Why do people deny evolution?

Quehoniaomath

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 02:30 pm
probably 'evolutionists' don't know the subtitle of 'The origin of species' by Charles Darwin.

here it is:

"The Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life".

Hmmm, Sounds like a slogan for the KKK!!!!
Hitler would have loved it! And of course the eugenic movement!

Yes! Evolution IS a dangerous idea!

and people take this shite and bullocks called 'evolution' for real??

UNBELIEVABLE!
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 02:32 pm
Another one!

Quote:
In his famous book, Darwin wrote: "At some future period not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes...will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest Allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilised state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as the baboon, instead of as now between the ***** or Australian and the gorilla (1874, p. 178). "
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 02:34 pm
My God! (!)

It is even worse than I thought!!!
Quote:

"No rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average ***** is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man. And if this be true, it is simply incredible that, when all his disabilities are removed, and our prognathus relative has a fair field and no favour, as well as no oppressor, he will be able to compete successfully with his bigger-brained and smaller jawed rival, in a contest which is to be carried out on by thoughts and not by bites" (1871, p. 20).
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 02:38 pm
unbelievable.

Quote:
The most recent addition in this evolutionary theory of human races comes from two prominent scientists—Vincent Sarich (one of the founding pioneers of the molecular clock) and Frank Miele (senior editor of Skeptic magazine).

Robert Proctor reviewed their 2004 book, "Race: The Reality of Human Differences", in the February 5, 2004 issue of Nature. The first six words of his review were: “This is a very disturbing book” (2004, 427:487).

Disturbing indeed!

]The authors categorized people according to race, thereby reinforcing the contemporary ideas of racial hierarchy. How many individuals have ever stopped to fully grasp the true extent of evolutionary beliefs?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080428202938AA4HBya
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 02:42 pm
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0hoTMaNhLbilaR-GlNnGcWyzJMFSiRMBuuzBBEkYtWOFTLzOcJw
Quehoniaomath

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 02:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
yes, that is the level you have to go to if you want to dismiss information that is threatening to your current world view.

I understand.
Frank Apisa

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 02:53 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

yes, that is the level you have to go to if you want to dismiss information that is threatening to your current world view.

I understand.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5wvC80vmLZzZ1BfbBsByjZjgKCZMsYLLz5L090StxIrcHW4yG
Quehoniaomath

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 02:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,

I understand.
Frank Apisa

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 02:56 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

I understand.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXdnWnGLIeRPNXkvsnp02RrLnuyJbNk-BAXmHekaZ_1b-Cf1to
Quehoniaomath

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 02:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,

I understand. Really I do

You see, the arguments are missing and I am only the messenger, so why shooting me ? Wink
spendius

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 03:22 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Erasmus was also on very excellent terms with Harriet Martineau who was a lady of renown in his circles and of very advanced opinions as readers here can confirm by search engine mechanics if they are the sort who use their nose as a hound does rather than just sit there picking it.

farmerman

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 03:25 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Now I see where Quahogs crap comes from. Ian Taylor. the complete idiot who , in the very paper Quahog presents, Taylor gets a number of facts incorrect
1Wallace, in an agreement stated that Darwin should maintain "first authorship" because he had worked and completed the definition of the systematics of the way volution works . Wallace stated that he never toyed with the idea. His paper being only about 28 pages and mostly all descriptive.

Lyell isn't the "father of Uniformitarianism" Any 1st year geology student can tell him that. Lyell just included it in his book but credits Hutton completely. (At least Taylor should respect scholarship over bullshit)

As far as Erasmus andZoonomia,.
heres a quote from the segment in the volume about "generation"
Quote:

From thus meditating on the great similarity of the structure of the warm-blooded animals, and at the same time of the great changes they undergo both before and after their nativity; and by considering in how minute a proportion of time many of the changes of animals above described have been produced; would it be too bold to imagine, that in the great length of time, since the earth began to exist, perhaps millions of years...that all warm-blooded animals have arisen from one living filament, which THE GREAT FIRST CAUSE endued with animality...and thus possessing the faculty of continuing to improve by its own inherent activity, and of delivering down those improvements by generation to its posterity, world without end?...

