Who would like to transcribe the sentence on the board?

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 02:16 am
Welcome Miss. Agnes Smedley ...?

http://qclz.youth.cn/gw/tslz/201206/W020120613358947848875.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 496 • Replies: 2

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
roger
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 02:25 am
@oristarA,
Welcome Miss Agnes Smedley
Our Great Friend!

That's how it looks, anyway.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 08:36 pm
@oristarA,
Here's another Smedley, Ori, an honest one, who tells it straight what the USA is about.

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

Smedley Butler

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902–1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.
0 Replies