Why do people deny evolution?

Quehoniaomath

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 01:09 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
People deny evolution for a single reason. It challenges their world view.

Nope, wrong
I had this (evolution) view for years.
But once I took a closer look at it I found it was a hoax.

Actually, what you are saying is, that you want to think that people deny it, because otherwise, it is challenging your worldview.
It is called cognitive dissonance,. and you are deep in it.
Wilso

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 02:05 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

Nope, wrong
I had this (evolution) view for years.
But once I took a closer look at it I found it was a hoax.

Actually, what you are saying is, that you want to think that people deny it, because otherwise, it is challenging your worldview.
It is called cognitive dissonance,. and you are deep in it.

Your pathetic quote mining doesn't make you look smart. You're so shallow my 7-year-old daughter could see right through you.
Quehoniaomath

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 02:17 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
Your pathetic quote mining doesn't make you look smart. You're so shallow my 7-year-old daughter could see right through you.

quote mining? I just stated my experience.
and voila! again one big Ad Hominem in order to protect his worldview.
and of course not even one counter-argument is given.
It is al so transparent for anyone with eyes to see.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 03:46 am
@Wilso,
Quote:

People support evolution because it supports their world view. Or they think it does in a half-baked fashion.

It doesn't actually given the evidence of how they live and the eagerness with which they "sport the oak" (Ignore) in the face of a real evolutionist. They do genteel evolution of the namby-pamby sort which is approved for broadcasting before the Watershed which is an Ethics Committee invention designed to protect the innocent.

It comes under Codology in the scientific disciplines between "Cob-on" and Coffee morning.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 04:05 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Meaning he can tell you he knows some bad **** but would have to kill you if he shared it with you.

Some people in the Mary Higgins Trust think that is what happened to Wilhelm Reich. He shared some bad **** and the US authorities burned 7 tons of his papers and put him in jail where he died of a heart attack.

There are grades of bad **** ed. Potty training is only the start.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 04:15 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Not a one has demonstrated knowledge of the working of science.

In respect of evolution nobody dares do. I certainly daren't.

If somebody did you would not only refuse to understand but you would refuse to even listen.

Like Bob Dylan said to the Times Magazine reporter in Don't Look Back--"if you printed the truth you would go off the stands in a day". The reporter responded with a sheepish grimace.
spendius

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 07:07 am
@spendius,
The over-arching reason why people deny evolution is that it is insupportable in a social system once it gets out of the shallow end where Darwin left it.

That our cod-evolutionists on this thread are splashing about in the paddling pool is not a sufficient reason for them to expect, nay, demand, that we all splash about with them and pretend, as they do, that the deep end doesn't exist.

Darwin's opponents were constrained to join him in the playground because the deep end was unmentionable. Smelling salts were sometimes needed to restore ladies of advanced opinions to consciousness after evolution was explained to them, and then only in a half-assed way which they saw through, as ladies are wont to do, and skimmed along the extrapolates shortly before passing out.

Darwin had rendered them ridiculous and as amusing as the chimps in the PG Tips advert. More so in fact. Much more so.

So we adopted a co-ed system of education so that ladies became like men and lost the capacity to weigh things up at a glance and become dependent upon a gang of professional experts, often at odds with each other, for their mental configuration. The professional expertise, carefully and jealously guarded, is, of course, from an evolutionary point of view, a strategy for ripping the linings of our pockets out with the least expenditure of energy.

In some cases 1 erg= $1,000. Or more. Good for pulling birds. As Dawkins has found.

What other strategy is there for nerds?

Back to sex eh?

0 Replies

kiuku

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 07:20 am
@roger,
Roger,

I've been blessed by the gods---an apotheosis, that for some time I should be able to translate anything. I can translate anything at all. So this is what I've been working on. Questions help me figure out where to start and what to do. I would never have researched Ex Nihilo, to find out that it comes from Egyptian actually.

Evolution by Egypt: Speaking of which there is Evolution, of Royals, royal women. They share common features with Egyptian mummies. Because they only inter mate; that they still share these features.

Evolutions points can share with creationism too...
farmerman

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 07:30 am
@kiuku,
You and spendi should get on quite well as you are both a bit obsessed with senseless mummery and run on phrases.

So far this month, weve had several new members whose only contributions are to avoid any substantive dialogue.
spendius

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 08:16 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You and spendi should get on quite well as you are both a bit obsessed with senseless mummery and run on phrases.

You and ci. and Wilso and ed. should get on very well as you're all obsessed with ejecting squiteroonie jets from your anal sphincter with the intention of splattering the rest of us with it.

The assertion "senseless" is the laxative.

No decision on the machine problem eh? Mr Ditherer. And that's nowhere near the deep end. Declaring it "not substantive" is like wailing for more syrup on the comforter.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 08:23 am
@kiuku,
Quote:
I would never have researched Ex Nihilo, to find out that it comes from Egyptian actually.

What comes from ancient Egypt should not be mentioned in polite circles but I suppose "Ex Nihilo" is alright. Creationism is evolution in poetic form.
kiuku

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 04:07 pm
@spendius,
interesting. lol
0 Replies

kiuku

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 04:08 pm
@farmerman,
you must be kidding me. I don't see anything like that. Spendius' responses have been to point out moral hypocrisy; a senseless challenge to atheism and its points indeed. totally childish. "spendi" is it? Not into it, sorry.
edgarblythe

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 04:14 pm
@farmerman,
Maybe K is Q's alter ego.
Wilso

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 04:15 pm
@kiuku,
kiuku wrote:

you must be kidding me. I don't see anything like that. Spendius' responses have been to point out moral hypocrisy; a senseless challenge to atheism and its points indeed. totally childish. "spendi" is it? Not into it, sorry.

Spendi's "moral hypocrasy" points inevitably land on the same subject. Sex. As a spouse to his palm, he's ultimately just angry that he's not getting any. The hope is that one day he'll move out of his mother's basement, lose his virginity, and stop bitching about other people's lives.
Frank Apisa

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 04:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Maybe K is Q's alter ego.

Edgar...FM...

...what in hell is going on in this place. It has become a looney bin...with people who seem to be certifiable.

Abuzz...at the end...was in much better shape than A2K is right now. There are some posts being made that go way beyond bat-**** crazy.

At Abuzz, there were people trying to trash the place...but here, there are people posting stuff that just defies common sense...and the people posting it seem to think it makes sense and is rational.

How did this happen?

How have we gotten so far from what the place once was?

lmur

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 04:43 pm
@Wilso,
Alternatively, I suppose he could buy a wife from some s-e asian website.
Germlat

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 04:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Read Kiuku's profile. You're answer is there. He says be is basically a best-selling author...."basically"... He-he. He is histerically delusional .
Germlat

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 04:49 pm
@farmerman,
Smile Smile Smile
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 05:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
How have we gotten so far from what the place once was?

It seems just the same now as it was when I joined 10 years ago. A load of Big Dick Yanks posturing on the basis that anything they say must be true on the slam dunk evidence that they had said it. Spoiled brat syndrome in long pants using joined up writing and heavily armed.

Obarmy pleading with Maliki to be more inclusive, jogging up three steps to the stage and spouting about "manifest destiny" and the greatest nation on earth.

There are less now though than at the beginning.

People deny evolution for fear of being identified with those that don't.
0 Replies