Why would someone cheat 1 month before wedding?

Germlat

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 09:33 am
My friend married this man? 2 months after the wedding she found out he had sex with another woman just one month prior to their marriage. She spoke to each of them individually . The woman stated it was farewell sex and would not happen after the marriage took place. My friend was away dealing with a deathly ill parent. The sex took place in her home. Possibly in her bed. My friend is undergoing work and family difficulties and says she can't take yet another hit...so she is not divorcing. What do you thing she can expect happen?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,286 • Replies: 7
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Germlat
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 10:06 am
@Germlat,
Haven't you heard the term "sowing your wild oats"? It's not a justification for the husband's actions but it is a well tread excuse.

I don't expect the marriage will last very long and if it does, it most likely be a very rocky and shaky one at that.

Quote:
The woman stated it was farewell sex ....

How thoughtful and generous of that woman. Rolling Eyes
Quote:
[A]nd would not happen after the marriage took place.

Not very believable but even if it's a true statement, it's not very much of a valid excuse or an apology.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 10:07 am
Sounds like your friend knows how much she can deal with and changing the past is not one thing she'd like to focus on right now.

Apparently she has bigger fish to fry.

But I certainly hope he behaves like a devoted, loyal married man now.
Germlat

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 03:09 pm
@PUNKEY,
Well you can't change the past anyway. There is no rush as of now but if she will separate from this individual I'd rather see it be annulment vs divorce..see what I mean?
FOUND SOUL
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 03:59 pm
@Germlat,
She is a friend.. But "you" would rather see an annulment as apposed to Divorce, is this because of culture? Are you concerned for her future, as a divorcee should that happen?

I don't believe she will do that in any event for some time. But, I don't believe either that they will be happy together. It will play on her mind. Be a friend and help her let it go to move on, into this marriage and try to make it work, not hold onto the "past" as you make mention...

It's good to be a friend. But, the best way is to be there when they need you not pre-empt the future or interfere with the present.
Germlat

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 07:07 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I agree with your answer. I keep my opinions to myself..although it's not easy.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 12:16 am
@Germlat,
It is never easy but a wise thing to do... Smile
Germlat

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 01:35 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
So true.
0 Replies