Why do people deny evolution?

neologist

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 11:56 am
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:
This is the most idiosyncratic and stupid argument I've ever heard. . .
Idiosyncratic?
Yes, spendi does have his specialty.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 12:00 pm
@JimmyJ,
Quote:
This is the most idiosyncratic and stupid argument I've ever heard.

That is a meaningless blurt.

Quote:
I don't think anybody here is denying that humans have a unique place in the animal kingdom.

I can if I choose to. Darwin did.

Quote:
That has absolutely nothing to do with evolution.

Not much it hasn't. It's the bottom line for evolutionists.
parados

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 12:16 pm
@spendius,
Actually, evolutionists would argue that humans do have a unique place in the animal kingdom. They would just argue that most animals have a unique place because evolution tends to favor those animals that fill their niche the best.
JimmyJ

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 12:43 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
That is a meaningless blurt.

It's idiosyncratic as in specific to you, and it is stupid.

It is specifically stupid in a way that only you could sound. I'm sorry you didn't know what the word meant.

Quote:
I can if I choose to. Darwin did.

Speaking and quoting when you don't even know anything about the subject?

typical spendius nonsense.

Quote:
Not much it hasn't. It's the bottom line for evolutionists.

More ignorant blather
farmerman

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 12:44 pm
@JimmyJ,
you have to note that spendi hs nothing to offer the world except as an organ donor. Therefore, any of his "Observations" must be reviewed with a deep sense of humor.
edgarblythe

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 12:51 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

you have to note that spendi hs nothing to offer the world except as an organ donor. Therefore, any of his "Observations" must be reviewed with a deep sense of humor.

For those preferring rum soaked organs.
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 01:47 pm
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 02:06 pm
I seen a ape once't . . . it was at the zoo in Columbus . . . it pooped in its own hand and then ate it.
chai2

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 02:07 pm
@Setanta,
That doesn't prove it was an ape.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 02:16 pm
@parados,
If you want to use "unique" in that way every atom in the universe is unique.

Every hair on your head.
spendius

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 02:52 pm
@JimmyJ,
Quote:
More ignorant blather

Blather has no effect on me. Why does it on you?

Do you think everybody needs you to tell them it was blather? It's no use telling me. Do you not trust the reverences and worships who read here to be able to identify blather without your help. You are a budding little control freak aren't you.

It is stopping budding little control freaks from flowering in the fulsomeness of their floundering fatuity that is the subject here and not having once seen a pea germinating in some damp blotting paper in a jam jar on the biology classroom windowsill.

And I am bloody well amazed that I don't have enthusiastic support. It must be that A2Kers are blissfully ignorant of what little control freaks are like when in full bloom in the summer sunshine. It might be that they think your lot are no danger after you've grease-balled them with your medical salvation promises and failed to mention science as a tool to refine tyranny and to make war more efficient.

They are like Kim Jong Twato.

Asserting that I don't know anything about the subject when I have been exercising the minds of cod-evolutionists on A2K for ten years and then deriving the conclusion from such a ridiculous assertion that I was talking "typical spendius nonsense" is junior girl's school playground baby talk.

JimmyJ

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:04 pm
@Setanta,
You see apes every day since humans are apes.
JimmyJ

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:05 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

.... This is quite possibly the stupidest analogy I've ever heard.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:06 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
And I am bloody well amazed that I don't have enthusiastic support.

I am not.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:09 pm
@JimmyJ,
Quote:
You see apes every day since humans are apes.

In which case Setanta doesn't **** in his hand and eat it only because he is better trained than any ape.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:13 pm
@JimmyJ,
I used "better" there in the sense that the Book of Etiquette uses it.
0 Replies

parados

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:27 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Every hair on your head.

It even means you are unique spendi.

Of course it means you may be right that the young fellas that believe in evolution for the sake of finding women are more likely to have offspring and teach them that evolution is something other than what you want them to believe. That means your beliefs are probably going to hit an evolutionary dead end spendi since going down to the pub and talking about rumpy pumpy with the blokes doesn't get much actually done when it comes to fathering or furthering your beliefs.
spendius

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 06:20 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Of course it means you may be right that the young fellas that believe in evolution for the sake of finding women are more likely to have offspring and teach them that evolution is something other than what you want them to believe.

It is not a necessary condition of finding women that one believes in evolution. Young chaps might think that if they believe in evolution they will find women but it doesn't mean they will do so. Nor does it mean that they will have more offspring.

The thought that they are bringing another monkey into the world ought to put them off I should have thought. Especially one that shits in its hand and eats it unless it is cajoled and conditioned not to.

So you have a non sequitur on your hands.

And that's bad para. Really bad. Incoherent in fact.

As is your use of "believe".

Kolyo

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 06:32 pm
People deny evolution because it is a Marxist institution, otherwise why would support for it have fallen from 54% to 43% among Republicans over the last four years?

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/01/03/republican-views-on-evolution-tracking-how-its-changed/

Stalin believed in evolution.
anonymously99stwin

Fri 3 Jan, 2014 06:51 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman seems like a great man.
0 Replies