@KaJe,
Reincarnation
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 10:22 am
@KaJe,
I think "cycle" works for this too.

Think of the "water cycle":
clouds, rain, groundwater, streams and rivers, the sea, evaporation, back to clouds, in a continuous process, indefinitely.

The same description could be applied to the processes of animal and plant life and death.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 10:43 am
@KaJe,
Quote:
As far as I know, "life cycle" refers to the course of a life, not to the succession of lives, which is very different.

That's true. Did you miss Infra's post where he offered "the cycle of life" which matches the description in your initial post?
0 Replies

KaJe

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2013 10:25 am
Well, it has gone too chaotic. Maybe I've got good answers too, I don't know. I thank everybody the intention of help, but I regard this topic finished. So I will word in a different way, without using this phrase, that is the best I can do, I think.
McTag

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2013 01:58 pm
@KaJe,

My English is not good enough for KaJe. Sad

Where's that razor?
timur

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2013 02:15 pm
@McTag,
At Occam's, probably..
0 Replies

KaJe

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 09:16 am
@McTag,
The case is that if English language itself doesn't contains a perfect equivalent of what I think about, you're English may be more excellent than Shakespeare's, there's nothing to do. But maybe it does contain, only I don't understand. But it is not so important, really!
McTag

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 11:51 am
@KaJe,

It is important to me, because here at A2K we don't like any genuine questioners about this language to go away dissatisfied.

Work on "cycle", I think the answer lies there. Maybe with a bit more explanation around it.
KaJe

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 05:46 pm
@McTag,
Sorry, what does “question lies there” mean? But if I’m not mistaken you ask me to make another attempt. But I’m not dissatisfied. You’ve helped me in another question in the other day, and I grateful for it very much. And I’m sure I’ll come again in the future with new questions which you could help me in! But if I find that I shouldn’t try to translate something word for word, it is also a perfect result. Well, there are a lot of English words which has no equivalent in Hungarian, and it is so also inversely. Maybe it’s not that case, but for me it is also perfect to say that every living being dies, however nature always revives, which means new lives, forever. However, I think now I’ve done how you asked me to do, i.e. making an attempt to describe this thing in a better way.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:46 am
@KaJe,

Quote:
Well, if I translate the phrase used in my language, it is circulation of life, or gyration/rotation /rotary motion / circumvolution / circuit / circle of life. Is not one of them used in English?

Yes, the cycle of life.

I don't think you have to make it more complicated than that. It is a common and well-understood phrase.
KaJe

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 07:13 am
@McTag,
I'm glad if it is so, and I believe it, if you too agree that this thing, i.e. cycle of life is very different than life cycle, which can regard to living beings, just like to products, i.e. it's widely used in marketing, but the point is that it's a curve, a graph. So I think it wasn't right to mention the latter, which caused this trouble, because it is about one life, or about the so-called common life of the same kind of things.
timur

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 07:54 am
@KaJe,
You question reminds me a great trilogy by Brian Aldiss: Helliconia

Quote:
It is an epic chronicling the rise and fall of a civilisation over more than a thousand years as the planet progresses through its incredibly long seasons, which last for centuries.

I believe your question would be greatly answered there, if you read it..
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 09:57 am
There may not be an English phrase in general use that describes exactly that. Whoever mentioned "the cycle of life" above came the closest to what I might use to describe it.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:16 pm
@KaJe,

Quote:
cycle of life is very different than life cycle, which can regard to living beings, just like to products, i.e. it's widely used in marketing, but the point is that it's a curve, a graph

You are looking at this very narrowly. I don't agree with what you have written here.
0 Replies