A Good Friend *ESSAY*

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 05:14 am
Hey could you please check my essay for grammar usage and/or things I should improve please? Thanks Smile

A Good Friend

There are many different characteristics a good friend needs to have. A good friend needs to be a trustworthy and loyal person. He needs to be fair, caring, and loving. A good friend would be someone that can make you smile or laugh; a person that will make you happy when you are sad. However he needs to be honest. He needs to be a person that is able to tell you the truth even if it isn’t pleasant to hear. He needs to be able to tell you something that you might not want to hear. But a good friend needs to be someone that won’t try to change the way a person is. He needs to be able to accept different personalities and characteristics. People might say that a life without a friend is no life at all.

A good friend needs to be a person whom you can trust. He needs to be someone you can tell secrets to and trust that they will keep them under any circumstances. They need to be loyal; someone who will always stick by your side in times of need and won’t sell you out for anything; someone who will be there for the good times but also the bad times. They will make good times better and bad times easier to bear. It is very hard to gain trust; however, it is easy to lose it.

A friend needs to be a fair person. He also needs to be caring and loving. They need to be good listeners and positive people. Without these characteristics, you won’t feel that you have a good friendship. A friend should be someone that can comfort you when you are in need of a shoulder. A good friend needs to be honest with you. He needs to tell you things about you that you should improve. Not because he is picking on you, but because he cares about you. He should try to make you a better person but not change you. As a matter of fact, he shouldn’t change anyone. He should be someone who can accept different types of people as friends with good and not so good characteristics.

It is easy to determine if you are a good friend or not. If you are able to tell your friend things he should try to work on you are clearly helping him, making yourself a better person and a better friend. If you can accept the way other people are and befriend them, then you are a true friend. Also, when you have the capability to listen to his problems and be a positive influence. It might be hard to stay positive after hearing all of the issues your friend has in his life, but if you are able to do it, than you are a friend worth keeping.

A good friend is many things. He is loyal, trustworthy, comforting, loving, caring, honest, fair, positive, and happy. He should stay by your side no matter what happens and someone you would trust with your life. That is who a good friend is. If you do by any chance have a great friend, you should try to keep him for as long as you live, because good friends are hard to find.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 179,065 • Replies: 14

trying2learn

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 05:38 am
@vascograca,
What stood out to me was you repeated yourself in the different paragraphs. There are members on this site who are really good in grammar. Hopefully they will come along and help you.

vascograca wrote:
He needs to be fair, caring, and loving.

vascograca wrote:
A friend needs to be a fair person. He also needs to be caring and loving.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 05:41 am
@vascograca,
Oh something else, it seems you go from singular to pleural.
timur

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 06:26 am
@trying2learn,
T2Learn wrote:
it seems you go from singular to pleural.

If he has the lungs for that, why not?
trying2learn

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 07:03 am
@timur,
What do lungs have to do with an essay question?
Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 07:08 am
@trying2learn,
Timur is kidding with you do to your misspell of plural. Pleural means lung tissue.
trying2learn

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 07:10 am
@Ragman,
Story of my life. Too many medical problems.
Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 08:06 am
@trying2learn,
Too many medical problems cause misspell? I misspell or make typos by the number.

You have my sympathy. However, a lot of us on A2K have tons of medical issues. I, for one, appreciate Timur's dry sense of humor.
trying2learn

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 11:05 am
@Ragman,
Once you explained it to me, I did laugh.
0 Replies

TomJones713

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:59 am
@vascograca,
Remarks:

"A good friend would be someone that"
correct - someone who

"However he needs to be honest"
correct - the word however is not suitable here, better omit it here.

"He should stay by your side no matter what happens and someone you would trust with your life"
correct - it's better to break this sentence in two - "He should stay by your side no matter what happens. He should be someone you would trust with your life"

Ranjeet Kumar

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 08:57 am
@timur,
har ek friends jaroori hai
Ranjeet Kumar

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 09:00 am
@Ranjeet Kumar,
ek acha dost har musibat me saath deta hai
Ragman

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 10:09 am
@Ranjeet Kumar,
Ranjeet, if you've been attracted to this website, perhaps you do know some English. What you might not be aware of is that the majority of the members on this website are English-speaking. Furthermore, I'd guess that the language in which you posted is a So Asian language ... perhaps Hindi?

If you want to be understood by most of the people here, I suggest you might want to use English.

However, if you what you're adding is spam to the website, please don't bother.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 10:53 am
@TomJones713,
Quote:
"A good friend would be someone that"
correct - someone who

Both who and that are correct, Tom.
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 01:35 pm
@vascograca,
I hate "A good friend"

A good friend has glasses and pale blonde hair. sometimes. Then it wasn't a good friend, because the glasses were gone.
0 Replies