Why do people deny evolution?

MontereyJack

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 10:44 am
@coldjoint,
No. Big fingers on small phone keyboard wth small screen. Whats yorur excuse?
Quote:
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 10:45 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
O did. I vvsn. I have. You lie. And you believe the most cokamamie budllshit instead os sound science.

You can say all kind of weird things, I don't care.

But as long as I haven't seen any evidence......no (macro) evolution exist.
MontereyJack

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 10:47 am
@Quehoniaomath,
What you believe has nothing to do with fact.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 10:48 am
@Briancrc,
Quote:
Not to seem glib, because that is not my intent, but why do you think anyone should care about your opinion?

Duh? my opinion? I don't care what people think of my opinion.
What has that to do with anything?

Quote:
The evidence has been coming in for the better part of 15o years. Scientists across disciplines have been evaluating it and revising opinions about it. To say that this has not been happening is a fantasy that you have concocted and is 100% meaningless.

Well, ok, mate, bring it on! What is holding you back?
Lack of evidence?
Briancrc

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 11:27 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
Duh? my opinion? I don't care what people think of my opinion.
What has that to do with anything?

We are in agreement. Your opinion has nothing to do with the evidence or how to judge it.

Quote:
Well, ok, mate, bring it on! What is holding you back?

I don't know what this is. Maybe you feel that you are engaging in a spiritual battle. Which, IMHO, is wasted energy. This is not an argument about scientific evidence. Even your position says as much. To get to the original question of the thread, people's denial of evolution is typically (not always) informed by christian conservatism. There is a perception that something big could be lost if evolution is correct (e.g., salvation, seeing loved ones after death, etc.).
For scientists, there is no denial. The broad-picture pattern and process of evolution is rock solid. When there are disagreements about details, then those who feel that their world view has been threatened by evolution seize upon the arguments made and try to convince non-scientists that there is no evidence for evolution. With respect to the core principles of evolution this is nothing more than irrelevant noise.
Quehoniaomath

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 11:33 am
@Briancrc,
Quote:
I don't know what this is. Maybe you feel that you are engaging in a spiritual battle. Which, IMHO, is wasted energy. This is not an argument about scientific evidence. Even your position says as much. To get to the original question of the thread, people's denial of evolution is typically (not always) informed by christian conservatism. There is a perception that something big could be lost if evolution is correct (e.g., salvation, seeing loved ones after death, etc.).
For scientists, there is no denial. The broad-picture pattern and process of evolution is rock solid. When there are disagreements about details, then those who feel that their world view has been threatened by evolution seize upon the arguments made and try to convince non-scientists that there is no evidence for evolution. With respect to the core principles of evolution this is nothing more than irrelevant noise.

Just an Ad Hominem, mate.

First of all, if you had read my postings, you would know this has nothing to with spirituality or christianity for me. But I do understand you have to think that in order to keep your faith in tact.

For me it is only, about the evidence. or better the lack of evidence.

Now, why don't you bring evidence to the table?

You really don't

You are giving me your conviction that scientists are saying (macro)evolution is right.
But you are not giving any evidence for it! Only the EMPTY WORDS of some scientists.

Now, mate, get the evidence!
Briancrc

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 11:44 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Wrong again. I said some people. I didn't say you. Just questioned. Now you've made it clear that your position is not informed by religious ideology.

Quote:
Now, why don't you bring evidence to the table?

Irrelevant.
Quehoniaomath

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 11:55 am
@Briancrc,
Quote:
Wrong again. I said some people. I didn't say you. Just questioned. Now you've made it clear that your position is not informed by religious ideology.

ok, that is clear then

Quote:
Irrelevant

Excuse me?????????
Since when is evidence irrelvant.

I do understand that if you have none, this should be your position.

Posting after posting I am asking for evidence.

NO ONE brings it on. Now, isn't that telling something?
Briancrc

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 12:52 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

It's irrelevant that you reject that these have been presented across large numbers of posts. It has nothing to do with the question that was asked. If you want a "what's the evidence of evolution"? thread, then why not do as you advise others to do and start one?
Quehoniaomath

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 01:02 pm
@Briancrc,
Quote:
It's irrelevant that you reject that these have been presented across large numbers of posts. It has nothing to do with the question that was asked. If you want a "what's the evidence of evolution"? thread, then why not do as you advise others to do and start one?

It has not been presented.

Very strange that if I ask for some evidence no one can deliver, including you.

And of course it it relevant! lol

I don't believe in macro evolution because there is no evidence!

Where is this not related to this topic?

The topic is "Why do people deny evolution? " I expain why I do reject macro evolution. Because of lack of evidence.

You seem to be in some kind of fog about these things.

It is crystal clear. No evidence no macro evolution.

What is not to understand about that?

Briancrc

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 07:21 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
No evidence no macro evolution.

You failed to address each of these
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
Quehoniaomath

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 11:18 pm
@Briancrc,
yes, your right, I missed that one.

I will adress some flaws in it.
martinies

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 01:27 am
@Quehoniaomath,
There are 115000 species of ants in the present day they all must have evolved from a single species. Some ants have been found in 250million year old amber.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 02:31 am
@martinies,
Quote:
There are 115000 species of ants in the present day they all must have evolved from a single species. Some ants have been found in 250million year old amber.

Yep, you are ilustrating my point exactly! . THEY STILL ARE ANTS.

Like a lot of people here, you are confusing micro with macro evolution.

Besides, mathematical statistics will show you the impossibility of macro-evolution.

The whole thing is rather hilarious.
martinies

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 03:17 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Yeah I know im laffin to.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 03:22 am
@martinies,
sorry?
martinies

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 05:10 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Interesting thing is ant relative swarms make decisions as swarms. The swarm decisions got them where they are today with 115000 species. Just relative design in action.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 07:26 am
@martinies,
Quote:
Interesting thing is ant relative swarms make decisions as swarms. The swarm decisions got them where they are today with 115000 species. Just relative design in action.

But they are still ants, right?
martinies

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 09:52 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Yeah thats right they are still ants but wasps n bees form changed out of the origional ant species by relative design. Relative design learns.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 12:04 pm
@martinies,
then you have to prove that.
0 Replies