Why do people deny evolution?

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 12:09 pm
This one is very very funny from a 'scientist'

Quote:
Steven Pinker M.I.T

No evidence would be sufficient to create a change in mind,
That is is not a commitment to evidence, but a commitment to naturalism.

How the mind works, p 162

Talking about a biased whore oeps sorry ehh grrr 'scientist''.

How bloody obvious it all is! And still people don't see this!
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 12:17 pm
See! Evolutiosn IS A RELIGION!

Quote:
A federal court of appeals ruled yesterday...atheism( evolution!!) is religon...
the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals

WorldnetDaily, August 20, 2006

Why don't you do real research farmerman? well??
Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 12:23 pm
En the plot thickens....

Quote:
Theory under Fire

An historic conference ..the central question of the Chigaco conference
was whether the mechanism underlying micro-evolution can be extrapolated to explain the phenomena of macro-evolution.
The Answer can be given as a clear....NO.

Science V.210 11/21/1980

Well, well, if that isn't a very clear answer!!!

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 12:29 pm
Here is another one

Quote:
‘The paleontologists have convinced me small changes do not accumulate.’

Comment by Francisco Ayala, Ph.D. (Genetics) (Associate Professor of Genetics, University of California) on Darwinian (gradual) evolution. As reported by Roger Lewin, ‘Evolutionary Theory under Fire’, Science, vol.210 (4472), November 21, 1980, pp.883-887.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 12:30 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
I guess then we can say EVERYTHING is a religion.

I smoke a big cigar every day as I sit by the lake and have a vodka martini in the afternoon (and another cigar) while listening to Sinatra.

mmmmm....what should we call this religion?????

(I wonder if I can get tax free status Idea )
Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 12:33 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:

I smoke a big cigar every day as I sit by the lake and have a vodka martini in the afternoon (and another cigar) while listening to Sinatra.

(I wonder if I can get tax free status )

that is what is called a cop out
giujohn

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 12:35 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
LOL ok...if you say so!
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 12:38 pm
And we continue.....

because well, let's face it, only repetition will work in these cases, as they were programmed at school by endless alogical irrational repetions that have made evolution a fact..in their heads!

Anyway, here we go again!

Quote:
S.M. Stanley Hopkins University

"if most evolutionary changes occur during speciation events and if speciation events are largely random, natural selection, long viewed as the process guiding evolutionary change, ]cannot play a significant role in determining the overall course of evolution."

Proceedings nationa Academy Science
Vol.72 p 648
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 12:43 pm
And itr continues....

Quote:
Stephen J. Gould

I have been watching it [neo-Darwinism] slowly unravel as a universal description of evolution … I have been reluctant to admit it … but … that theory, as a general proposition, is effectively dead, despite its persistence as a text-book orthodoxy

Paleobiology Vol.6 1980 p 120

Can people read that? EFFECTIVELY DEAD!!!!!

right on!
farmerman

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 12:55 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
From Quahogs "mined quote" This is what SJ Gould actually said about "Neo Darwinian thinking" . Thi comes from a 1980 paper in the Journal of Paleobiology called "Is a new, unified theory of Evolution Emerging?"

Quote:

So, Gould isn’t saying that evolution is dead. But that the neo-Darwinian Synthesis, as a universal description of evolution, as a general proposition, is dead.

That’s actually a big difference. Let’s look at what Gould is talking about (from the same article).

The version known as the “modern synthesis” or “Neo-Darwinism” (different from what the late 19th century called Neo-Darwinism-see Romanes, 1900) is, I think, fairly characterized in its essentials by Robson and Richards. Its foundation rests upon two major premises: (1) Point mutations (micromutations) are the ultimate source of variability. Evolutionary change is a process of gradual allelic substitution within a population. Events at broader scale, from the origin of new species to long-ranging evolutionary trends, represent the same process, extended in time and effect large numbers of allelic substitutions incorporated sequentially over long periods of time. In short, gradualism, continuity and evolutionary change by the transformation of populations. (2) Genetic variation is raw material only. Natural selection directs evolutionary change. Rates and directions of change are controlled by selection with little constraint exerted by raw material (slow rates are due to weak selection, not insufficient variation). All genetic change is adaptive (though some phenotypic effects, due to pleiotropy, etc., may not be). In short, selection leading to adaptation.

Now, that’s a think paragraph and I apologize. That’s the problem with creationism… it takes a lot more work to show that they are wrong than they have to actually write. It’s the Gish Gallop in written form.

According to Gould the neo-Darwinian synthesis is 1) point mutations and 2) variation and natural selection. That’s it. Of course, as Gould describes, there are so many more things going on than random mutation and natural selection. Scientists have known this.

This isn’t an admission that evolution, in any sense, is wrong. It’s that trying to make evolution fit the simplistic modern synthesis (as creationists try to do) is flawed. There is so much more going on (and Gould lists some in this very paper).

