How does a girl choose her partner?

lahore

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 05:51 am
Before answering the question, please read the context:
I work in a company where there are only 10- 15 females and 100+ males. Out of those 15 females, 4-5 are of my age and out of those 5 , is a girl which I like Smile She is beautiful, mod and has a great personality. In short, she is above average compared to girls of my society.

Now the problem is, whenever I think of talking to her, I cannot find a single point in me, on which basis she would choose me.

1- In those 100+ men, there are very very handsome boys... I am not. And I am sure she is being proposed on daily basis by many handsome boys (in and outsied company)

2- In those 100+ men (and others outside company), there are really wealthy boys... I am not. I am from middle class. I am sure she is being porposed by many on daily basis.

3- I do not do a lot of talking with people i.e. I am not very social and apple of everyone's eye... while there are so many confident and talkie boys around.

I want to know, is there still a chance that she would chose to be with me instead of one of those wealthy, well-paid, handsome and attractive boys? What does a girl usually look for in a boy??

jespah

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 08:07 am
It's confidence, intelligence, compatibility, that sort of thing.

Oh and maybe referring to a grown female member of the species as a woman and not a girl would be a nice idea, too.
lahore

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 08:10 am
@jespah,
Well, she's 22 or 23 years old... Calling her a woman instead of girl wouldn't be fair...
Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 08:36 am
In my opinion, women/girls oftentimes like a male that is popular, or gives attention to other women/girls. So, if a male talked to all the girls in a friendly manner, giving your time to a woman/girl in conversation, sometimes it gets the attention of the woman/girl you may really like. My point being that women/girls compete amongst each other for the "attention" of males, and talking to the other women/girls might get the "special" one's attention?

Also, you might just have to develop a more outgoing nature. One can overcome shyness, even though one's basic personality might be introverted.

Also, if the one you like is from a family higher on some social scale than yours, that can be an insurmountable obstacle in many societies. Meaning, if a woman/girl is attractive, and also from an upper-class family, few women/girls in that situation marries a male from a lesser background, in my opinion. That's the reality, in my opinion. But, who knows?

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 08:37 am
@lahore,
No, it is fair. She's an adult.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 08:52 am
Quote:
How does a girl choose her partner?

From one of these important scientifically proven methods for choosing a life partner:
1. Name from a hat;
2. Names on a dart board;
3. Consult a psychic;
4. Close her eyes and spin around 15 to 20 times. Whomever is the first person she will attach her self to for the rest of her life (whether its a boy or a girl).
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 08:53 am
@lahore,
lahore wrote:

Well, she's 22 or 23 years old... Calling her a woman instead of girl wouldn't be fair...

That kind of dismissive attitude I hear that young women really find sexy.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 09:34 am
Buy her a dustpan and brush, and maybe a pretty little pinny.
If you're feeling particularly smitten, a washing up bowl and a good cook book would really complete the ensemble.

She'll melt in to your arms, guaranteed......
Thomas

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 09:43 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
That kind of dismissive attitude I hear that young women really find sexy.

I wouldn't jump so quickly from the gentleman's usage of the word "girl" to assumptions about his attitude. We're probably just looking at one of those subtle differences between American English and Pakistani English. A quick look at Pakistani and Indian dating websites reveals plenty of "boys" and "girls" in their 20s and 30s. So calling a 23-year-old Pakistani female a "woman" may well come across as an ungallant comment about her looks. I suggest we drop the point.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 09:50 am
@lahore,
lahore wrote:
I want to know, is there still a chance that she would chose to be with me instead of one of those wealthy, well-paid, handsome and attractive boys? What does a girl usually look for in a boy??

There's only one way to find out, isn't there? Ask her out for coffee, have a chat in front of the water cooler, take her for a walk --- do whatever Pakistanis customarily do to show interest in a potential partner. You'll find out if she likes you --- and if you actually like her, as opposed to just looking at her.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 01:49 pm
lahore,

Stop over analyzing this issue. I have a feeling that you over-think most things in your life. (are you an engineer or statistician?)

If you want to start up something with this young lady, then you must decide to take a chance and act on it. Make it fun and casual.

Put all the stats and comparisons aside and just try to be friendly. You will know soon enough is she is interested in you.

lahore

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 08:25 am
@PUNKEY,
@PUNKEY

Waooo.... Yes , I am an engineer :p:p:p
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 10:05 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Buy her a dustpan and brush, and maybe a pretty little pinny.
If you're feeling particularly smitten, a washing up bowl and a good cook book would really complete the ensemble.

She'll melt in to your arms, guaranteed......

My Wally won my heart by putting me in shackles on a chain that only allowed me to go from the stove to the bed. On Saturdays I would cook extra for him so I could get Sundays off, well, as far as that chore.

Now, he trusts me enough that he lets me go all by myself to the laundromat!

0 Replies