PAWestie

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 12:39 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
LOL.
0 Replies

PAWestie

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 12:48 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
[Perhaps he thought he'd give it a go with an older bird to see what it was like]

I do think you may have been right about this quote. You went on to say he may not have liked it. I KNOW he liked it. I think he couldn't keep up. Wink
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 12:52 am
@PAWestie,
Quote:
I made some comments about getting together again but he did not respond. This really bothered me and I felt stupid and used and I sent him a message telling him so. He said it was not so but things got weird. I sent another message about that night and how I can't wait until he finds a new job and to stay away from me.

With interactions like this, you could be setting yourself up for a sexual harassment complaint. Be careful.

Why not wait until your marriage is legally dissolved? You aren't doing yourself much favor in that regard either, especially if the separation/divorce is a contentious one.
PAWestie

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 01:16 am
@Butrflynet,
I never made comments to him at work. He made his share also. I do think I am not going to go out of my way to speak to him anymore. We are still friendly and I will talk to him but just about regular stuff. If something happens, fine, if not then it wasn't meant to be. Thanks for the straightforward advice. I think you may be right.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 01:32 am
@PAWestie,
It isn't where you said them, it is what you said.

If he wanted to make trouble for you, he could say he felt his job was being threatened unless he agreed to another liaison with you and that you might try to get him fired if he declined.

That's one of many complications with office flings. Things can get complicated. You don't need that additional turmoil in your life. Find other places to soothe your loneliness.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 01:43 am
@PAWestie,
PAWestie wrote:

LOL. It really did not matter. This guy is different. Many people at work think he's weird and/or annoying. I find him refreshing and very attractive. I hope I didn't blow it with him. I am afraid to ask him. There is a 28 year age difference.

Genuinely curious here.

Are you a psychic, Ms Westie?

How did you manage to reply to Romulino's post, ten minutes before he'd posted it?

Question to A2K mods........Am I missing something here? Does the editing facility now allow us to go back and edit a previous post AFTER someone has responded?

It certainly wasn't the case on "old" A2K. However, If it IS allowed now......how open to possible manipulation is that!

(Genuinely hoping that Westie is psychic)
PAWestie

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 02:46 am
@Lordyaswas,
Wish I was psychic. Then I would know how everything is going to turn out. Could it be that my time zone is set incorrectly?
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 02:59 am
@PAWestie,
No, I don't think so, as Pompey Rompey would still have appeared on the thread after you.
It's obviously just a change in a2k policy, I suppose.

If not, could you please tell me tonight's lottery numbers?
cherrie

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 03:04 am
@Lordyaswas,
Romeo whatever posted just before, and just after Pawestie. Have another look.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 03:13 am
@cherrie,
Ah! Thank you, cherrie.

Now I see!

It's this bloody stupid thumbs up/down voting that made his post as good as disappear from my screen.
Why do they do that? How juvenile....really.

As most others do, I just skim down the posts, but have basically been denied his input (unless I really took my time and studied all the small print between posts) and consequently missed part of the conversation.

Why should other people's sensibilities, likes and dislikes affect what I see on screen?

Treated like kids, or what?
cherrie

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 03:19 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Why should other people's sensibilities, likes and dislikes affect what I see on screen?

It doesn't on my computer. The only time I can't see someone else's post is if I thumb it down.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 06:10 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
Question to A2K mods........Am I missing something here? Does the editing facility now allow us to go back and edit a previous post AFTER someone has responded?

Yes it does, the only constraint is time, not responses.
timur

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 06:20 am
@izzythepush,
Yep and this feature is awful as it allows ill intentioned posters to modify/twist their posts after they have been replied to..
izzythepush

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 06:21 am
@timur,
Agreed.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 06:23 am
@izzythepush,
Ooh, that's potentially dangerous. Someone who wants to have fun could really stir things.

Silly example...

Poster A: - What do you think of Rihanna's twerking?

Poster B: - I think it's really sexy. I wish she would do it to me.

Poster A edits first post to : - What do you think of an eight year old girl twerking?

Unlikely, I know, but we all know what trolls like to get up to, just to get a reaction.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 06:29 am
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:

Lordyaswas wrote:

It doesn't on my computer. The only time I can't see someone else's post is if I thumb it down.

I can assure you I never touched the vote button. Maybe it's an "android" thing, as I'm doing all this stuff on a Sumsingsong tablet.
Could be different for windows, but anyone voting down a post (maybe it needs three or four "downs" to erase it) makes the post disappear, apart from some tiny print easily missed.

Can a hamster comment?
cherrie

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 06:34 am
@Lordyaswas,
It might be something in your preferences. Perhaps you have clicked on 'yes' on 'collapse unpopular posts' or something.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 01:07 pm
@PAWestie,
Quote:
I think he couldn't keep up.

This is the epicenter of the problem with you two.
The tryst revealed the fact that he's not the cocks-man he purports to be in the office. He was afraid you would reveal that and squash his chances of getting more office tail.
If I were you I'd expend my energy on finding someone more suited to your needs. Both intimate and cerebral.
He's just too immature for you.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 01:20 pm
Yeah younger men (and women) ain't got the brains to make a relationship work..Smile
0 Replies

PAWestie

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 09:42 pm
@panzade,
This is the best advice I've received. In the back of my mind I thought this myself but didn't want to admit it. Thanks for helping.