Paul1

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 05:19 am
A good friend of mine has lung cancer. She has had five lots of chemo out of six. They are not going to give her the sixth lot as she is not well enough to have it, also because I think the cancer did not respond to the fifth lot. They have gave her radio therapy or radiography to her head without a brain scan. She won't ask any questions and won't let me ask any either. Does anyone know why they would do this without a scan ? Do they suspect it has gone to the brain, would they do it just in case it has gone to the brain ? There is no more treatment planned at the moment either. I'm very confused and frustrated. Does anyone on here have any thoughts ? Thanks very much

jespah

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 08:04 am
@Paul1,
I'm thinking that this is your friend's medical issue and you should let them have their privacy and make their own decisions and butt out of it.

I realize that you mean well, but you are depersonalizing this friend, by grabbing up what they should be doing. They have likely been disempowered enough without a friend butting in and asking the questions that the patient should be asking.

All I would suggest to you would be to suggest to this person that they get a second opinion, as everyone should, when a medical problem has hit the level of life and death.
Paul1

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 02:42 am
@jespah,
How dare you tell someone to but out. How dare you say I'm depersonalising my friend. I'm not doing anything my friend doesn't want me to do. How dare you suggest otherwise on such a sensitive issue. There's no real names used here. I merely ask if anyone had any thoughts, hoping someone else might have a similar experience or maybe going through a similar thing. If you can't offer any sensible or friendly advice I suggest you say nothing at all. Let's just hope you never have to go through a similar experience yourself. Maybe one day if you do, you might be a bit more understanding of the situation and not be so insensitive...
jespah

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 09:22 am
@Paul1,
Actually, I have been rather close to cancer patients. No, I won't share the particulars with you. And the best thing to do, assuming people are fully competent to make their own decisions, is to let them do so.

I do apologize for misunderstanding one thing - it was rather unclear from your original statement whether you were empowered by your friend to ask these questions. After all, you did say,

Paul1 wrote:

.... She won't ask any questions and won't let me ask any either. ....

And that looks an awful lot like you were taking matters into your own hands and bypassing her decisions and wishes in this matter.

Be that as it may, the answer when there are questions is to go to the medical professional and ask. And, if answers aren't forthcoming, to get a second opinion, or perhaps a third. But those remain your friend's decisions as to whether she wants to go that route. She might not want to, and you need to respect her in this area.
Paul1

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 11:08 am
@jespah,
Your quite offensive and as the project manager of this site I think you should know better
The Edster

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 10:37 am
Hello, She may have what's called small cell lung cancer. Because of the way this cancer is - it tends to 'break off' and bits settle elsewhere - patients are often given radiotherapy to the brain to protect it from the cancer settling here. It doesn't mean she already has cancer there. As they treated the whole brain they don't tend to scan it. There are many different types of lung cancer which are treated in different ways, so finding out the type if you can might be useful, as you can then 'research' it more easily. The Macmillan web page is a very good place for help and advice. Far better than somewhere like this. I'm sure she values all your support.
I hope things work out for you both, best of luck
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 12:15 pm
@Paul1,
Paul1 wrote:

Let's just hope you never have to go through a similar experience yourself. Maybe one day if you do, you might be a bit more understanding of the situation and not be so insensitive...

I love it when someone assumes that someone hasn't gone through what they have, or even more.

This isn't about you in any event. You're a friend yes, but perhaps one day you'll go through a similar experience as someone with lung cancer. Maybe one day if you do, you might be a bit more understanding of the situation and not be so insensitve.
0 Replies

The Edster

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 04:33 am
I've never read such rubbish answers to a serious, sincere question...Google search says ask an expert on able2know...it's a real shame because this did look like a good site. As a health expert and someone that's been well and truly touched by cancer, I was looking forward to offering my experience and support...disappointing to say the least :-(
trying2learn

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 07:02 pm
@jespah,
Being close and actually watching someone you care about die is different.

jespah wrote:
Paul1 wrote:
.... She won't ask any questions and won't let me ask any either. ....

jespah thank you for being there for them. I wish I could have saved her. Btw I had poa and she knew and agreed to let me post about her medical condition. Yes I am writing about my sis.

0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 07:03 pm
@Paul1,
I don't know jespah, yet I think she is kind. How dare you judge her?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 02:04 am
In all medical matters THE INTERNET IS OUR BEST FRIEND because we can google around to find out everything about whatever illness we've got and end up knowing more about it than the quacks.
We can then monitor that they're giving us the right treatment and meds..Smile
trying2learn

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 05:29 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
No, that is just wrong. Doctors do the best they can and they don't have all the answers.I respect doctors that say they don't know.