The modern synthesis (random mutation and natural selection) isn’t so much dead as merely incomplete.

I’ll let Gould finish, with the conclusion to this paper:

Most of the other changes in evolutionary viewpoint that I have advocated throughout this paper fall out of Galton’s metaphor: punctuational change at all levels (the flip from facet to facet, since homeostatic systems change by abrupt shifting to new equilibria); essential non-adaptation, even in major parts of the phenotype (change in an integrated organism often has effects that reverberate throughout the system); channeling of direction by constraints of history and developmental architecture. Organisms are not billiard balls, struck in deterministic fashion by the cue of natural selection, and rolling to optimal positions on life’s table. They influence their own destiny in interesting, complex, and comprehensible ways. We must put this concept of organism back into evolutionary biology
- See more at: http://www.skepticink.com/smilodonsretreat/2013/08/01/darwins-doubt-prologue-part-vi/#sthash.pUkq362r.dpuf
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 12:58 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

(I wonder if I can get tax free status Idea )

John, I just saw this:

I smoke a cigar (6 x 50 gauge) just about every day...although my drink will either be vodka and orange juice or wine. And the music is more likely to be Pavarotti or Callas...or something my wife would choose.

Interesting.

You have some decent qualities!

Uhhh...and I wouldn't call it a religion. It is too good...too decent...too pleasurable to be a religion.

farmerman

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 01:00 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
atheism may be a religion, evolution is a science. An Creationism and ID are both religions. Don't try to extend a court's decision beyond what it actually says.
Youre really strating to sound more and more like gunga
farmerman

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 01:06 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

So, it is all ASUMED!
No, it is assumed.(You act like this is a big discovery). Under what rock hve you been lying?

If research involved a niche for the supernatural, where would we go with anything called science??
Everything would default to the divine. Any asshole can involve himself with such a path.
parados

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 01:08 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

See! Evolutiosn IS A RELIGION!

Quote:
A federal court of appeals ruled yesterday...atheism( evolution!!) is religon...
the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals

WorldnetDaily, August 20, 2006

Why don't you do real research farmerman? well??

You get your legal advice from World Net Daily?

I suggest you try to track down this ruling that you think says atheism is religion let alone atheism is equivalent to evolution.

It's called real research Q. Source material instead of some idiot's interpretation of that source material.
farmerman

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 01:14 pm
@parados,
Moron Quahog didn't know that this was settled in 1960 by the USSC Torcaso v Watkins which decided that a prisoner was practicing a religion when he tried to promote a class for secular humanism in a Maryland Prison
parados

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 01:25 pm
@parados,
The ruling can be found here....
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-7th-circuit/1467028.html
Quote:
The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a “religion” for purposes of the First Amendment on numerous occasions, most recently in McCreary County, Ky. v. American Civil Liberties Union of Ky., 545U.S. 844, 125 S.Ct. 2722, 162 L.Ed.2d 729 (2005).   The Establishment Clause itself says only that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,” but the Court understands the reference to religion to include what it often calls “nonreligion.”   In McCreary County, it described the touchstone of Establishment Clause analysis as “the principle that the First Amendment mandates government neutrality between religion and religion, and between religion and nonreligion.” - See more at: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-7th-circuit/1467028.html#sthash.RqgRnU0H.dpuf

Nowhere does the court claim atheism is religion other than for the purposes of the first amendment where it makes clear that includes "nonreligion".
spendius

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 01:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Uhhh...and I wouldn't call it a religion. It is too good...too decent...too pleasurable to be a religion.

To be the Christian religion Apisa must mean. And not that good compared to the orgiastic priestess religions and other Bacchanalia with narcotics.

It is not news that Christianity demands personal sacrifice and that the Cross is the symbol of the principle.

I wonder if Apisa sits in a rocking chair with his slippers on to enjoy his form of pretend debauchery and decadence with his eyes closed and a self-satisfied smirk on his mush in appreciation of his excellence and good taste in choosing such music and the machine on which it is relayed.

Callas was about the loss of something. Pavi a muscular bellowing bull. Callas had sacrifice at every turn.

Apisa will be sending for a chicken curry.

He must have got married since he told us he wasn't married to the lady who does for him.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 01:44 pm
@farmerman,
Moron? Do you continue this way?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 01:45 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
No, it is assumed.(You act like this is a big discovery). Under what rock hve you been lying?

If research involved a niche for the supernatural, where would we go with anything called science??
Everything would default to the divine. Any asshole can involve himself with such a path.

So, you agree it is all circular and hence not of any worth?!!!
Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Jun, 2014 01:46 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Nowhere does the court claim atheism is religion other than for the purposes of the first amendment where it makes clear that includes "nonreligion".

Well, it does say 'religion'about atheism.

And of course it is, what else can it be? It IS a belief system.
and peopel are trying desperate to cling to it.
No rationality at all to be found!