Why do people deny evolution?

Quehoniaomath

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 12:22 pm
@Briancrc,
Quote:
You failed to address each of these
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

btw have you yourself read the whole article?
I guess not:

Quote:
“science can never establish ‘truth’ or ‘fact’ in the sense that a scientific statement can be made that is formally beyond question.”
martinies

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 02:38 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Que I feel there is good purpose in your will full ingnorance. Maybe you are above such trifling stuff as evolution if so I tend to agree with you that it is a bore.
Ragman

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 03:05 pm
Rolling Eyes
Briancrc

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:51 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
btw have you yourself read the whole article?
I guess not:

Quote:
“science can never establish ‘truth’ or ‘fact’ in the sense that a scientific statement can be made that is formally beyond question.”

I have. What's your point?
Quehoniaomath

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 11:17 pm
@martinies,
Quote:
Que I feel there is good purpose in your will full ingnorance. Maybe you are above such trifling stuff as evolution if so I tend to agree with you that it is a bore.

willfull ignorannce? Why do you think that? btw it is an Ad Hominem.

There, very simply, is NO EVIDENCE for macro evolution. Period.

what is ignorant about that?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 11:18 pm
@Briancrc,
Quote:
I have. What's your point?

nevermind.
0 Replies

martinies

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:27 am
@Ragman,
Everything in existance is designed by its relativeness to other things in existance. Difference is the cause of relative design. Relativeness in existance is nonlocal. Consciousness is nonlocality as relativeness.
Ragman

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 06:29 am
@martinies,
Irrelevance and constant repetition don't add any clarity to your message.
martinies

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 10:38 am
@Ragman,
Put it in terms of taoism the ancient chinese philosophy. Tao the unmoving thing is the flux or relativeness in the yin and yan changing thing
Ragman

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 11:08 am
@martinies,
Herein lies your problem. Evolution is not and should not be a philosophical issue. Evolution occurs regardless of your religion or personal philosophy. To make it part of a philosophical debate is to engage in obfuscation.

Quote:
yin and yan changing thing

BTW, the phrase is 'yin and yang'.
Quehoniaomath

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:09 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Evolution occurs regardless of your religion or personal philosophy.

which evolution? micro or macro? macro doesn't exist.
coldjoint

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:12 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
which evolution? micro or macro? macro doesn't exist.

Ragman is trolling. Something the hot shots here constantly complain about. You should ignore him. Just saying.
Quehoniaomath

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:14 pm
@coldjoint,
ok thanks for the warning
0 Replies

Ragman

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:24 pm
@coldjoint,
I'm not trolling. Do you understand what trolling means? One cannot be accused of trolling when stating a fact.

A troll would be, as an example, if I called you an anti-intellectual, or Luddite, or a dullard.

My comment was directed to Martinis. Why would you offer advice to Queball or anyone else, for that matter?

Of course, feel free to ignore me...but try harder to make sense and use logic.
MontereyJack

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:25 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Of course macro exists. Evolution is evolution- Try telling the next ausrralopithecine you meet walking down the street that macro doesn't exist and she'll laugh herself silly at your naivete. Then she'll probably kill you.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:28 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Do you understand what trolling means?

Let's see, here it means disagreeing with liberals and progressives.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:29 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Why would you offer advice to Queball or anyone else, for that matter?

How about because I can.
MontereyJack

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:47 pm
@coldjoint,
Of course he'd be a
Fool to take it
0 Replies

martinies

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:48 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman the question asked is why do people deny evolution and reason they do in the main deny evolution is because it threatens there belief in god.. so how can god and evolution both be true as I believe they are. Taoism which is in my view correctly describes how the universe is made by way of nonlocal relative design. Tao being nonlocal and the yin and yang being locality in flux. The flux being tao the designer. So basical things design them selves by relativity or deference. Difference being the nonlocal tao.
martinies

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 01:51 pm
@martinies,
Difference being the tenth dimension or nonlocality to the other dimensions. The difference is the creator.