Fri 3 Jan, 2014 06:52 pm
@Setanta,
Nice knowledge Setanta.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 01:56 am
@Kolyo,
Evolution is not a "belief".

Stalin believed in evolution? Do you know how many mass murderers and war-mongering leaders were of a religious background?

In any case, evolution has nothing to do with Marxism and everything to do with science. Again, science doesn't care whether you think it's nice to believe in evolution or not. We interpret the evidence and that's it. Enjoy your flu-shot.
parados

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 10:21 am
@spendius,
Sad Spendi. Don't you think you should review the entire work rather than just the first sentence? You left out the comparison in your review of my post.

Young blokes looking for women are more likely to find them than old men drinking in the pub with other blokes who merely talk about rumpy pumpy was the thrust of my post. You completely ignored the theme which is poor critical analysis.
spendius

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 11:08 am
@parados,
Look mate--old blokes drinking in the pub have done with rumpy-pumping. Most of them regret ever having got started in the first place. Looking for women is the last thing they think about.

The young blokes looking for women are considered quite amusing actually. The old blokes might well say that if accepting evolution causes blokes to look for women then it is a very good reason, perhaps the best one, to deny it.

We do occasionally see an old bloke looking for women and it is agreed that they make a very undignified and pathetic spectacle of themselves. We have seen them actually having conversations with women. The old blokes just send a steady supply of drinks over to the woman who has barnacled herself onto to them in their younger days where she has been parked with the other barnacles at a table.

As for offspring, my impression is that the old blokes are at the top of the list and visit pubs to find solace from the resultant woes, trials and tribulations. Once a year some of them send their barnacles to Benidorm, or some similar dump, with "the girls", for longer term relief and to bring back rolling tobacco where the duty is less of a daylight robbery than it is here. With the cheap flights and the bargain hotels a profit can be made.

anonymously99stwin

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 11:56 am
@spendius,
Love my teachers here.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 11:57 am
@parados,
I suppose that we really ought to define the term "looking for womem" now that there are so many women advertising their services. The latest craze is with no strings attached and no charges.

I think that the wide acceptance of evolution might result in men charging and acting all petulant and shy and all.
anonymously99stwin

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 12:02 pm
@spendius,
Spendius wrote:
"I suppose that we really ought to define the term "looking for womem" now that there are so many women advertising their services.
The latest craze is with no strings attached and no charges."

Anon wrote:
Men actually do the same thing.
I know of several. Personally.
0 Replies

parados

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 12:51 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Look mate--old blokes drinking in the pub have done with rumpy-pumping. Most of them regret ever having got started in the first place. Looking for women is the last thing they think about.

They usually spend time whining how kids don't think like they do and how the world would be a better place if they did. It's a pretty meaningless existence because the world will move on while you sit in the pub.
anonymously99stwin

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 01:06 pm
@parados,
Kids, children aren't meant for everyone. May have something to do with patience. Or maybe like myself just a really hateful individual. Yeah I don't know why. Happens to be the way it is.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 03:25 pm
@parados,
Quote:
It's a pretty meaningless existence because the world will move on while you sit in the pub.

Moving on to where? Things might get better if everybody sat in pubs. They are like little cocoons floating through space on good nights. More than once I have experienced being a bit astonished when going outside that there was such a thing as outside.

I suppose you must be one of those people who never finds consciousness somewhat tiresome. Half the activities of the human race are attempts to overcome the pain of consciousness. Maybe more.

The inside of a cathedral is designed to fracture consciousness. Going outside after a long High Mass with orchestra and choir is like a fall from grace. But not for those who give the finger to Mr Tambourine man when he casts his dancing spell their way rather than being ready to go under it.

Animals seek drug plants. The pleasure of diminishing consciousness is always going to be attacked by puritans. Pleasure is their Devil.

As Dean Martin once said--"Imagine waking up in a morning and this is the best you're going to feel all day."

Maybe pubs are a place to practice diminished consciousness so that it easier to do at other times. Such as when reading Mansfield Park. It doesn't take me long to tell the difference between somebody who read a good book in a state of diminished consciousness and somebody who had read it with their consciousness on full blatter and sticking its nose into places it was not wanted by the author.

People who read science books in order to make a career in science generally know nothing about science except a raft of disconnected facts. Or what they think are facts.

And pub regulars can get things done for them which cost water-drinkers a lot of dough and get them done properly. I was once given an expensive pair of specs. by a bloke leaning on the bar, who was getting some new ones. when I found I could read the strips on the telly with them. A drink was all he would take. A couple of tons of cow manure every year. Not to mention the shagging.

A beer coat is an invisible garment which protects you from bruising and scratches when an uneven bit of ground or an unseen obstruction trips you up.

Supermarkets are laid out to allow the customers to dream walk.

Psychotropic plants have been sought by humans since I don't know when.

Let the world move on.
spendius

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 03:30 pm
@spendius,
It looks like the destination is its own asshole.
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 03:42 pm
@spendius,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqds0B_meys&feature=youtube_gdata_player
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 05:43 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
People who read science books in order to make a career in science generally know nothing about science except a raft of disconnected facts. Or what they think are facts.

