what is OBAMACARE'S Fatal Flaw?

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 11:59 am
@hawkeye10,
Have old people reenact the entire movie, Cocoon (1985)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088933/combined

No more need for death panels and end of life care! We would then have to send these rebooted geezers to colonize Mars or somewhere else off Earth in order to avoid overpopulation! Problem solved!
coldjoint

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 02:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
end of life care needs to be rationed, if you have a better way to do it then let's hear it.

End of life care is the families responsibility. And the family is shot. You asked for it you got it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 03:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
my mom sucked up nearly @200,000 in cancer care the last 8 months, a lot of it pointless medically but she was hoping for a miracle. my grandpa doctor shopped till he found a doc who would give him new knees, that he never walked on and was never going to because he was too weak. in both cases they would never had gone ahead if they needed to pay the bill, and they would have had better quality of life at the end had the insurance provider said no. I am open to telling the dying "no" when they petition for care that they expect someone else to pay for.
panzade

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 08:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
End of life care is a mind blower Hawk.
Somehow the nursing home convinced my Dad he needed $30,000 worth of dental implants at the age of 92....and he was taking mostly liquids.

I asked them point blank: "Are you nucking futs?"
CPAT30

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 08:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Please explain the 1/3 higher cost. I'm confused. Younger adults over age 26 not covered by employer group insurance in good health don"t require a lot of medical care, but when they do they are the most expensive group because they are young and more likely to survive 0r recover from serious illness or trauma, but it often is a lifetime expenses
0 Replies

CPAT30

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 08:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Remember Medicare is going away
0 Replies

CPAT30

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 08:42 pm
@panzade,
Sorry that happen.. YES THEY ARE... and GREEDY TOO
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 08:49 pm
I find this terribly ironic and I wish this young man only the best.
Quote:
Obamacare opponent, anti-gay activist, holds fundraiser to cover medical bills

Well this is terribly awkward. Obamacare opponent and National Organization for Marriage (NOM) Communications Director Thomas Peters, is seeking help via a fundraiser after not being able to pay his medical bills. Unfortunately, Peters became a quadriplegic earlier this year after a swimming accident and now he’s having issues with mounting debt incurred with medical expenses.

Prior to his accident, Peters spent a good amount of time speaking out against health care industry reform (when not fighting LGBT equality). Specifically, Peters worked ardently to take down Obamacare – the very legislation that, had it already been fully functioning, could have potentially saved Peters a lot of time (and money) in his current predicament.

CPAT30

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 08:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
My mom died of rare and generally incurable cancer... Her Dr. advised us as well as her that the one drug which did have some success was extemely toxic to the rest of the body. He empazied quality of life vs treatment. She elected the treatment, but after 3 months said enough this is not living... no more Sshe lasted 1 yr longer than given but it was still a slow and painful death. It's an individual decision how do die if given the choice and no one but the person facing that reality should make the choice.
CPAT30

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 08:52 pm
@panzade,
Experience is the best teacher
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 09:22 pm
@CPAT30,
no where else does the collective automatically pay for any and all choices that an individual could make, and we should not do it for end of life medical decisions either.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
But if it is eliminated, people without much money will be back to going to emergency rooms for single incidents or deciding between eating and medicine.
it is lunacy to make medical care a universal government funded entitlement before we figure out how to provide it in an efficient economically manageable fashion. we are a nation that is determined to eat olive garden every night when the funds available suggests that we should be eating Ramen a couple nights a week. if we dont like it we should figure out how to get a hold of more money, or how to satisfy our desires more cheaply.

With Obamacare, for the first time in America, the poor get access to decent medical treatment. Without it, they have to go to emergency rooms on a per incident basis, and things like, say radiation treatment for curable cancer are impossible for them. You seem fine with the second alternative.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

...I am open to telling the dying "no" when they petition for care that they expect someone else to pay for.

Excluding truly futile care, we have a moral responsibility to contribute to the care of our ancestors.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:28 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

...I am open to telling the dying "no" when they petition for care that they expect someone else to pay for.

Excluding truly futile care, we have a moral responsibility to contribute to the care of our ancestors.

as well our ancestors have a moral responsibility to not be an onerous financial burden on us. however if they are unwilling to be responsible I am open to telling them "no".
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

as well our ancestors have a moral responsibility to not be an onerous financial burden on us. however if they are unwilling to be responsible I am open to telling them "no".

And apparently willing to tell the poor to die as well. Congrats. How far society has come. This sounds like "A Christmas Carol." Hope you don't expect much help if you have some bad luck and lose your job.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:55 pm
@Brandon9000,
you dont help individuals by systematically impoverishing the nation. inflation adjusted median household income has been going down for ever a decade with no end in site, we cant afford to spend $8k per person per year for medical, much less what it will be after Obamacare. Some people must be told no.
panzade

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 08:35 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
we cant afford to spend $8k per person per year for medical

I'm sorry, I missed your source for this number.
Can you re-post it?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 10:19 am
Quote:
what is OBAMACARE'S Fatal Flaw?

It's not single payer.

Once that was decided it should have been scrapped.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 10:44 am
@McGentrix,
Wasent this a concision to the republicans? And of course to the insurance companies which is where all the trouble is being generated at this time?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 10:51 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix?! You just BLEW my mind! A conservative like you vouching for the most liberal of health care systems! I'm staggering now.