Shall we then say that the vegetable living filament was originally different from that of each tribe of animals above described? And that the productive living filament of each of those tribes was different originally from the other? Or, as the earth and ocean were probably peopled with vegetable productions long before the existence of animals...shall we conjecture that one and the same kind of living filament is and has been the cause of all organic life?[2]
Anything wrong with that? Its simple and is probably much responsible for Charles getting his lines of "credit" strait for his second edition that included a significant segment of acknowledgements for those that had originated the idea of "Descent with Modification" (Darwin's name for evolution). Nowhere in the "origin, does the word "EVOLUTION" occur. It was not yet a noun. Darwin used the verb "to evolve" at the very end of the Origin...

Quahogs view of Racist comments by Darwin have never been denied by anyone. HOWEVER, the lines Quahog uses, NEVER appeared in the "origin...

Quahog uses the title segment Of the "ORIGIN of SPECIES'... (that being the second title line, "The PRESERVATION OF FAVORED RACES), and he does so as an assertion that Darwin was being somehow racist. That is also bullshit
Darwin explains what a "race" in Victorian biology actually mean74 od the 2nd edition.
. , from Peckhams 1959 The Origin of Species... a "variorum text",
When we look to the hereditary varieties or races of our domestic animals and plants and compre them with species closely allied together, we generally perceive in each domestic race, as already remarked, less uniformity of character than in true species (p74)
We hd this very discussion with gungasnake several yers ago (nothing is new except to the new Creationist debators.)
Darwin includes several other pragrphs where he discusses what is meant by "race" in terms of his book that deals not a jot with humans.

Justlike Einstein missed out on Quantum chemistry and physics, Darwin also is guilty of dropping a turd on us with his "Descent of Man"\

To Darwins credit, h did state that all these differences among races of humans were not speciation or raised from separate common ancestors. He stated that the differences among humans (which he clearly stated are monogenist (Single common ancetstor), and are due to culture (or lack thereof) rather than being "lower life forms " s the polygenists felt (Many of whom were clergymen of the "civilized lands" )

spendius

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 03:27 pm
@spendius,
It has been said, not without some justification, that if there is any trouble there will be a woman in back of it somewhere.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 03:29 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

From thus meditating on the great similarity of the structure of the warm-blooded animals, and at the same time of the great changes they undergo both before and after their nativity; and by considering in how minute a proportion of time many of the changes of animals above described have been produced; would it be too bold to imagine, that in the great length of time, since the earth began to exist, perhaps millions of years...that all warm-blooded animals have arisen from one living filament, which THE GREAT FIRST CAUSE endued with animality...and thus possessing the faculty of continuing to improve by its own inherent activity, and of delivering down those improvements by generation to its posterity, world without end?...

I can see how Harriet might have helped form such thinking.
0 Replies

parados

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 04:03 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:
If you have done the calculations then answer whether you think anyone has ever won the lottery

Oh no! Here we go again with his idiocy!!!!!!!
Unbelievable!
Really, if you aks this question, than you have NO CLUE about evolution and math/statistics, that is for sure!

do these people really exist somewhere???

Really? If you don't know why I ask about that "idiocy" then you clearly haven't done the calculations. How do you calculate odds of something happening? Does the way you calculate odds change if you are calculating odds in evolution vs odds of winning the lottery?
spendius

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 04:59 pm
@farmerman,
Why don't you admit fm that you can't bring yourself to say that man is a machine or that man is not a machine? There are no other choices except the one that claims everything is an illusion. And your claque looks to you for a lead.

Or that monogamy is contra-indicated by evolution. Some say farming is contra-indicated by evolution unless it is some sort of courtship ritual. A bloody tiresome one too if what I have seen of it is anything to go by.

Floundering around like a teenage girl on a chat line is useless.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 05:06 pm
@farmerman,
Can you not see that we don't know where you are coming from if you bottle out on those questions and that you are therefore leading your claque up the garden path.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 07:50 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Okay mate, tell us which came first, the chicken or the egg?..

Well of course, the chicken came first.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:58 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Really? If you don't know why I ask about that "idiocy" then you clearly haven't done the calculations. How do you calculate odds of something happening? Does the way you calculate odds change if you are calculating odds in evolution vs odds of winning the lottery?

As long as you are using the 'lottery' I assume you really have no clue at all indeed.
Wilso

Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:29 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

As long as you are using the 'lottery' I assume you really have no clue at all indeed.

Face the fact that you're an ignorant fucktard who couldn't find his own arse with both hands. You've done nothing but spew worthless bullshit, without the brains to see that it's worthless bullshit.