Why do people deny evolution?

ellease1

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 06:16 am
@FBM,
Quote:
I'm guessing you can read...

Yes. I'm guessing what you are trying say. What is the bottom line ?
Quehoniaomath

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 06:19 am
@ellease1,
Better stop arguing or discussing with this person.
Doesn't give arguments at all. He just states all the time she is pro science and anti creation. Nothing of substance really.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 06:23 am
@ellease1,
I said exactly what I was trying to say. What extra are you looking for?
Olivier5

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 06:54 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
So those people have taught their stubborn incredulity to their children, who has passed it along to their children. Additionally, there are legions of those who exploit that incredulity. Those invested in that antiquated world view ar constantly comforted by the hucksters and the BS artists who make a good living out of their incredulity.

Anti-science denialism as we see it peddled around here every day is a modern phenomenon, stemming in fact from post-modernism.
ellease1

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 07:01 am
@FBM,
Quote:
I said exactly what I was trying to say. What extra are you looking for?

Yes but what you say doesn't exactly say anything at all. What am I driving at here? I want to know what you know out of your own steam. Are you just another person who collects concepts and propagates them? If you know nothing of this principle prior to the birth of this primary concept then what do you know? Conventional science is only a given. And we can all parrot conventional wisdom but what is that principle that does the parroting, what do you know of that?
FBM

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 07:07 am
@ellease1,
I teach English and even I can't figure out wtf you're on about. Please try to break down your content into clear, declarative or interrogative statements. Eschew excessive reliance upon metaphorical expressions and obscure references. What are you asking me?

ellease1

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 08:59 am
@FBM,
Quote:
I teach English and even I can't figure out wtf you're on about. Please try to break down your content into clear, declarative or interrogative statements. Eschew excessive reliance upon metaphorical expressions and obscure references. What are you asking me?

You are asking me put into words that which is essentially wordless.
It is for you to excise your intelligence and figure it out for yourself. The basic exercise here is for you to start thinking for yourself.

Up until now you have been sucking the nipple of social normalcy.
Do you understand the word "principle" in its highest meaning ? It simply means the basic fundamental truth. If I ask you what do you know, I don't expect you to throw me that which as been given to you unless it is factual
I'm simply enquiring as to wether you know the actual state of affairs or if you are merely fumbling around with the affairs of this world. what is your conclusion to all of this ?

I'm not asking about that which has been imposed upon you or given to you by the others. Neither am I asking you for that which you construct out of your imagination, nor that which you have read unless of course it is factual.

When you were two, what did you know? Before you were imposed upon by your parents, teachers and the wider society in general you knew nothing apart from the love to be.

That principle right there what do you know of that ?

I want you to use your intelligence and responds from that platform.

I'm not much interested in the normal mediocre stuff. Unless you can step out of the box you are only improvising on what the others have already said.

It is all very simple, before you set about doing anything it must be presented to you. First there is the subject then there is the object. If you rap yourself up in language you are necessarily going to miss the point. What is that point that the language can only point to?
farmerman

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 09:06 am
@ellease1,
Quote:

And indeed it is just that, "science fiction". Science only pushes back the frontier of ignorance. It is not the mind that knows, somebody knows because of the mind.

I know you re quite proud of yourself in stating this , but its mostly double speak . If you wish to debate concepts , given facts, evidence, etc. Don't try to hide behind obscure language .
Otherwise, I may suggest a poetry thread or two.
izzythepush

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 09:56 am
@ellease1,
ellease1 wrote:
Up until now you have been sucking the nipple of social normalcy.

I have to agree with FM. This has to be one of the most pretentious sentences I've read on A2K, and essentially means nothing.

You're not alone in this, there's a whole bunch of idiots here who can talk for hours on end and say nothing, Quahog, One Eyed Mind and now you. Verbosity is not a sign of intelligence, far from it.
farmerman

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 10:16 am
@izzythepush,
youre forgetting the self proclaimed Jersey expert on anything, DNA Thumbsy.

