Need help making a relationship decision!? Thoughts & opinions please!

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 10:33 pm
@peka,
peka wrote:

WOW
This is great!

Thank you, thank you!
it had some rough spots, like towards the end when my workaholic wife started to resent how"easy" my days were. I think that you need to address the financial side of this, with him only working two days a week, in a job he might not have yet.how do you, and he, deal with his presumed lack of funds?
peka

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 10:55 pm
@PUNKEY,
I have always hated the word socialization when it came to children. :/

The dictionary definition of SOCIALIZE is this: 1. To place under government or group ownership or control. 2. To fit with others; make sociable in attitude or manners. 3. To convert or adapt to the needs of society. Socialization is simply learning to conform with today’s society or world!

I truly believe that we should be very careful of who our children see and are around on a daily basis. When they are very young they absorb information quickly and we really shouldn't want our children to be socialized as the world sees it, but as we see fit.

In scriptures it says that the responsibility of the PARENT is to train their OWN children up in the admonition and love of the lord. When I put my daughter in daycare I'm giving up my responsibility as a parent and handing it to someone else to mold my child. That is not okay with me.

I do understand that you have other views, and that is fine it is your free will to do so.
As for socializing her, socialization occurs every day in human beings, at the market, at the book store, she absorbs me interacting with people. She hangs out with her cousins who have similar values and morals, she also goes to play groups with children that are in the same age range. I know all the mothers so I'm comfortable with her interacting with their children, because I know their beliefs. AND luckily my brother has a 2 year old as well who she hangs out with. Smile

Thank you for your input.

0 Replies

peka

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 11:05 pm
@Mame,
Sorry you got offended by what I said, but I'm simply stating the facts, and what I have read, and my concerns as a parent. Glad to hear your little one is blossoming though.
0 Replies

peka

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 11:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
Oh man!
Well, I will respect that he stays home with her, I was a stay at home mom when we were together, and the better half of this year. So I know how stressful it can be!

As for finances... my friend has a job lined up for him, BUT its not 100% guaranteed yet. It will give him about a grand a month. Which is plenty to do his own thing. I will be paying for everything else. If that doesn't fall through he will take the train to where he used to live to work with a friend on the weekends. AND if that happens then that is time apart which would relieve any stress between us.

Although none of this is 100% so you do have a point, i will definitely discuss this issue more in detail with him!
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 11:34 pm
@peka,
Quote:
Although none of this is 100% so you do have a point, i will definitely discuss this issue more in detail with him!
search yourself, what is keeping a man ( as in he is going to be a kept man) you dont even like that much for two years going to do to you? How is he going to deal with you having total say for two years what is brought into the house because he is not your partner AND he has almost no money? I think it is this kind of thing that will make these two years miserable if anything does, if you two have not addressed it before you start. after you are living together and the emotions start running high again these kinds of problems will be very difficult to solve. you need to talk now about such things as who is going to decide what groceries are bought with your money, or what cable tier is purchased. most likely you are going to have to at least a little being willing to let things happen with your money that you would not otherwise do, because of this living arrangement. and he is not going to get some things that he really wants because you dont agree and he does not have the financial power to get it otherwise.
0 Replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 01:41 pm
@peka,
If your daughter is truly well behaved, consider a nanny. There are many grandmothers out there of people that you know; maybe there is one that would enjoy feeling needed again, and could use a few shekels.
0 Replies