Where are the Conservative voices?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 12:48 am
@gungasnake,
Ever hear of a 1.25 Puckle gun?
It was invented in 1718 by an English lawyer.
It fired round bullets to kill Christians
and it fired square bullets to kill Moslems.

David
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 01:14 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
For too many of the posters in this forum,
ad hominem name calling is the maximum of their intellectual ability.

That's true, such as this little "gem" from an unnamed member: "@maxdumbcunta."

Shall we have a contest to see which side can engage in more frequent name-calling? Popcorn-eating emoticons everywhere are eagerly anticipating such an event!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/popcorn.gif

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 02:44 am
@gungasnake,
At least Islam values knowledge, we wouldn't have had the Renaissance or any knowledge of Greek philosophers were it not for them.

This is in stark contrast to your beliefs where knowledge and science are denigrated so only those with **** for brains can believe it.

The biblical flood really happened, evolution is a myth, there are cities on Mars and ancient Peruvians flew around on dinosaurs. Total nonsense. Like everything else you've posted.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 03:03 am
@OmSigDAVID,
It's a good lesson in what happens when dogma triumphs reason. Square bullets can't be rifled, which means they're wildly inaccurate, giving the Ottomans quite an advantage.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 05:21 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Please provide a link to verify that US troops killed 134,000 Iraqi civilians.

We know they had no remaining WMD programs, which they had certainly had before, only because we invaded. The "too terrible to contemplate" was about nuclear or biological weapons, not chemical weapons, in Saddam Hussein's hands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

Hans Blix was not given enough time. Hussein had no WMDs, we were taken to war on a lie. Why do you think chemical weapons are OK?

Quote:
You had stated that we had treated the Iranians unfairly because they had no connection to 9/11 and I stated that we did nothing to the Iranians in response to 9/11.

Try telling that to the thousands of Iranians who have died from lack of medicine.

The number is baloney. It includes a lot more than deaths caused by US troops. It includes, for instance, murders of Iraqi police officers by terrorists.

We only know he had no WMD programs left because we went in. At the time we invaded, there was a large body of opinion, all around the world, including world leaders, that Iraq had merely concealed its former WMD programs.

Please specify exactly what lie we were taken to war based on.

Saddam Hussein was given 12 years to comply to verify that he was not producing these weapons, which would be quite long enough if he intended to keep his word. Had he one day announced that he has nuclear or biological weapons, it would have been too late, as it is now with North Korea. I do not think chemical weapons are OK, but I had not intended to include them in my phrase "too terrible to contemplate." I was asserting that Saddam Hussein could not be permitted, even if invasion were the price, from possessing weapons so powerful that one use of one could kill hundreds of thousands of people. Don't be obtuse. I was not endorsing his possession of chemical weapons. As for the Iranians, I was denying that any action we took in response to 9/11 was directed against Iranians. All you're doing is making me clarify over and over what the meaning of my words was, which is a game people play when their central argument is indefensible.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 06:42 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

The number is baloney.

You're right there, exact records of Iraqi civilians killed were not kept, so the real figure is probably considerably higher.

Brandon9000 wrote:

Please specify exactly what lie we were taken to war based on.

That he had WMDs and they could launch an attack in 45 minutes.

http://bensix.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/45-minutes-from-doom.jpg
Brandon9000 wrote:

All you're doing is making me clarify over and over what the meaning of my words was, which is a game people play when their central argument is indefensible.

You're the one whose argument is indefensible. The war in Iraq was illegal, unjustified and all about making profits for Halliburton.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 06:44 am
Try quoting a reputable source for once. Your nonsensical claims are up there with cities on Mars, and Peruvians flying about on Pterodactyls, and should be treated accordingly.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 09:26 am
@izzythepush,
You could pick any source you like on that one, Poop, the thing about Omar and the Library at Alexandria is common knowledge and an easy Google search, upwards of 14,000,000 hits.