Its funny, next to these clowns, Gungasnake is rational
0 Replies

ellease1

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 11:13 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I know you re quite proud of yourself in stating this , but its mostly double speak . If you wish to debate concepts , given facts, evidence, etc. Don't try to hide behind obscure language .
Otherwise, I may suggest a poetry thread or two.

Whatever appears to you is in your own consciousness, to know what is in mine, first understand this principle prior to the birth.

Pride does not even come into it, pride is the flip side of arrogance which is a common trait of the personality. There exist no such thing as a person, only consciousness.

I've put forth a simple question which warrants a simple answer. It is not like it is not there.

Whilst your body is in deep sleep and your brain consciousness is suspended, what is that which wakes you up in the morning ?

You are not going to find the sort of knowledge in the text books so you are going to have to start thinking for yourself.

It is your language that is obscure, one word can have several different meanings and contradictions simultaneously. I've already told you, the language is only a tool, use it to help you, otherwise it will hinder you.

Quehoniaomath

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 11:20 am
@ellease1,
Quote:
You are not going to find the sort of knowledge in the text books

This is not entirely true!:

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1343978631l/299869.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9UaBiG_83I0/hqdefault.jpg

http://www.motivationalquotesabout.com/images/quotes/when-you-believe-yourself-to-be-person-sri-nisargadatta-maharaj.jpg

farmerman

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 11:20 am
@ellease1,
hee hee, language will "hinder you" says the one most steeped in the practice of obscurantism.
ellease1

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 11:21 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I have to agree with FM. This has to be one of the most pretentious sentences I've read on A2K, and essentially means nothing.

This is normally how it goes, whatever you do not understand or if it doesn't tally with the concept that you have already embellished yourself with, you will disagree. If you like something you understand and entertain it. If you don't you simply over look it.
Quehoniaomath

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 11:30 am
@ellease1,
Quote:
what is that which wakes you up in the morning?

Quote:
Quote:
The self based on memory is momentary. But such self demands unbroken continuity behind it. You know from experience that there are gaps when your self is forgotten. What brings it back to life? What wakes you up in the morning? There must be some constant factor bridging the gaps in consciousness. If you watch carefully, you will find that even your daily consciousness is in flashes, with gaps intervening all the time. What is in the gaps? What can there be but your real being, that is timeless? Mind and mindlessness are one to it. (333)

http://www.nonduality.com/asmi1.htm

However, abnd I don't want to soudn arrogant, so if I do I apologise upfront, I don't think people will 'get this' .

Sadly enough.

Maybe I am wrong.
izzythepush

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 11:57 am
@ellease1,
The only person not understanding is you. You're just another pseudo-enigmatic bullshit merchant. You're not even original.
Rickoshay75

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 12:27 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The only person not understanding is you. You're just another pseudo-enigmatic bullshit merchant. You're not even original.

Not knowing my history or accomplishments how could you know what I am? I have three patents. How many do you have?
Quehoniaomath

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 12:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Sigh and Yaawwwwn

here we have the Ad Hominem again! Oh and a lack of arguments!
That goes without saying!

What is bothering these people?
Rickoshay75

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 12:43 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

Sigh and Yaawwwwn

here we have the Ad Hominem again! Oh and a lack of arguments!
That goes without saying!

What is bothering these people?

His root prejudice is black hatred, and it's so ingrained in his mind he will never get over it. You can either ignore his venom or make fun of it.
parados

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 12:53 pm
@ellease1,
What a bunch of existential bull ****.

Quote:

Evolution only applies to the material, the consciousness. It does not address the fundamental principle at source, consciousness is only a reflection of that source itself. Within this consciousness there is a pattern of evolution contained in the memory and related by convention

Food only applies to the material. If you bother to eat then you are admitting that the material does exist. Or do you also require the same proof that food is needed to sustain your material body?