Yet you consistently show that you lack fundamental understanding of science.
Kolyo

Sat 4 Jan, 2014 11:18 pm
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:

In any case, evolution has nothing to do with Marxism

Wrong. It has everything to do with Marxism. It's taught in public schools isn't it? Rolling Eyes

Quote:

Enjoy your flu-shot.

I certainly will not.

Flu shots were introduced by feminazis to emasculate American men by robbing us of the character one builds by suffering through the flu.

They are essentially a Wiccan protection spell that prevents the flu bacteria from entering our blood.
I don't need no goddamn witchcraft protection spell against flu.
I have a strong immune system and my faith in Christ to help me battle flu if I get it.
anonymously99stwin

Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:27 am
@Kolyo,
At first, I had thought your picture was of a frog.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Sun 5 Jan, 2014 02:11 am
@Kolyo,
Nice trolling.
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:20 pm
@JimmyJ,
Quote:
Yet you consistently show that you lack fundamental understanding of science.

You consistently show that you can't even speak English properly or know how to engage in a discussion. Otherwise you would not pass such a judgement without defining "fundamental understanding" and "science".

That you assume that everybody knows what those terms mean is nothing but cast iron evidence of your swollen ego and control freakery which are the precise characteristics that a denial of evolution intends to prevent coming to power and ruling over us by using esoteric mumbo-jumbo that few of us understand.

"Moron" is not all that far removed from "reactionary filth" which was the term used by Kin Jong Twato to justify to the N. Korean people his having his uncle summarily shot.

If you can't define those terms you used then it is a simple fact that your statement is nothing but brain fart. And brain fart you insist we all have to have a sniff at.

You wouldn't want yourself in charge never mind us.

I could think of a few things you repress from consciousness, a serious form of denial, which you know are true. Biological things. Things that one doesn't mention in polite company.

What evidence have you that evolution is not denied for the same reason. It is a pretty disgusting subject when not prettied up by snake oil salespersons seeking to insinuate themselves into our trust and relying on our gullibility. Like the Victorians prettied up pianos with veils on the legs.

I hope it isn't Professor Brian Cox who has carried you away on your flight of fanciful fatuity. He is trying to do for science what Rudolf Valentino did for armpit snuffling. And with a very large slice of the population being a bit matronly, and thus fairly experienced in scientific medical interventions of one sort or another, the bugger is making a killing. He might be said to be the first Science Star. The other candidates being grumpy old codgers to a man.

He is so good he can carry himself away. Like Strangelove in the movie. I don't think he fakes it all the time. Unless he deployed half an onion to his eyes before the director shouted "roll 'em" and the clapperboard clapped shut in the scene where he contemplated for us the ocean and it did seem to me that he was overwhelmed. What it did for the viewers I can't say. It had me spluttering cake crumbs mixed with cocoa all over the coffee table.

Do you think a taxonomist would say that a coffee table should be re-categorised when some other beverage is being consumed. "Coffee table" is a bit unscientific, not to say ridiculous, when cocoa is being consumed. Like "snooker table" when it is being used for the only other thing it is worth using it for besides snooker playing. That is a pleasant evening pastime; the metaphorical aspects of which I have not yet got to the bottom of as I think I have with cricket. Cricket is less ironic. With the Pink valued 6, in a six colour range from 2 to 7, and the Black valued 7, you might get the idea. The Black spot is the hardest spot to pot off you see. Yellow is 2. Shunned unless the necessity arises. The White is the potting ball and the pocket is the target. The cue is applied to the potting ball with a force suitable for the occasion and the energy of the impact is transmitted to the potting ball which passes it to the ball to be potted and if the correct alignments are achieved it is potted into the pocket.

Pool is simply shallow. Like NFL. We are never shown baseball so I assume it has nothing going for it to use in rounding people up to watch ads.

If we were just another "species" that an alien professor of galactic biology was examining it might notice such things and see fit to write a report about it as we do about creatures which haven't had a report written about them yet or at least not for a year or two. (Know what I mean fm?)

And it would miss the point because it relied upon its physical observations and was blissfully ignorant that human wit was in play.

That's another reason to deny evolution. It's ******* witless. And quite amusing for being so.

And I bet Cox tucks his shirt into his underpants.
JimmyJ

Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:43 pm
@spendius,
Honestly, if I can just keep getting you to write long posts like that and waste your time with meaningless gobbledygook I'll consider it a job well done.

I've given up trying to actually reason with you. You can't reason with someone who refuses to learn.

By all means, continue showing your ignorance.
anonymously99stwin

Sun 5 Jan, 2014 02:11 pm
@JimmyJ,
Maybe he's testing you. Your patience.
0 Replies

parados

Sun 5 Jan, 2014 02:23 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Things might get better if everybody sat in pubs. They are like little cocoons floating through space on good nights. More than once I have experienced being a bit astonished when going outside that there was such a thing as outside.

That seems to be... hmm.... what should I say about it? This seems to describe it:

It is a pretty disgusting subject when not prettied up by snake oil salespersons seeking to insinuate themselves into our trust and relying on our gullibility. Like the Victorians prettied up pianos with veils on the legs.