What do I do about this married man?

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 02:29 pm
Hello,
I recently met a guy who asked me out on a date. We went for coffee, walked around the city and had great conversations. During our conversation, I asked him if he was married and he made a soft no reply...so I assumed he was single. I also stated to him that I do not date married men because its wrong. He was perfect: kind, caring, considerate and smart, not to mention attractive. He started holding my hand and being affectionate, he even tried to kiss me in which I refused because I do not kiss on the first date. The following days after that, he called me everyday, sent me text messages, we spoke hours on Skype, and we we even pulled a few all nighters (on the phone). Then I agreed to meet up with him for drinks. We then did a little more than hold hands, we became more intimate and closer. By then we were crazy about each other. A couple of days after that he told me about a "situation" a "friend" had. He said that his friend was in a marriage that didn't really count as a marriage. Basically, it was arranged by his relatives. He claimed he was pressured to marry her because of tradition and was never in love with her. He knew his wife for two weeks then got married. They never consummated the marriage, even on their honeymoon, and fought most of the time. They kissed like once and I don't even know if it was a romantic one. He said she revealed two days after marrying she was in love with a man for 8-10 years but couldn't marry him because her parents were against it. They lived together for three months then he moved to another country. They haven't seen each other for 1.5 years. Clearly, he was talking about himself. I was so angry that he didn't tell me he was married I was literally shouting with him on the phone till 4 am in the morning. He said that it will eventually lead to a divorce but he has to go back to his country in six months to do it. I then removed him from skype and facebook and vowed never to call again. Then I got weak and called him bc I missed him so much. He picked up and we started talking again like we were dating. I haven't met him in person yet for another date bc I don't know what to do. This leads to my question....what do I do about this situation. Should I believe him? Is he in a real marriage and should I respect that? Should I met up with him. I so confused....

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 02:38 pm
@maltese2012,
He is married. You say you asked him initially if he were married and he told you no. Now you find out that he is married. So do you really want to get involved with a lying, cheating SOB?

Stop all contact and find someone who is available and is a bit more trustworthy. You deserve better than him.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 02:38 pm
@maltese2012,
Read what you wrote in your post. All the answers you seek are there in your own words.

Quote:
During our conversation, I asked him if he was married and he made a soft no reply...so I assumed he was single. I also stated to him that I do not date married men because its wrong.

Quote:
I was so angry that he didn't tell me he was married I was literally shouting with him on the phone till 4 am in the morning.

Quote:
Then I got weak and called him bc I missed him so much.

You need to decide if you trust him and his word. Then, you need to decide if your statement about not dating married men is still your guiding principle.

Once you've answered those two questions, you'll know what to do about this married man.
0 Replies