Should I tell my friend about his girlfriend and my brother??

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 02:53 am
I came home to see my brother (45mins ago) and seeing where he was at I went to his room to see if he was asleep and walked in on him and my best friend (been knowing since I was 2 years old) girl friend having sex. My mouth dropped now I am stuck in between a rock they begged me not to tell Franklin (my best friend) what was going on the past 8 months, 8 MONTHS this been going on, my brother also said if I was a real brother then I wouldn't tell Franklin and his girl friend begged me to the point where she had tears, telling me not to tell my best friend. Its just not right and I would feel wrong if I ratted on my brother cause we are real close brothers and I love him to death but I love Franklin just as much like a brother but I am caught in between a rock like I said and I need to know what to do. Should I tell my best friend or keep it from him and don't rat my brother and my best friends girlfriend out. Thank you guys

P.s My best friend and his girlfriend are getting married in 3 weeks this is crazy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 921 • Replies: 14

izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 04:51 am
@80sraised,
I would say that they have to tell him. Give them a week to be honest or you'll let him know. They have no place involving you in their deception, and your friend needs to know before he gets married. You're brother will always be your brother, but your best friend could well see you as conspiring against him. This will come out at some point, it always does.

When you're on the stagnight, half cut, will you be able to keep your mouth shut, or will something slip out?
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 08:29 am
@izzythepush,
I agree. Give HER a week to tell her husband-to-be that she has not been faithful all this time and can't go thru with the wedding. (No names need be given)

SHE is the one who needs to come clean to your best friend. Either she breaks the wedding off or you tell him that she is not a faithful person. SHE can explain that remark to him. (again, no names need to be given)

Then . . . tell your brother he's a jerk for doing an engaged woman. I have a feeling that in a week, she will be his ALL the time. See how he likes that!
80sraised

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 01:01 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yeah I'm just thinking about how to break it to him..they dont look like they are going to have the galls to say anything...
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 03:58 pm
@80sraised,
Give them an ultimatum, they have to have a chance to tell him themselves.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 04:31 pm
@80sraised,
IF they don't say anything, then you say, "Fred, I am really concerned about you and Mary. She is not ready for marriage. I don't think she can be faithful and she is doing things that prove that. Please ask her about it."

If he bugs you, INSIST you can't say more and that he needs to talk to her. Stay out of it. This is going to be a blow-up and he will need you there afterwards.

But you MUST say something. You will never forgive yourself if you don't make her accountable.
80sraised

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 06:38 pm
@PUNKEY,
I ended up meeting up with my friend and got all of us together (my brother and the girlfriend). I simply turned to her and said "Ok this is your last chance tell him or I will" He didn't want to believe it at first. But when she admitted to it he took a while to respond. The girlfriend tried to say she was sorry and then my brother tried to say something to him but got beaten up..real bad I had to pull my friend off of him and almost got hit myself his girlfriend tried to blame me for everything and hates me now .... He is calling off the wedding and has informed his family about what has happened (this is gonna be an ugly month) it looks like my brother is going to need dental implants OUCH but oh well that's his problem, he and the girlfriend are not speaking to me either. The girlfriend called the police and my brother is going to charge him with assault and my friend got taken downtown SMH But my friend is sticking by me even closer than before:-) My parents and I don't think that my brother has any right to charge my friend with assault. Thank you everyone for the wonderful advice..I love this forum truly mature answers from everyone:-) Sorry for the late update..just been som real crap going on.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2013 02:30 am
@80sraised,
Many people don't bother updating. Have as Merry Christmas as you can all things considered.
0 Replies

George29

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 02:43 pm
@80sraised,
I can only tell you what I would do, I would tell my brother to make it right within 24 hours or I will. Eight months is not a mistake or a lapse of judgement, it is vile because of the deception.
0 Replies

George29

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 02:46 pm
@80sraised,
Good for you.
May those that love us, love us, and if they don't love us may God turn their hearts, and if he cannot turn their hearts may he turn their ankles so that we know them by their limp.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 02:53 pm
@80sraised,
That was a hard decision to make, but I think the right one. They had their chance to come clean but chose not to.

Your friend deserved not to marry a woman whom's body belonged to someone else, I can't imagine that affair would have stopped, had he not have found out, to then be found out once he was married, that would have been 10 times worse.

You're a good friend.. Your brother will get over it, you have your parents support in this as well.
80sraised

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 01:03 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
My thoughts exactly bro..and thanks
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 01:49 pm
@80sraised,
Ha! Have to.... 80raised, must sound strange for a woman to write that huh? Wink Yep FS is a woman Smile
80sraised

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 12:07 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Haha nice..and you have a merry christmas and new years!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 02:03 pm
@80sraised,
Love it when people smile Wink You have a Merry Xmas and New Year too Smile
0 Replies