GW Bush-Mistakes?

pistoff

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 05:07 pm
"I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes.I'm confident I have."
"maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one."

Is this statement one of pure arrogance?
Is it an attempt at sarcasm?
Is this person not capable of admitting to any mistakes?
Is it a sign of some sort of brain damage?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,294 • Replies: 48
No top replies

suzy

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 08:16 pm
Indeed, that does sound arrogant.
I would venture to say that the person is also not capable of admitting mistakes, possibly not even to himself.
Sarcasm? maybe.
Brain damage? could be.
Stupid? In some ways, yep.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 11:16 pm
I think he just couldn't come up with anything right on the spot that he thought he could say without making all the headlines today. If he was a good speader, he might have been able to say something eloquent and not look like a complete idiot, but since he's an absolutely horrible speaker, he did the right thing for him, which was to just shutup.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 12:46 am
And you would be hard put to find a question asked him by the reporters that was not specifically designed to put him on the spot and embarrass him. They might as well have asked him, so President Bush, when did you stop beating your wife?

I would defy anybody to have withstood that press conference with as much grace and poise as GWB withstood it. Yes, he is a terrible extemporaneous speaker. But try answering those questions directed at you and see how eloquent you would be.

The behavior of the press was disgraceful and I have no respect for any one of them. No president in history has ever been subjected to that kind of venom.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 01:23 am
Foxfyre said "The behavior of the press was disgraceful and I have no respect for any one of them. No president in history has ever been subjected to that kind of venom."

Nor has any been so deserving of utter contempt. Probably the only president in living memory who causes many patriots to switch-off in preference to throwing-up. Compared to the present gang, Nixon was a saint. Crying or Very sad

Thanks to Bush and pals, during the last twenty-four hours, eight more Americans and one Italian dead in Iraq.
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 05:09 am
Contempt
"Nor has any been so deserving of utter contempt."

This Pres. desrves more contempt and also deserves to be impeached and prosecuted for High Crimes.

He is merely lucky that the Congress and the Supreme Court domintated by the Right Wing.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 05:16 am
Foxfyre wrote:
And you would be hard put to find a question asked him by the reporters that was not specifically designed to put him on the spot and embarrass him. They might as well have asked him, so President Bush, when did you stop beating your wife?

I would defy anybody to have withstood that press conference with as much grace and poise as GWB withstood it. Yes, he is a terrible extemporaneous speaker. But try answering those questions directed at you and see how eloquent you would be.

The behavior of the press was disgraceful and I have no respect for any one of them. No president in history has ever been subjected to that kind of venom.

You're scary when you're right. Also, when you're wrong.

...which you are above.

Toodles.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 06:21 am
John Webb wrote:
Thanks to Bush and pals, during the last twenty-four hours, eight more Americans and one Italian dead in Iraq.[/b] Twisted Evil

I wasn't aware of them killing anyone. are you sure you don't mean to express thanks to the villainous scum that actually did the killing?
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 06:25 am
"No president in history has ever been subjected to that kind of venom." foxfyre

The poster must've been off-world during the Clinton administration to believe what she wrote.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 06:29 am
Agreed
If Bushco hadn't illegally invaded Iraq Iraqis and Occupation Troops would not have been killed.

I agree about the Italian killed. It was a dispicable act. The others I don't know about.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 06:31 am
Had Saddam not been such an ass, we would not have had to invade.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 08:53 am
McGentrix wrote:

McG: You need to give this to the White House: the administration has been using and discarding excuses for invading Iraq since the beginning of 2002. Your "Saddam-was-an-ass-so-we-had-to-invade" excuse may be just the convincing rationale that Bush has been looking for. Indeed, you might even win yourself a job as National Security Advisor, once Condi moves to the State Dept.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:26 am
joefromchicago wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

McG: You need to give this to the White House: the administration has been using and discarding excuses for invading Iraq since the beginning of 2002. Your "Saddam-was-an-ass-so-we-had-to-invade" excuse may be just the convincing rationale that Bush has been looking for. Indeed, you might even win yourself a job as National Security Advisor, once Condi moves to the State Dept.

LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:09 am
This guy makes more sense than most of what's been posted in this thread.

Quote:
Jay Ambrose: No apology, none dueJay Ambrose is director of editorial policy for Scripps Howard Newspapers.

Naples Daily News
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:17 am
I don't know this Ambrose guy, but that article gets my seal of approval for being pretty much fair and non-partisan. Thanks.
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:50 am
Re: Contempt
pistoff wrote:
"Nor has any been so deserving of utter contempt."

This Pres. desrves more contempt and also deserves to be impeached and prosecuted for High Crimes.

He is merely lucky that the Congress and the Supreme Court domintated by the Right Wing.

Were you not as upset on 9/11 when planes destroyed 3 buildings and 3000 people died in one day? Do you have no support for our men and women that are over there giving their lives so that this does not happen again?

It is thanks to those men and women (and several thousand before them) that you have the right to get on an internet chatroom anonymously and spout your drivel.

If you really disapprove of what we (I am former military) are doing over there. Hop on a plane, go to Iraq and tell the opposition that you support them and want to fight with them. See how quickly you are running for the protection of our fine fighting force.

Do you think that we should have left Saddam in power to kill another 300,000 of his own people with mustard gas (that's what he used on them and it is a weapon of mass destruction in case you didn't know)? Had Clinton taken Osama when he had the chance (the national security advisor could not locate him and could not reach him by telephone for well over an hour) 9/11 would not have happened and we wouldn't be in Iraq now. Saddam gave money and territory to Osama, the Taliban and al Qaeda.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:54 am
Brian, I am former military as well (Iraq the first time around and Somolia), and I disagree vehemently with the ilegal invasion and occupation of Iraq. So do many others on this board who have sevrved in conflicts from WWII-onward. Rather than jumping in and displaying evidence of simplistic reasoning, peruse the threads for a while, then repond in a civil manner, okay? Thanks.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:54 am
Nice post!

Welcome aboard, too. Very Happy
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:56 am
hobitbob wrote:
Brian, I am former military as well (Iraq the first time around and Somolia), and I disagree vehemently with the ilegal invasion and occupation of Iraq. So do many others on this board who have sevrved in conflicts from WWII-onward. Rather than jumping in and displaying evidence of simplistic reasoning, peruse the threads for a while, then repond in a civil manner, okay? Thanks.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, my! Hobitbob lecturing someone on civility! LOL!!!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:58 am
Re: Contempt
saintsfanbrian wrote:

Were you not as upset on 9/11 when planes destroyed 3 buildings and 3000 people died in one day? Do you have no support for our men and women that are over there giving their lives so that this does not happen again?

So, what evidence have you that leads you to assume AQ adn Hussein were collaborating?

Quote:
It is thanks to those men and women (and several thousand before them) that you have the right to get on an internet chatroom anonymously and spout your drivel.

And your comments are not "drivel?"

Quote:
If you really disapprove of what we (I am former military) are doing over there. Hop on a plane, go to Iraq and tell the opposition that you support them and want to fight with them. See how quickly you are running for the protection of our fine fighting force.

I think I covered this above.

Quote:
Do you think that we should have left Saddam in power to kill another 300,000 of his own people with mustard gas (that's what he used on them and it is a weapon of mass destruction in case you didn't know)?

Well, considering we gave it to him in 1989, we certainly waiteed a long time to do anything about it, yes?

Quote:
Had Clinton taken Osama when he had the chance (the national security advisor could not locate him and could not reach him by telephone for well over an hour) 9/11 would not have happened and we wouldn't be in Iraq now.

Again, what makes you think OBL and HUssein were linked?

Quote:
Saddam gave money and territory to Osama, the Taliban and al Qaeda.

Have you any documentation which would support this statement?
0 Replies