Unsatisfied desires, What do I do?

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 02:55 pm
I have been dating this guy for about a year and he is absolutely amazing, and I love him, or at least I think I do. I love going out to clubs, and having attention put on me, as if my boyfriends attention is not enough. Recently, another guy has reached out to me at first on a friend level, but then it change to sexual. I like hanging out with him, and I have this constant feeling of temptation. My boyfriend and his family have invested in me, and I love being with them. My boyfriend and I have all different kinds of sex, love making, passionate, or just straight *******. But with this other guy, I can't tell what it is, I don't want to break up with my boyfriend because he is my security, and I know that I will have a good future with him, but at the same time I don't want to stop having an affair with this guy because he turns me on to the point of where I cannot resist. What would you do if you were in my situation? Is there any way to justify my temptations? Am I a horrible person?

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 03:13 pm
No, you are not "horrible." But you are not ready for an exclusive relationship, or you would not be doing what you are.

Break up with him and explore the world a little.

May I ask your age?
hingehead

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 05:13 pm
@Diamonds6,
I'm with Punkey - you're not 'horrible'. The attention & being desired thing is all too human. Ultimately it's pretty empty but that's something it takes a bit of life to learn.

I guess I'd navigate it by thinking about it like this: your boyfriend has met a girl as a friend but she's putting the moves on an he's tempted by the flattery and attention and something he can't put his finger on, even though he loves you. What do you think he should do?
0 Replies

Diamonds6

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 03:36 pm
@PUNKEY,
I just feel so bad breaking up with him. He is my security and I always feel like I need him there. Plus on top of everything else, he transferred to my college for me so he hasn't really made a solid friend group. I know that I am young (21 years old), but I am just naturally so dependent on others. I don't ever want to be alone.
BillRM

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 04:37 pm
@Diamonds6,
Quote:
but I am just naturally so dependent on others. I don't ever want to be alone.

Counseling seems call for.
0 Replies