The internet is helpful when someone has a serious illness.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 01:13 pm
@The Edster,
Are you used to soliciting help from people who purport themselves as "Health Experts" over the internet??
Mn I got a bridge for you.
As jespah said, you seem to be ignoring the MAIN persons wishes.
The Edster

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 10:30 am
@farmerman,
I believe the guy ask a genuine question about his friend. It's obvious to me, dealing with this sort of thing every day that his friend wants him by her side for help and support. Maybe if you read between the lines of the question, he more likely meant to say "doesn't"like to instead of "won't" or indeed as many people in this situation are, too frightened to ask. There is no text or tone when reading some questions and can be read in different ways. I mean no harm to anyone one here and did not mean to upset anyone. It just seemed obvious to me, that the person was asking for help not meaning to betray or go against his friend....
0 Replies

Arcades

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 07:33 am
@Paul1,
After months of claiming that our most popular fatal diseases will be cured I have not yet shown an outline of the methodology that will intend( most importantly succeed) to provide cures for these diseases. People need to be made certain .

The development of organismicality was an aberrant feat. Evolution is always thus aberrant growth away from the macrosystem that the earth is. The reason why we label it an aberration is due to the rudimentary principles of the macrosystem.

In an objective macrosystem gravity must impart the dominant impact on anything emanating mainly, and or residing on the surface of the object system. We must analyse objectively the fact that organisms came from the earth to be able to be somewhat separate from the surface of the Earth. Look at it from a directional perspective. The Earth's gravity pulls objects into it's gravitational field, but this same mass forced constructive separatists- organisms. This can only be counter-intuitive to systematic gravitational consistence, and electromagnetics is the only force with the range to influence gravity at its dominant level.
Every organismic development that has ever occurred , from the transformation of the original atoms to the most complex organisms that we can readily observe, has been primarily electromagnetic response to gravitational dominance. The evolution of the cell marks a significant deviation from the scalar construction of inanimate objects.
Our immune system, the system that appears to fight off sickness, is actually more like a disease than protection from disease . The development of the immune system was an electromagnetic response to gravity , a gradual overall of the organismic system, the very same feat is now being attempted by cancer and aids and a litany of other diseases who modus operandi is to spread throughout anatomy aggressively.
The immune system was an evolution, an electromagnetic response , that we as organisms survived fortuitously.
Disease is the newest electromagnetic response , the newest form of evolution, that is adverse to how we are anatomically, but not necessarily adverse in its ultimate description- electromagnetics does not face extinction, the sub-product human does; and we diverge here two point of views: one, the strictly materialistic coherence where the universe remains elementary and matter is eternal, and two , the sub-product human coherence, specifically notions of ultimateness ,and survival being directly realistic.
Our immune systems don't fail us. The immune system was never meant to protect( consider that an immune system involves the mechanization of antigens that live inside our bodies). The electromagnetic response is eternally continuous .
The only way that we can end disease is the manipulation of the atom: the constructional level that remains contingently free from corruption.
Now I have reconfigured for us the New atom( the real structure) down to quarks : the strong force is spatial and equals gluons that spatiate electrons, from whose form emanates the Gravitational spatial curvature so we see how gravity could be the weakest force ,but yet impact the greatest influence at the macro scale, and also we see the forces themselves being linked ,and linked to matter: thus no atom, always equals no gravity- here is our modern atom spectrum(the photon itself emanates from spatial curvature ).
The key is to see the atom as an active energetic spectrum. We can affect the system with the specific introduction of specific elementary particles in conjunction with photons, and thus undercut any organization of any upper construct consisting of atoms, including cancer and HIV cells however we see fit for the reversion of growth and effect, so that when these adverse cells multiply they produce only regulated, less and less antigenic progenies with no foreseeable side effects. I, of course, cannot just reveal the exact methodological
steps just yet, but the simplicity is stark to our sensibilities, and to our collective conscience .

These diseases cannot be cured by pills, nor liquids, nor intravenously, nor homeopathically, nor chemotherapeutically, nor with a serial administering of any of these as none of them are electromagnetically "conscious" enough , specific enough.
Our successful treatment will be electromagnetically explicit. And no, you won't be made to feel the shock of electricity: you don't feel the natural electromagnetic processes in your body, so you will not feel our treatment for your disease. And now we can actually create a real immune system , to stand as our entry into conscious physiological evolution.
0 Replies