Typical:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121108033040AAjCZ7u

Quote:
In 642, Alexandria was captured by the Muslim army of Amr ibn al `Aas. There are five Arabic sources which mention the fate of the library.

Abu'l Faraj translated extracts from the history of Bar-Hebraeus - the Chronicum Syriacum into Arabic, and added extra material from Arab sources. In this Historia Compendiosa Dynastiarum he describes a certain "John Grammaticus" (490–570) asking Amr for the "books in the royal library." Amr writes to Omar for instructions, and Omar replies: "If those books are in agreement with the Quran, we have no need of them; and if these are opposed to the Quran, destroy them."

Ibn Khaldun (1332–1406) tells that Omar made a similar order about Persian books.

During the Caliphate of Omar, many Libraries were burned down in many places because they could have material that was contradictory to the Koran.

Muslims, throughout their History, have destroyed many works of Arts because they were against the principles of Islam which forbids depicting humans etc., Libraries and even Colleges because they could be repositories of Knowledge that could contradict their Koran.

Remember that it was the Muslims who destroyed the Giant Statues of Buddha in Bamiyan. Muslims who want to destroy the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx etc in Egypt. These are the kind of people who are immigrating here and growing in our midst today.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 10:29 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
You could pick any source you like on that one, Poop, the thing about Omar and the Library at Alexandria is common knowledge and an easy Google search, upwards of 14,000,000 hits.
So the other sources, especially Socrates of Constantinople, saying that it was destroyed by Patriarch Theophilus of Alexandria/Emperor Theodosius I in 391 are incorrect you say.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 11:06 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
So the other sources, especially Socrates of Constantinople, saying that it was destroyed by Patriarch Theophilus of Alexandria/Emperor Theodosius I in 391 are incorrect you say.

I didn't say you wouldn't be able to find one or two bullshit lies out of 14,000,000 Google hits.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 11:11 am
@gungasnake,
You're the one who's made a career of studying bullshit lies then presenting them as fact. Your refusal to even consider, let alone accept, scientific orthodoxy shows you're not remotely interested in the truth and never have been.

You desperately want the world to be a certain way so you're only interested in other delusional sources, then you post this bullshit as fact. You're terrified of the truth.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 11:14 am
@gungasnake,
So you consider Socrates of Constantinople's Historia Ecclesiastica to be bullshit.
Fascinating analysis ...
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 11:24 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
giving the Ottomans quite an advantage.

They had quite an advantage in the Armenian genocide.

gungasnake

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 11:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
So you consider Socrates of Constantinople's Historia Ecclesiastica to be bullshit.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and smells like a duck....
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 11:28 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You're right there, exact records of Iraqi civilians killed were not kept, so the real figure is probably considerably higher.

Maybe that is because the terrorists lived and launched attacks and rockets from populated areas. And counted on civilian death to get whiners like you panties in a bunch. You are being used by people who would just as soon cut your throat if they could.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 11:29 am
@gungasnake,
What I wrote:
Fascinating analysis ...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 01:50 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
giving the Ottomans quite an advantage.
coldjoint wrote:
They had quite an advantage in the Armenian genocide.
The Ottomen cud be un-fair.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 02:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowldc/files/2011/09/201106021423020551367e.jpeg
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 04:27 pm
When Bill Buckley died the voices of conservatives lost half their collective intelligence. All that is left is the likes of Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, O'Reilly and the rest of the Faux News propaganda team. If you added all of them together they might make the equivalent of a losing third grade debating team.

As for the Conservative political leaders--lets see there the half term Governor of Alaska, a Canadian Born Cuban from Texas, A Sanitorium escapee from Pennsylvania and a female backward Dominionist from Wisconsin.

Rap
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 04:37 pm
@raprap,
Quote:
When Bill Buckley died the voices of conservatives lost half their collective intelligence.
conservatives have for a very long time now been coming up with new ideas than the Left. It was the Right that spent big on think tanks, and recruited intelligentsia to work on promoting progress consistent with conservative ideology. The Left is stuck yakking about super old ideas that have already been tried.