Obunga's presidency imploding

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 08:34 am
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/736ec94a-4df5-11e3-8fa5-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2l2BMLjax

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/17/curl-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-barack-obama/?utm_source=feedly

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 08:37 am
Yeah, by god . . . come January, 2017, that clown is outta there!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:21 am
Obunga numbers crash down to 37%

http://www.scribd.com/embeds/185695292/content?start_page=1

That's about what Hitler used to get in the Nazi heyday of 35 - 36....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:26 am
That's not even close to G. W. Bush's approval rating crashing to 25%. I wonder if you were here comparing him to Hitler at that time? Hmmmmmm . . .
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:42 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
That's not even close to G. W. Bush's approval rating crashing to 25%.
I wonder if you were here comparing him to Hitler at that time? Hmmmmmm . . .
What were his approval ratings as of early 1945 ?
gungasnake

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:57 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

What were his [Hitler's] approval ratings as of early 1945 ?

About what Obunga's are gonna be in another month or so...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 10:01 am
@gungasnake,
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2415363/pg1
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 10:17 am
We, collectively, can be proud that we did our duty and beat many a western nation to the achievement of having a Black head of state. So, some "buyer's remorse" can be expected, since his resume did not include much in the way of political office experience, in my opinion.

At some point we need to have a lady head of state. Then maybe a gay. Also a Catholic that lives to the end of his/her term of office would be nice.

I would not want any Jews as President, since I am a realistic, and in my opinion, anti-Semitism would increase for each little thing that went wrong during his/her term of office.

We should also have a Native American, since then other Americans can talk of the Great Indian Father in the White House, like Native Americans in western movies would talk of "the Great White Father in the White House."

It's just musical chairs. The country is too big to really be managed by one person. In my opinion, the President functions like Ed Sullivan did on his "shew." ["And now we have from the great country of Russia ..."
gungasnake

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 11:39 am
@Foofie,
In real life, the best solution is to abolish the job.

In industry when a job goes for 30 - 50 years and only attracts villains and jerks, the usual solution is to abolish the job. The only legitimate function of a US president is to preside over uses of the US military which do not rise to the level of a declaration of war and, for that, some other solution such as a council of house and senate leaders and the joint chiefs could be found.

Or, alternately, with the 17'th amendment rescinded, presidents could be selected by the US senate.
Foofie

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 05:20 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

In real life, the best solution is to abolish the job.

In industry when a job goes for 30 - 50 years and only attracts villains and jerks, the usual solution is to abolish the job. The only legitimate function of a US president is to preside over uses of the US military which do not rise to the level of a declaration of war and, for that, some other solution such as a council of house and senate leaders and the joint chiefs could be found.

Or, alternately, with the 17'th amendment rescinded, presidents could be selected by the US senate.

Or, if many people didn't vote for a President, it might then be embarrassing to win, knowing that a minority of voters elected the President. In effect, if the demographics of the country assured a liberal to be elected, the conservative candidate could run on the platform of, "Don't waste a vote on me. Enjoy election day some other way."
gungasnake

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 07:09 pm
@Foofie,
We need runoff elections. Nobody should ever hold any sort of an office with less than 50% of the vote.
Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 07:18 pm
@gungasnake,
You mean like Baby Bush in 2001?
0 Replies