowning your 'links'.
neologist

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 12:16 am
@FBM,
Go back to page 16 of this thread if you wish to see the battlefield.
Quehoniaomath

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 12:42 am
why bother?

science is just another religion. Hence, evolution is a religion!

Hence, all bollocks!
martinies

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 02:26 am
@Quehoniaomath,
God and time are one in the same and time as relative timing controls the evolution of everything.
FBM

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 03:39 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

For starters:

Try to explain the evolution of the blowhole without drowning your 'links'.

Which blowhole? How are links drowned?
0 Replies

FBM

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 03:44 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Go back to page 16 of this thread if you wish to see the battlefield.

OK, I did that and saw that the question was summarily dealt with, and not to your favor. Now what?
FBM

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 05:57 am
@neologist,
There are photos and illustration at the link: http://www.pandasthumb.org/archives/2008/03/whale-evolution.html

Quote:
Whale evolution: The blowhole
By PvM on March 18, 2008 10:48 PM | 204 Comments
The evolution of the blowhole in whales, which according to the fossil evidence moved from the tip to the vertex of the head, has caused some concerns amongst our creationist readers who wonder how such a feat could have taken place.

From Milan Klima, Development of the Cetacean Nasal Skull 1999 Springer

The fact that the cetacean nose moved, in the course of evolution, from the tip of the rostrum up to the vertex of the head, is among the most perfect of adaptations to aquatic life. In this and many other special adaptations of their morphology and physiology, cetaceans surpass most primarily aquatic animals even though they themselves have developed from land mammals that breathe with lungs, and have only secondarily conquered the aquatic environment. To a certain extent, cetaceans can be considered to be the most successful group of aquatic animals of all time.

Conclusive paleontological evidence shows the way in which the nasal openings were moved in the course of phylogeny (see Kellogg 1928; Slijper 1962; Gaskin 1976; Oelschlager 1978, 1987, 1990; Moore 1981). That this evolutionary process is repeated in a way during ontogeny became obvious through external observations on embryos and fetuses (Kukenthal 1893). At the earliest embryonic stages the nasal openings are still situated at the rostra tip like those of land mammals; they are gradually shifted more and more towards the vertex of the head at the older stages. At the same time, a long rost rum with narrow jaws develops. Until recently, practically nothing was known about the morphogenetic processes concealed in this metamorphosis, about what cranial structures take part in it, and about the exact way in which the cetacean skull becomes transformed during embryogeny.
From Digital Library of Dolphin Development coordinated and spearheaded by the Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine we find the following images:

94594llat3.jpg 94670vent.jpg 94607llt.jpg
Embryo LACM 94594 Fetus LACM 94670 Fetus LACM 94607
In most mammals, the nose opening is located near the tip of the snout. In modern dolphins, on the other hand, it is located on the top of the head, above the eyes. It is called the blowhole.

In development, the nose opening shifts from the tip of the snout (arrow in left embryo) to its position on top of the head.

Ancestral whales also have their nose opening near the tip of the snout, and the shift to the forehead is documented evolutionarily by fossils.
Edward Babinski has some good pages

nasal_drift.gif

Nasal Drift in Early Whales Whales breathed with more ease when they no longer had to lift a snout above water. The nostrils migrated upward toward the top of their head, as ancient whales spent more time immersed in the water. Blowholes help to distinguish modern forms of whales. While toothed whales generally have one hole, baleens are split into two. Fig 1. Pakicetus Fig 2. Rodhocetus nostrils were higher on the skull, intermediate between its ancestors and modern whales. Fig 3. A modern gray whale can emerge from the water, inhale and resubmerge without stopping or tilting its snout to breathe.
0 Replies

martinies

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 06:28 am
@FBM,
Everybody knows evolution is true. 5% dont and 5% would not agree 1+1 =2.Thats not the argument. Why dont people exept it is the argument. Its because it threatens there faith in god that is why people deny it. The ins and outs of evolution is ego woffle to the question asked.
Quehoniaomath

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 06:58 am
@martinies,
Nonsense!

I have no faith in any god. I deny the bullocks theory because of lack of evidence.

Why is that so hard fro people?
parados

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 08:38 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Nonsense!

I have no faith in any god. I deny the bullocks theory because of lack of evidence.

Why is that so hard fro people?

Because there is no evidence that you are denying it for lack of evidence. Where is your evidence? I see none. All you do is spout nonsense without any evidence of why you deny the theory.

Twisted Evil